Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GOING THRU IT @ Roxy!

the title basically sums up my review....

First off---bigups to Rdancer, Trancer, and Godfather for meeting me before hand so i didnt have to roll dolo..

Johnny blew it up early as always...i was at the bar with manny when he did he best work (the end, living in ur head, crowd song)..i did make it back to the stage for da booka

Funniest shit was how they weren't letting Blazeny back on the stage with us...so i walk over to pull him on and the bouncer sez "You runnin the stage?" so i said, "Yeah!" and he just steps back and sez "let em in" :laugh:

Manny the Greek was awesome...opened with Sal Parm's aftermath...played some good shit even tho cd players were skippin on him--BUT THEN

Manny's friend from Deeper comes in and lets him borrow Going Thru It and he rocks the whole 10 minutes....all i gotta say is

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Now I know what all the SF heads are flippin over....amazing track...i never thought JP would make something that hard....

Richie got on and was nice also--great tribal beats, Played Rivera's Be free, funkatron, dramerez burnin up, new superchumbo, pqm u are sleepin, mad nice tracks...

Nice seeing the stage crew again--LinaBina, sexxyh, arty, blazeny, cody, ronimess, djjon, everyone else Im too cracked out to remember..

I WANNA SEE U ALL AT TWIRL THIS THURS--not sure what time i play but we'll throw down in there...

Mikey BuGouT

you people amaze me.:eek:

Granted, it wasnt JP who dropped the track and there was no efx, no garth dub, no acapellas, no 30 minute long extension or anything--but the way I see it. I can appreiciate the track more now If I goto Factory and hear what JP does with it.

That is pretty selfish that you "factory-heads" are showing displeasure that GTI was played in another club. So Jonathan just makes music for those people who goto factory. Forget about me. I work spinning every saturday and sometimes cannot make it down to SF and stay all hours of the morning. Does that mean that I can never enjoy GTI? I agree....I'm sure there's nothing like hearing it at SF with the whole lights show and seeing people flip out and hearing whatever JP does to it--- Hearing my track at my club upstate and hearing it in exit with snow coming down ws almost 2 different songs.

JP makes musik for the people--not just for the apple-grabbers, k bumpers and meth freaks. I think you people are jumping to conclusions. Its not like the song was played on KTU. Plus it was a guest DJ who played the CD once when a Deeper guy let him 'borrow' the cd. So I doubt until its released:laugh: I will hear it again anywhere other than SF unless I dont make it down.

With so many distinctions in musik and in the nyc scene, it seems like there is some anamosity btw "vinyl heads" and "SF heads" and "former exit heads" and I try to stay cool with everyone and just enjoy the variety we have in NYC....but at this pt...SF heads that are saying what was said above get a huge:knife:

Mike BuGouT

Originally posted by djmikebugout

you people amaze me.:eek:

Mike BuGouT

i think u may be overeacting and or overanalyzing what we r saying.....there are many songs played at factory that when i hear other places i go nuts just the same....it's just some songs really do 'belong' in some places while not in others....not saying i am the end all be all on what can be played where...just saying...pretty much most of the factory 'family' will agree....eh..this is probably a useless convo...

Well to get this thread back on track..........

I had a wonderful time at Roxy on Friday.. I thought Vicious was absolutely insane, wonderful, hard set.. good track selection and, as always, good mixing.

Much love to the stage crew.. we distinctly owned that stage this Friday.. loved the shoutout to the CP stage crew from the mics.. that was hot.

I have to say though, I'm a little disappointed in a lot of the CPers cause they haven't been holding it down until the late morning hours anymore.. it's ok, I understand you guys were tired.. it's just that me and BuGouT were missing you all!!

bigpoppanils -- looks like I won the battle.. you did beat out godfatherbam, but I beat you by a long shot!! ;) ;) ;)

There's always next week..

Hope to see a lot of you at Twirl this Thursday.. come support one of our own. You guys will really enjoy his beats.

Shoutouts to all of the usuals!! :D :D :D

OH MY GOD.... I can't believed they played that song outside of FActory OH MY GOD!!! Factory is the greatest club ever. I will always bow down to Johnathan "God" Peters! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD... how could they play "goin thru it"??? HOLY SHIT!!! THEY SHOULD ONLY PLAY "GOING THRU IT" AT THE GREATEST CLUB, SOUND FACTORY!!!

Originally posted by karch

OH MY GOD.... I can't believed they played that song outside of FActory OH MY GOD!!! Factory is the greatest club ever. I will always bow down to Johnathan "God" Peters! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD... how could they play "goin thru it"??? HOLY SHIT!!! THEY SHOULD ONLY PLAY "GOING THRU IT" AT THE GREATEST CLUB, SOUND FACTORY!!!

greatest club ?? um does twilo ring a bell :rolleyes::D

Originally posted by karch

U GOT THAT RIGHT:D