Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I can't understand NYC

hmnyc

this is not a thread to insult anyone, i would like to know how you pple feel. i love to go clubbing and dance and do the whole thing, been to the WMC and going again this year. its so frustrating with such a big city that the venues are so shitty. ive done the lounges, Suite 16, Park, veruka and others, that shit is so boring, pple are so fucking fake. Clubs been to all of them, i frequent vinyl alot because they have the best music in the city. i come here and see pple posting about Roxy, i went there for JV's birthday party and it sounded like a KTU party, horrible music sounded like Top 40 hits, and than you pple talk about going to Vinyl afterward. The music at Roxy and Vinyl are totally on oppositte ends of the spectrum. i don't see how you can compare them. Y spend ur money to hear shitty music, i have done it myslef but from what i see majority of pple do it every week, how do you handle that shit, i sure can't. I went to SF last week, no idea y, but i thought i would never go back there, but that place is so terrible. i don't understand why pple go out to sit on a couch, and bull shit all night. i thought the whole purpose of goin out was to dance and not to stand around in the same spot all nite as i have noticed most pple do at SF. Damn i know some places in CT that play better music than the garbage i hear in some of these clubs in the city, and for less money. the only place to go is Vinyl but im sick of that place, the music is great but the club itself is just nasty along with their asshole security, its easier to do things at SF and Exit than at Vinyl now its insane. With such a great city the Venues just suck, whats goin on!!!!! Can't wait for the WMC to get the fuck out of this hell hole. and its not b/c of 9-11 the city has been in a slump so don't even start with that shit. i know some of you pple feel the same way.

lata

the reason to go out is to go somewhere and enjoy the music meet pple instead of hop scotching around the city wasting money and just getting aggrivated ive been through that many times, and when it comes down to that, everybody is like what the fuck is going on. i like to stay at one place and just enjoy the experince, shit its not like were in Miami here. my 2 cents

Originally posted by hmnyc

the reason to go out is to go somewhere and enjoy the music meet pple instead of hop scotching around the city wasting money and just getting aggrivated ive been through that many times, and when it comes down to that, everybody is like what the fuck is going on. i like to stay at one place and just enjoy the experince, shit its not like were in Miami here. my 2 cents

totally agree :). It's all about the music...NOT "the scene".

Guest saleen351

this is not a thread to insult anyone, i would like to know how you pple feel. i love to go clubbing and dance and do the whole thing, been to the WMC and going again this year. its so frustrating with such a big city that the venues are so shitty. ive done the lounges, Suite 16, Park, veruka and others, that shit is so boring, pple are so fucking fake. Clubs been to all of them, i frequent vinyl alot because they have the best music in the city. i come here and see pple posting about Roxy, i went there for JV's birthday party and it sounded like a KTU party, horrible music sounded like Top 40 hits, and than you pple talk about going to Vinyl afterward. The music at Roxy and Vinyl are totally on oppositte ends of the spectrum. i don't see how you can compare them. Y spend ur money to hear shitty music, i have done it myslef but from what i see majority of pple do it every week, how do you handle that shit, i sure can't. I went to SF last week, no idea y, but i thought i would never go back there, but that place is so terrible. i don't understand why pple go out to sit on a couch, and bull shit all night. i thought the whole purpose of goin out was to dance and not to stand around in the same spot all nite as i have noticed most pple do at SF. Damn i know some places in CT that play better music than the garbage i hear in some of these clubs in the city, and for less money. the only place to go is Vinyl but im sick of that place, the music is great but the club itself is just nasty along with their asshole security, its easier to do things at SF and Exit than at Vinyl now its insane. With such a great city the Venues just suck, whats goin on!!!!! Can't wait for the WMC to get the fuck out of this hell hole. and its not b/c of 9-11 the city has been in a slump so don't even start with that shit. i know some of you pple feel the same way.

lata

Tempts = cure.........

NYC sucks!

Don't hate tempts hate the scene..........:cool:

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Yeah a lot of people go to Roxy then vinyl.......

also a lot of people have roxy cards to get in free....meet up w/ friends and get the night started..... The music types are different but just go out and have a good time!!!!!!!!

exactly bro...we get to all hang out have a few drinks together and have fun in our own way,,,,then whoever wants to bounce to vinyl does..just casue the music hasnt been great we still have fun chillin with eachother

I'm sick of hearing people ranking on what people do when going out to lounges and clubs. To each his own. Some people like going out to socialize and hang with their friends, some go cause of the music, some go to dance, some go to get fucked up and have fun, some go to get ass. Whatever, no one way is right.

Why do you care if people spend their money to hear shitty music? It's their choice. Most lounges/clubs are there to make money, not to spread the love of music around.

Hell if you just wanted to listen to music you could stay home.

And if you don't like the way things are, start making a change, get up and try to bring what you think NYC is missing to the scene.

One word:

"SHELTER!"

Just you all wait!

Oh..

and you have to come pay a visit to some

of the weekday parties at filter14,

Baktun and Pseudo..

If it's music for music's sake you seek..

then start hanging out with some of us that live,

shit and eat MUSIC..

There's a nitch for everyone in this city!

Don't look for Miami in New York,

because NY isn't Miami..

Just open your eyes to stuff you are looking over..

look under every rock and carpet..

YOU JUST MIGHT BE SURPRISED WHAT YOU MAY FIND

IN PLACES YOU LEAST EXPECTED!

