Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is exit really that bad?

roxy is definately my favorite club in terms of music and the people who go there, plus the fact that johnny vicious is my favorite dj...... but exit is starting to get a good line up in terms of djs. i never really liked exit and i agree with most people that it sucks, but i'm starting to get the itch to go back. they finally got rid of no talent and commercial dj tony draper, plus they have had a good line up such as judge jules, tiesto, dave ralph, etc, and soon to be ferry corsten. the enviroment still kind of stinks, but if they still keep on getting these quality djs i'm sure that'll start to change..... so thinking of this i asked myself is exit really that bad now...... i would like to know what everyone thinks about exit now compared to then.

i absolutely agree with all of u, i'm convinced it does really, really, really suck. i just wanted to know what all of you thought, being that they improved the dj line up........ plus i asked, because i needed help making up my mind whether i should see ferry corsten in april or not

I def. understand where your coming from. I used to like Exit, before rennovations, there was room to breathe and move. I like the fact that they are getting crazy talent in, Armin Van Buuren, Macguyver are among two of the Dj's I wish to see, but when you take a step back all clubs are getting fantastic Dj's. Crappy world has some as well... It all comes down to that YOU know what your getting into to go see these DJ'S. Let's look at the facts shall we...

1.) You know its going to be a bitch to get in, the lines are fucking horrible and you can wipe your ass with the tickets cause sometimes they don't line skip.

2.) Coat check (HAHA) What is that.... Another hour depending on the crowd.

3.) Fucking crazy mixed crowd no room to breathe...

4.)EXIT FUNK- Need I say more..

5.) No room on the dance floor as well as room to explore.

6.)Hopefully you dont have to pee or fill up a water bottle cause you going to be waiting in line a long ass time..

7.) Shitty staff...

Take these factors into hand and you will know that you will have a good time... If you really enjoy the music it dont really matter.. N e ways goodluck to you on your Journey into Exit.

Ughhhhh Exit

:mad:

I went this past saturday for some reason, and they had said that it was free for ladies before 12. So we get there and its about 1150, and I know this because when I left my car I checked the time and it was still before 1145. So it took like not even 5 minutes to walk there and there was no line so we just walked right in.

Then when I went to pay the lady was like $55.

and I said its free before 12, and for some reason THEIR watches said it was AFTER 12

WTF

we woulda left but being that we drove there we ended up going inside, oh and for some reason I was FREEEEEZING in there.

Crowd was horrible, although the music was good, but the crowd and vibe was bad

:blown: :blown: :mad:

I hate to see consistent hating on Exit even though one of the main problems a lot of you had with the place is gone (DRAPER).. I know it's got a lot of work and effort and changes that need to be made, but they are really trying to get that place a different vibe, and if you don't believe me, look at Exit's sales for the past couple weeks.. they are seriously hurting.. the problem right now is that there is a transitional stage.. they are trying to get the place more up to potential with big names in there and get rid of the cheesy Draper reminents.. but at the same time.. the old crowd is still lingering there as well as a new crowd coming in to hear the talent.. if Exit plays its cards right and things work out well.. I think the venue might be more of enjoyable place to be.. with all the scumbags that don't know good music from crack in their ass gone and the new crowd that appreciates the music in there.. I dunno.. I guess I just have high hopes.. but we'll see. I'm just saying, don't be so quick to immediate dismiss the idea of Exit until you see what they want to make of the place.

Yup there is a lot of hating on Exit only the reason for this is cause Exit sucks.. It has had its moments but right now the club is shitty. Its a club its not a house we are customers we dont have to deal with it no matter how good the music is, the place is a shithole. I hate to put money in peoples pockets that don't deserve it...

See ya at Macguyver ;)!:cool:

I used to like Exit. The venue is like no other in new york. But they are just too greedy for money and don't give a shit about the people that are going in there. Not to mention all the fights and shit all over the bathroom floors. The last 2 times I went was before they closed down for renovations and the music and the electricity went off and they still were letting people in. And the last and final time for tiesto. Hot as hell, music you could hardly hear, and a dance floor you couldn't even dance on. :blown:

they definately need to clean that place up, and all those draperized people need to move on to other suck ass clubs, like the ones in jersey especially clubs like abyss, hunka-bunka, you know what i'm talking about....... its gonna be hard making a decision on whether to see ferry, but i do have a whole month to figure it out

i went to tiesto both times he was there recently. first time it was crowded, full of sucky peeps and hot...but not horrible. and i decided i'd come back next time there was talent and i had the itch.

the second time was just about the worst club experience i've ever had. i will not go back there if they have pvd, tiesto, scot bond and richie hawtin doing a back to back 24 hour set and it was free. i can take any type of bad climate control, assholey staff and sucky crowd in moderation but it was just too much and waaaaaay too crowded.

if people start reporting that the bad crowd is out and its not so crowded anymore then i may go check out a dj i REALLY want to hear.

I agree. I went to Exit last friday, in which I haven't been to Exit in about a year, and it was horrible. Getting from the first floor to the second floor took like a half hour. THe crowd kinda sucks, and it was to damn packed. Exit used to be good when it open up years ago, but now it too overxepose. :blown:

Originally posted by rdancer

Yup there is a lot of hating on Exit only the reason for this is cause Exit sucks.. It has had its moments but right now the club is shitty. Its a club its not a house we are customers we dont have to deal with it no matter how good the music is, the place is a shithole. I hate to put money in peoples pockets that don't deserve it...

See ya at Macguyver ;)!:cool:

I've heard that MacGuyver is performing @ the 14 of March....

Codi, You're an Exit-Whore!!! :tongue:

Originally posted by doubtness

I've heard that MacGuyver is performing @ the 14 of March....

Codi, You're an Exit-Whore!!! :tongue:

MacGuyver is spinnin' on the 14th.. unfortunately I can't make it as of right now.. Exam on that Friday at 9:50am!!

FUCK!! :blown: :blown: :blown:

And I am NOT and Exit-whore!! Last time I was at Exit, you were there to: TIESTO, and it sucked that night!! I dunno why you pretend like YOU didn't go there ALL THE TIME anyways.. LOL.. cause I know you did.