Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OT: What gym do you workout at?

I'm doing the "weights at home" thing for the time being...but in the ongoing quest to get into "athletic shape" I gotta look for a place with Squat racks and other goodies! I need to get my Squat back to where it needs to be for running!

So spill the beans on where y'all workout - cause I need to find a place...soon!

Cheers!:)

Originally posted by northnjguy21

i do the weights at home sh1t but i mean if any 1 got any good cheap gyms around bergen drop info

worlds in paramus aint cheap (50 beans a month) but they have awsome equipment, all rubbber coated and 2+ of every size dumbbell. nice staff too. gets crowded at night but theres always something close to what u wanna do open.

this seems to be a recurring thread???

Crunch. most of the time on W83rd but i have the passport so sometimes on W38th. Depending on which location, they hve pretty new equipment and interesting/fun classes (classes for cardio instead of machines cuz i get way too bored on them)

Lafayette is open 24 hours too!

Loved... World Gym across from Lincoln Center used to sit in the steamroom after running for an hour overlooking the fountain across the way (the only bad thing about the gym was walking past the yummy smells of The Saloon on the way in hehe) it was weird being all scrubbed out seeing a pregnant Madonna walking on the treadmill only in NYC I tell ya

tried NYSC in the same area seemed so squooshed didn't stay there very long

Now I'm at Gold's because I'm temporarily back in Jersey :(

Originally posted by snoozi8

Loved... World Gym across from Lincoln Center used to sit in the steamroom after running for an hour overlooking the fountain across the way (the only bad thing about the gym was walking past the yummy smells of The Saloon on the way in hehe) it was weird being all scrubbed out seeing a pregnant Madonna walking on the treadmill only in NYC I tell ya

tried NYSC in the same area seemed so squooshed didn't stay there very long

Now I'm at Gold's because I'm temporarily back in Jersey :(

Yeah, the floor space really sucks there. But it's convenient for me. That is by far the worst NYSC that I have been too. And I mean I like rap music, but not CONSTANTLY when I'm working out.

Originally posted by magilicuti

your sig is gigantic man...

i suggest changing it before you piss anyone else off

Don't do what you don't want to do. Be yourself and if it's gonna piss people off, well let them deal with it. That's life. I did not find Smokesum's sig annoying the way it was. Magilicuti, have you combed the NJ board for Saleen's sig? Now that's an annoying sig (DOES THIS SIG PISS YOU OFF etc.). But hey, that's Saleen being himself, which is what we should all be doing.

Originally posted by deeprock

Don't do what you don't want to do. Be yourself and if it's gonna piss people off, well let them deal with it. That's life. I did not find Smokesum's sig annoying the way it was. Magilicuti, have you combed the NJ board for Saleen's sig? Now that's an annoying sig (DOES THIS SIG PISS YOU OFF etc.). But hey, that's Saleen being himself, which is what we should all be doing.

good point...