Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who or what introduced u to the club scene?

I started listening to house/trance/techno all dat g00d stuf back when i was in 7th grade. and things just got better.i started promoting for teen nights.. then i had enough of that crap and moved on to the big clubs :tongue::D

Originally posted by roninmess

Oh yeah... My first every club was Facades in nanuet when i turned 18. Cheese, but they allow underage drinking. I've listen to house and techno since like '93 when i was 13, but living up here in Orange County... never knew of city clubs, then when I found out about them noone i knew went, but in january last year my friends took me to exit with them... I was like :eek: Then soon after I found clubplanet and it gave me more information about the clubs, and then I started meeting you people, then I started going out alone, and the rest is history.:D

yea thats kinda how it happened with me..... gary and some of his friends were the only people i knew that went.... and he took me to exit almost a year and 1/2 ago... and then i found out about clubplanet.... and found out more and more about the scene.. etc etc....

seems like almost all of our first club experiences have been at exit lol :rolleyes:

actually.. exit that night was what got my hooked but my first city club ever was TWILO.. i chalked my ID (had no clue what city clubs were like) and got in!!! lol.. i was scared tho.. I was 17 and the crowd was weird and i had some scary guy following me around all night!

My first clubbing experience was (I think) sparked by an older friend in HS. She got us to come out to a Chicago club called Medusa's. It was a good underage 'Juice bar' great music, Chicago house (when Chicago house was just coming up) and it taught me how to dance without any space to move.

My first NYC club though was Twilo (on my first nigh twith CPers). No better baptism there.

WOW I STARTED 13 YRS OLD IN THE TENNIS COURT DANCES IN LAVELLTE NJ SHORE, THEN IT WAS TEEN NITE AT DANCINS, FROM THERE IT WAS THE JERSEY SHORE TEEN NITES AT XS N SURF CLUB THEN CAME NYC PALADIUM,LIMELIGHT NASA & USA I CAUGHT THE TAIL END ROBOTS SYSTEMS THEN I FOUND THE TUNNEL WHERE I LIVED FOR ABOUT 3 YRS

Originally posted by anthonyn

WOW I STARTED 13 YRS OLD IN THE TENNIS COURT DANCES IN LAVELLTE NJ SHORE, THEN IT WAS TEEN NITE AT DANCINS, FROM THERE IT WAS THE JERSEY SHORE TEEN NITES AT XS N SURF CLUB THEN CAME NYC PALADIUM,LIMELIGHT NASA & USA I CAUGHT THE TAIL END ROBOTS SYSTEMS THEN I FOUND THE TUNNEL WHERE I LIVED FOR ABOUT 3 YRS

NASA *sighs* :(

~~~ im original!!! my first club was VINYL about 2 yrs ago......long story why...but the point is i hated it.......then i went to EXIT on a teen nite.....liked the venue but hated the ppl....i decided to give vinyl another chance after that...so i was there like every friday....got tired of it started going to exit every friday......got tired of that so now im at roxy every friday.....but i will be returning to exit on the 15th!!!!!

Originally posted by sexxyh

~~~ im original!!! my first club was VINYL about 2 yrs ago......long story why...but the point is i hated it.......then i went to EXIT on a teen nite.....liked the venue but hated the ppl....i decided to give vinyl another chance after that...so i was there like every friday....got tired of it started going to exit every friday......got tired of that so now im at roxy every friday.....but i will be returning to exit on the 15th!!!!!

My god you are lost......

Vinyl and Exit.........Two opposite ends of the spectrum. Maybe I suggest something in the middle to hang out week after week if you never liked either. BTW.......will I be seeing you at Roxy?:)

when i was 14 I went to Limelight with my friends ID. thats what started it all for me. i remember coming inside and being like WHOA! so this is what a club is all about.

i see a LOT of you had LL as your cherry popper

i'll be there the 16th paying my respects and saying goodbye

i want to see all of you there saying goodbye to the club that brought all of us into this game :)

my first time was exit 2 years ago after I left my gf at the time. Went nuts tried some new things, but loved it beyond belief. Slowly started turning away from clubs, just too expensive for my college ass. But Ill still hit them up from time to time...

i'm deff a late bloomer i mean when i was young i just house partyed or like frat partyed in college but like a few month's ago i moved to nj and i was bored as sh1t and the party's weren't then same so around thanksgiven i turned 21 and i met this girl she was all into the club thing and was like wow u never clubed and told me i'd fit right in at sf and sh1t like so i was like true i'll try it so she made me get a id then toke me to tg at sF it deff was decent since i've tryed to hit up a few diffrent places and i deff try to club at least once a month if not more ;)

my 1st club was in Providence called the strand- I was 17 and borrowed someone's id- my whole hs was there, that was back in the day of mosh pits- I thought it was the greatest we had sooo much fun then...

Then freshman yr of college I came to NJ for Rutgers and these girls from my dorm took me to Limelight saw these pple on stilts different drug in every room, I was amazed....

After that there was a clubbing hiatus where we went to abyss and the melody (if you count that as a club) Until we all turned 21 and would go to any club we could get comps at (Cheetah, Ohm, Cream)..... they were ok back then.....

It wasn't til I was 24 that I actually experienced Twilo, SF, Exit, Vinyl.... so even though I'm 25 I'm still like a little kid full of wonder and excitement at these places.... I know it sounds corney, but the stuff they do at SF is just AMAZING.