My top 10 list...if you disagree, show me your list

on the more national/international front:

paul van dyk

digweed

carl cox

cass & slide

armand van helden

bad boy bill

mauro picotto (and all his psuedo-names)

fergie

doh, and scot project

along the rave front:

rob gee

delta 9

nemesis

dj rip

dj dan

knowledge

d:fuse

Both you people have some good fuckin taste. There really is tons of great Techno talent out there that still isn't mentioned such as Shufflemaster,Steve Bicknell,Francis Harris,Damon Wild, Function (:tongue: ), Tobias Schmidt, Dan Bell etc. etc. its just a shame that House and Trance seem to rule the club scene but Techno is a nice alternative but who knows, maybe someday will overtake the house/trance scene in NYC.

Originally posted by quoth

Both you people have some good fuckin taste. There really is tons of great Techno talent out there that still isn't mentioned such as Shufflemaster,Steve Bicknell,Francis Harris,Damon Wild, Function (:tongue: ), Tobias Schmidt, Dan Bell etc. etc. its just a shame that House and Trance seem to rule the club scene but Techno is a nice alternative but who knows, maybe someday will overtake the house/trance scene in NYC.

there's this up and coming DJ/Producer from Germany,

Alexander Kowalski...he has a record out on Kazleramt Records called Progress.It's a full EP.

This is some of the best tech-house,minimal techno and detroit ive ever heard in my life.

This guy uses 90% electronic elements in his tracks, but yet somehow retains funkyness and this fresh new sound. A lot of reverb, very spacial, all kinds of stuff bouncing off the walls.

Check out his tracks on AG, The Lost Chamber and The View of Changes. Sick stuff.

ka67precover.jpg

http://www.kanzleramt.com/newka/rammaker.php3?file=thelostchamber.rm

http://www.kanzleramt.com/newka/rammaker.php3?file=theviewofchanges.rm

Originally posted by mysterynyc

there's this up and coming DJ/Producer from Germany,

Alexander Kowalski...he has a record out on Kazleramt Records called Progress.It's a full EP.

My cousin just came back from a 5 week tour of Czech Republic and Germany and played a few nights at TRESOR and was telling me that this Kowalski guy is makin big waves over there. But even more interesting is that it seems that my cuz is like fuckin David Hasslehoff lol cause he is a fuckin major star over in germany and Czech Republic. Fuckin he was tellin me that there is this magazine and in the table of contents it had like Tiesto, Corsten, and a few others, but my cuz's name was at the very top of the list, which is some cool shit to look and see yer status in a country is higher than that of some international talent. But germany also loves Techno more than trance so i can see why they would do that.

Originally posted by quoth

My cousin just came back from a 5 week tour of Czech Republic and Germany and played a few nights at TRESOR and was telling me that this Kowalski guy is makin big waves over there. But even more interesting is that it seems that my cuz is like fuckin David Hasslehoff lol cause he is a fuckin major star over in germany and Czech Republic. Fuckin he was tellin me that there is this magazine and in the table of contents it had like Tiesto, Corsten, and a few others, but my cuz's name was at the very top of the list, which is some cool shit to look and see yer status in a country is higher than that of some international talent. But germany also loves Techno more than trance so i can see why they would do that.

Theres a reason for that...YOUR COUSINS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!:cool:

btw I saw him a few weeks at ago at the luke Slater party...i told him i knew you...lol

It was great seein him...we should all go out for drinks one night:)

ok..my list

Tenaglia

Howells

Roger "S~Man" Sanchez

Steve Lawler

Erick Morillo

Carl Cox

Sasha

Diggers

Deep Dish(2 guys, 1 spot)

tie between Anthony Pappa and Sander Kleinenberg

im lookin forward to hearing Lucien Foort, Hernan Cattaneo, and James Zabiela...Ive only heard GREAT things about them....

Originally posted by az-tec

Theres a reason for that...YOUR COUSINS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!:cool:

btw I saw him a few weeks at ago at the luke Slater party...i told him i knew you...lol

It was great seein him...we should all go out for drinks one night:)

haha :D :D :D

thats what i like to hear. Im very proud of him and shit and for good reason cause he is a big influence on the music aspect of my life. Yea i'll be sure to tell him whats up when i speak to him next. But in the mean time, who knows maybe look for lil cuz (me) to open up for big cuz (function) one night....i will keep you posted. ;)