Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vanilla Sky....strangest movie ever! (besides A.I.)

:cool: Hell yeah this movie kicked ass. You are so right about the weirdness. But i loved it. haha One of the most fucked up movies i ever saw, in a good way. The weirdest part was as I stoped in the rest room on my way out, It made me think about all the near death experiences I have had in my life. I was like hmmmmm i wonder if i am really just in a dream..

Guest tilly

someone posted this!

I agree 100%. I had HIGH expectations and was sadly let down. THIS MOVIE WAS WEIRD!!!..and not right.

I am all for artsy films..take you on a journey...stretch your imagination..bring it on.

BUT, this just went down the WRONG path, IMO. It had potential to be a really good movie.

I dug the cinematography and ***idea*** of the plot but then it just took a dive.

My 2cents...save your $10 and don't bother to rent it either.

Originally posted by illlogik

:cool: Hell yeah this movie kicked ass. You are so right about the weirdness. But i loved it. haha One of the most fucked up movies i ever saw, in a good way. The weirdest part was as I stoped in the rest room on my way out, It made me think about all the near death experiences I have had in my life. I was like hmmmmm i wonder if i am really just in a dream..

Dude...did you just give away the secret ending?????

hmmm....

i thought it was pretty good.

IMO tom cruise is very annoying though...he smiles too much and isn't so good an actor i don't think. but penelope cruz is great, and the idea and cenimatogrpahy is good.

not the weirdest film by a long shot though

just off top of my head: go rent The Vanishing Skin or Eden Myth sometime....

Hi Tilly!!!!!

Guest tilly
Originally posted by barvybe

Hi Tilly!!!!!

HEY BABY!!!!! I miss you and I miss NYC. I went to a CHEESE fest last night. S FL is sooooo cheesy! I had to just keep drinking in order to handle it all...and now I'm nursing a nasty hangover today without my spicy Korean ramans!!! Those noodles really do the trick and I forgot to bring them.

One good thing about Vanilla Sky was the theater that I saw it in. It's called the Premier in Boca Raton and it rawks! You buy your tickets in advance like a play and get assigned seats. The seats are like love seats with plush velvet...very fancy and comfy. The theater serves alcohol..including martinis....so swanky.

:cool:

See ya in a week!

Originally posted by tilly

someone posted this!

I dug the cinematography and ***idea*** of the plot but then it just took a dive.

My 2cents...save your $10 and don't bother to rent it either.

I wouldn't say the movie was that bad, but the last 20 minutes of it or so could have either been executed better, or omitted all together

how creepy is cameron diaz???

Guest tilly
Originally posted by brooklynkid

i haven't seen it yet, so I'm trying to guage how weird it is...

would you say it was weirder than ummm Memento?

Memento was weird in an interesting and good way...expanded your mind to think differently. Took you somewhere else that you've never been before...like the first time you saw Pulp Fiction (first movie that I know of that played around with time and a different angle on subplots, plots within plots, etc.).

VS (not to be confused with Victoria's Secret hehe) was just weird...like Eyes Wide Shut. The underlying meaning was DUMB!!!!!!!! Really DUMB!!!!! You leave going, WHY, WHY did I just experience that????

montynyop- you nailed it about the last 20 mins ...if IT took a different turn then it would have been good but since it didn't, it sucked. BOTTOM LINE.

neonpromo- "YOU FUCKED ME FOUR TIMES, I SWALLOWED YOUR CUM, ...THAT MEANS SOMETHING, RIGHT?" ...that was classic CLASSIC. and the sad part about that is that there are girls/guys out there that truly think this way.

Originally posted by barvybe

not the weirdest film by a long shot though

just off top of my head: go rent The Vanishing Skin or Eden Myth sometime....

I have to agree with Barvybe on this one, if you think A1 or anything with Tom Cruise (i admit I haven't seen this, but i don't care how wakky the ending) is the weirdest movie, you have some cinematic exploring to do...

Ease yourself down with a little "Brazil" from Terry Gilliam, then go trashy with "Vinyl" by Andy Warhol, and then scratch your head and say "huh?" to "Wavelength" (blanking on the directors name, but you'll never find this one outside of filmclass anyway) in which the movie consists entirely of a slow zoom in an empty loft or "Pink Flamingos" John Waters homage to offensiveness. Now that is weird. Movies about a little boy who wants to be loved are for disney.

Originally posted by saigray

I have to agree with Barvybe on this one, if you think A1 or anything with Tom Cruise (i admit I haven't seen this, but i don't care how wakky the ending) is the weirdest movie, you have some cinematic exploring to do...

Ease yourself down with a little "Brazil" from Terry Gilliam, then go trashy with "Vinyl" by Andy Warhol, and then scratch your head and say "huh?" to "Wavelength" (blanking on the directors name, but you'll never find this one outside of filmclass anyway) in which the movie consists entirely of a slow zoom in an empty loft or "Pink Flamingos" John Waters homage to offensiveness. Now that is weird. Movies about a little boy who wants to be loved are for disney.

Preach it, girl!! You are 100% right.

Ever see 'The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover'? Now *that* is some fucked up cinema!!

I think the problem with VS is that it has been marketed as a mass appeal film with a notable cast. However it is not and its a dark sad story that many dont like to look at . Face it no one wants to see a guy with a spokey mask and what appears to be a mental disorder. Additionally many are use to happy endings, everythhing works out, the sun shines and in this film there is no happy ending the ending is in the middle (WHEN HE FALLS A SLEEP ON THE STREET).