. . I personally don't think that Vinyl is that nasty of a club . . I mean. . what are you expecting? . . .you want a multimillion dollar job like Exit? . .well, then you're gonna have to contend with an exit like crowd . . . But this is semantics about Vinyl, which is not the focus of your post . . .

. . . As far as the overall feel of New York nightlife . . I have two words for you : Wannabe Eurotrash . . .

. . . Economies of scale, all economies of Scale . . . Being an outsider I've found that New York is looking for some painfully trendy/tragically hip all-ecompassing paradigm that not even the REAL Eurotrash aspires to . . . But it's to be expected from this city . . . That's why the outer boroughs exist . . .

Originally posted by gqraver

I'm sick of hearing people ranking on what people do when going out to lounges and clubs. To each his own. Some people like going out to socialize and hang with their friends, some go cause of the music, some go to dance, some go to get fucked up and have fun, some go to get ass. Whatever, no one way is right.

Why do you care if people spend their money to hear shitty music? It's their choice. Most lounges/clubs are there to make money, not to spread the love of music around.

Hell if you just wanted to listen to music you could stay home.

And if you don't like the way things are, start making a change, get up and try to bring what you think NYC is missing to the scene.

thank u... someone had to say it... and u said it perfectly.

i hate when people say "i was going to SF and places like that when i was 18" "now i go to lounges"

fuck you! that sucks for you......going to a lounge doesnt make you cool...you spend more money to stand/sit around drinking WAAAAAAY overpriced drinks and talk to people....fuck talking to people...i talk to people all day....i go out to dance, preferably in my jeans and sneakers

i love dirty vinyl, i love the shack, and id rather even go to Roxy than go to a bullshit lounge.....ill go to lounges when im 25, for now give me the underground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BG

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

I think its an attitude like that that is doing more damage to the scene than anything else.......

what is this "scene" everyone speaks of,lol. Why does there even have to be "a scene".

Can't people just go out to a club or a lounge because they like the music?...and not to "hook up with guys or pick up chicks."

the scene is what makes a club. even in a club which is allabout the music, that is its scene. people can make or break a venue just as the music can.

and the beauty if new york is that there is a plethora of places with totally different vibes and scenes. you can go to a place like suite 16 for drinks, dress well, mingle, then you can don the sweats and sneakers and go to vinyl to listen to danny rock the place into the morning.

i think people who ONLY go out to lsiten tomusic are missing out on a very fun part of NY nightlife. and those peoplewho ONLY go out ot mingle and "pick up girls" are definitely missing out on a very fun part of the nightlife, which is places like vinyl. bottom line, NYC is a very diversified place, and that is what i love about it.

Originally posted by mysterynyc

what is this "scene" everyone speaks of,lol. Why does there even have to be "a scene".

Can't people just go out to a club or a lounge because they like the music?...and not to "hook up with guys or pick up chicks."

When I say scene I'm talking about clubs in the city in general. I actually do go out to hear some good music. I could care less if i hook up with a girl or not........

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

the scene is what makes a club. even in a club which is allabout the music, that is its scene. people can make or break a venue just as the music can.

and the beauty if new york is that there is a plethora of places with totally different vibes and scenes. you can go to a place like suite 16 for drinks, dress well, mingle, then you can don the sweats and sneakers and go to vinyl to listen to danny rock the place into the morning.

i think people who ONLY go out to lsiten tomusic are missing out on a very fun part of NY nightlife. and those peoplewho ONLY go out ot mingle and "pick up girls" are definitely missing out on a very fun part of the nightlife, which is places like vinyl. bottom line, NYC is a very diversified place, and that is what i love about it.

well fucking said bro.. bravo!

seriously, people need to understand that there are other reasons to go out then simply "the music"

personally, i'm all about *THE PARTY*

sometimes i like the girls in the place to be hot.. i won't lie.. but then other times i dont' give a shit.. room could start filling up w/ the chelsea crowd and as long as i'm w/ my friends having a good time i really dont' give a fuck..

just go out w/ your friends and have a good time...

lata

Well, I think people go to clubs for many different reason...unfortunatly the number one reason is to hook up.

But NY is filled with so many fake people..its unbelievable

Good thing I see through everybody.

Yuk, fake people....I can't stand them. So you're having those problems too, right? Well, my heart skipped a beat to hear some people say that the music in NYC sucks...on the other hand. I can handle about anything...bringing my own positive vibes and those of my friends or fellow party members.

It's what U make of it...ofcourse I now understand that NYC's nightlife doesn't seem to keep up with the nightlife in Amsterdam, but he, I consider Amsterdam one of the greatest places on earth, for clubbing that is. I've talked about different clubs in my thread , more vibes from overseas, but I still think that people make the club...it's all about the vibe...We got our classic funky/disco parties at the Paradiso, trance and extravaganza-parties at the It. Drunken parties at The Cool Down Cafe.

The best lounch in the world at Supperclub. All kinds of themes at the Escape. Massive al styles parties at The Amsterdam Arena, The Rai and the Heineken Music Hall, but on the other hand also some great Jazz/ Blues clubs and regular cafe's.

Right now I hope Centro-Fly will be my little home away from my hotel when I come over at the 26th of april. And to be honest the word over here goes that NYC ain't ready enough for a , let's call it, a trance-scene for ex.

I got to much trust in NYC though...hopes that doesn't brake me..

but on the other hand....they will have to put in a real effort to make me lose my smile..:)