Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Airport Security--anyone fly recently??

I fly out of LaGuardia on a pretty regular basis. Security is tight insofar as you have to take off your coat, take your laptop out of the bag if you have one, put your coat, computer, all carryon bags into the scanner, walk thru the metal detector. Provided it doesn't go off, you just have to take your shoes off and they search those. Then you're free to go. If you set off a metal detector, they search you with one of those detector wands. If you are planning on bringing substances, I would suggest packing them carefully in your non-carry on luggage because I have had my carry-ons searched at random numerous times - they will pull all the stuff out one by one. That happened to me at the search counter but they also do it randomly at boarding too. So just put it in your checked baggage, they x-ray that but that's all usually unless there's something suspicious in it.

I just flew out of NEWARK last week and security is still so so at best. I actually went through security and had a gillete sensor razor with three cartridges in the front zipper of my carry on and no one said anything. Now miami is no joke three check points to get into the terminal and one more before you walk into the tunnel to get in the plane.

i flew out of kennedy last weekend, and it was the same as it always has been. the only difference was there were these ladies telling you over and over that you could only bring one bag on, even though many people on the plane had 2. and no, i did not see anyone taking off their shoes. (i'd bring an extra pair of socks just incase)

Originally posted by dafunkadelic

Well, I'm looking forward to bring all the "oh he's from Holland cliches"with me to the JFK's security check points.

Answering q's like, Mister do you carry any XTC or other drugs?

Lol, oh well, we'll see.....

Are you coming to NY?? :woah::eek:

Originally posted by dafunkadelic

Yeah, Vixen,

Got it all settled and done.

I'm coming at the 26th of april. Will stay at the Lyden Garden Hotel untill the 3rd of May and after that at the Habitat Hotel till Sunday the 5th of May. Can't wait!!!!!!!!

Sweeeet! I will be there for a weekend around the 29th - you BETTER make some time for me!! :D:bounce:

Originally posted by senorfern

via Orlando? Check this out...

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TRAVEL/NEWS/03/15/rec.airport.devices.ap/index.html

:what:

holy shit that is some incredible news about airport security check.

is miami's airport security very rigorous for people coming INTO miami or people LEAVING miami? i can't imagine them having people arriving into miami walking through 3 checkpoints.. i could see this being true for people leaving as we know that miami is a hub for a lot of 'import/export' biz.

Originally posted by senorfern

via Orlando? Check this out...

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TRAVEL/NEWS/03/15/rec.airport.devices.ap/index.html

:what:

this is so ridiculous, if they had all this security b4 sept 11, it still wouldn't have stopped the hijackers. They make it sound like the guys had laser sights on their box cutters, the lack of security started way b4 these guys got to the airport.

does anyone know if u have to empty ur pockets?

if you are picked to have a rigorous check before you board your plane, then yes you will have to empty your pockets and get a pat-down. these checks are the worst, as they will empty out all your carry on luggage and hold you up for a while before you can board.

I flew to miami from LGA in early december. I wasn't carrying anything at the time but got picked for two random searches:

1. checked bags: they didn't x-ray everyone, but picked me to get mine x-rayed - u have to walk to a special area with a security person and they put your bags through....they are looking for weapons and explosives, not a small quantity of substances.

2. carryon check: again, they checked me randomly, i think cause i had lots of electronics stuff in my carryon. they take a wand with a strip of paper on it and stick it in your bag. then a computer thing analyzes the paper strip. They are searching for explosives residue and stuff. I assume that they aren't checking for pot or X this way, but who knows?

neither of these substantially delayed me getting on the plane.

If u'r bringing some substance with you, i suggest on body where a pat down won't find it or in your checked bags.

my friend just got back from Amsterdam, and all they did they to him in Newark, is what they always do to him there, which is single him out (and no one else) and ask him questions like:

"soooo, what were you doing in Amsterdam for 4 days, on vacation, hmmm, you went to Amsterdam for spring break??? that's strange."

now how the heck is that strange? lol. If someone wants to legally do something in another country, that which they can't do here, more power to them.

but other than that, not much else. He's gone through this before 9/11 and after 9/11.