Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Glow Sticks or Strings - That is the question...

love using them so what if they are "kiddie" stuff big deal ur there to have fun right well thats how i have fun i like using green blue purple in that order an hopefully those that saw me at vinyl on sat appreciated the show .oO(i hope it was good:confused: )

personally....

i think strings are kool....but they're not as personal and expressive while dancing to music than raving with sticks....

i'm not really that good at either....but i think that sticks give u a more personal feel....and they go to the music....cause i mean...if u look @ someone doing strings without music...it still looks cool....but sticks...even though they do look cool....are essentially paired with music

all in all though...i think just straight up dancing....no trick or gimmicks is the only true king of the floors

there was a guy at baktun last night who showed that sticks are not just for kids...

if wielded with skill, they can be very cool... but its generally hard to find those with skill...

Strings I object 2 strongly because of the space/danger aspect... but you occasionally see some good stringers aswell...

but theres no venues with enough space for stringers other than raves/massives...

unless you're really experienced then NEITHER.

it's hilarious to just sit on a speaker bobbing your head and have someone think you're fucked up and come and be like "YO WATCH ME BLOW YOU UP, MAN I"M GONNA BLOW YOU UP!!!"

And usually they suck ass.

i just want to reach out and smack them.

If what you're worrying about out at the club is "true respect", your priorities are fucked up. Just go out there to have fun...

However, by default, I have to say not strings. I've seen too many people get whacked in the head, and if you're in a crowded club, please at least keep the shit to yourself.

Originally posted by hitokiri24

love using them so what if they are "kiddie" stuff big deal ur there to have fun right well thats how i have fun i like using green blue purple in that order an hopefully those that saw me at vinyl on sat appreciated the show .oO(i hope it was good:confused: )

No offense, but can't you read the signs at Vinyl? "No Glowsticks". Its the best door policy of any place in NYC, they need to start enforcing it more.

Originally posted by bsb2002jr

No offense, but can't you read the signs at Vinyl? "No Glowsticks". Its the best door policy of any place in NYC, they need to start enforcing it more.

uhm... acually no i didn t but y do u think its the best policy in nyc? i wonder.....:confused::rolleyes:

Originally posted by jimk29

Glowsticks suck. You are not going to get "true respect" with either one, sticks or on strings.

Don't knock it till you try it..and you must suck if you ever did try it because you hate it so much. Who cares? You're at a club, these lights glow, and they're pretty if the are handled properly. I don't seem to understand what the heck you're doing on this message board if you can't even accept the fact that glowsticks may be a part of the variations in a club, foo'

Learn to be more open and creative and give it a second try. I don't even rave myself personally, so don't think Im defending myself.

Originally posted by trancebaby

Don't knock it till you try it..and you must suck if you ever did try it because you hate it so much. Who cares? You're at a club, these lights glow, and they're pretty if the are handled properly. I don't seem to understand what the heck you're doing on this message board if you can't even accept the fact that glowsticks may be a part of the variations in a club, foo'

Learn to be more open and creative and give it a second try. I don't even rave myself personally, so don't think Im defending myself.

try it?? I used to do it around 94 when I used to go to raves... then I realized that it was stupid around 95...

hell you re entitled to express your opinion but some of us weren't as fortunate to start back in 94 (aren t u lucky :rolleyes: ) so if ppl still do it then there must be something bout them that makes ppl wanna use them correct? and as far as gettin respect for them i really dun care if i get "respect" from liquidin with stix i got other moves to get that but i wanna just make it look good for ppl that have an appreciation for stix an for those who hasn t been around since u have in the game..... maybe later on down the road i might share ur opinion but until then i gotta stick to my gunz an say stix all the way:tongue:

all a yall are suckers, breakin is the shiznit. but seriously i dont see whats wrong with glowsticks as long as there not on strings. strings piss me off cuz people expect you to move for them. wtf i paid just as much as you not to have you take up 10 times the space. sticks are cool though.

by the way, i cant beleive someone said foo' and it wasnt me or nev. i think im in love...

NEWSFLASH: Glowsticks are played, stupid, and childish... Get a clue b/c you may think you look cool while some Xed up jack ass is able to go into a trace watching you but you look like a fool.

I have seen some great people with the strings at SF but only on Sun. afternoon.....

Originally posted by t0nythelover

all a yall are suckers, breakin is the shiznit. but seriously i dont see whats wrong with glowsticks as long as there not on strings. strings piss me off cuz people expect you to move for them. wtf i paid just as much as you not to have you take up 10 times the space. sticks are cool though.

by the way, i cant beleive someone said foo' and it wasnt me or nev. i think im in love...

Breakin' can only go so far. Personally, I think that breaking and..prog house/trance or even reg trance clashes. It definitely goes well with breaks and DnB...and perhaps even house. As for glowstix, I feel that they are a cop out for not being able to dance. IMO, glowstix are only cool if you can move along with it well. Other then that I hate em. If vinyl really does have a no glowstick sign, much props to em!

Glowsticks were cool....in England....about TEN YEARS AGO!!!!

j/k

Well personally, I enjoy getting bugged out by a good glowstick show when I'm rolling. I don't know which one gets more respect but from personal experience...I always used to use stix before I learned how to dance...they were like my support...then I learned some moves and I didn't need them anymore.

I dont respect strings too much because they take up madd space BUT....if some1 busts out orange high-intensity stixx on strings and just starts....spitting fire...I would be the first to give them a pound and give them respect cuz thats skill, "kiddie" stuff or not...

Originally posted by dolik

Glowsticks were cool....in England....about TEN YEARS AGO!!!!

j/k

Well personally, I enjoy getting bugged out by a good glowstick show when I'm rolling. I don't know which one gets more respect but from personal experience...I always used to use stix before I learned how to dance...they were like my support...then I learned some moves and I didn't need them anymore.

DC kids know how to rawk the dancefloors. 'nough said:D

everyones lookin too deep into it.... glowsticks look cool, look even cooler when ur fucked up...thats all there is to it. maybe its outdated/gimmick for bad dancers, but they look nice so whatever. adds a lot to the atmosphere of the club IMHO.

Originally posted by saboteur36

everyones lookin too deep into it.... glowsticks look cool, look even cooler when ur fucked up...thats all there is to it. maybe its outdated/gimmick for bad dancers, but they look nice so whatever. adds a lot to the atmosphere of the club IMHO.

Thank you... shiet. Enuff said. :rolleyes: