Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my friends suck!!!

about a few months ago I really started getting into the whole NYC club scene. I've been trying to go somewhere pretty much every weekend. The only problem is that my friends are totally not into the scene at all. I mean, they're all that abercrombie-frat- boy type, which admitedly I was for the logest time. They all refuse to even step foot into a club and would rather just sit around in someone's basement with a couple of 30's. It's fucking annoying...I'm thinking of just saying fuck it and just show up @ Exit tomorrow by myself.

Originally posted by bsb2002

Now going to Exit, well there might be something wrong with that.

:laugh2:

i have a similar situation. my friend's like goin to clubs, but they're not into the scene like i am. they only go like a few times a year. i can never get them to go out when i want them too. if its not there idea to go, then they usually dont come. but when they plan it, they're all about goin

heres an idea, come to a meetup, meet some of us, we are normal people just like yourself who just want to have fun, then u can always go alone and meetup with people at the club. ive been doin it for a while now.

had the same dillema a while back..so i forced my friends to start clubbing and i mean clubbing hardddd...now i got no probs...and knowing 219934234 CP-ers helps..i suggest u go to the meetup on FRI and ull never have a prob again..just dont b like me and not be able to find the meetups..

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

had the same dillema a while back..so i forced my friends to start clubbing and i mean clubbing hardddd...now i got no probs...and knowing 219934234 CP-ers helps..i suggest u go to the meetup on FRI and ull never have a prob again..just dont b like me and not be able to find the meetups..

heyyy...lets not forget about your friends who love to go out just as much as you do :(

Originally posted by zekefreak

about a few months ago I really started getting into the whole NYC club scene. I've been trying to go somewhere pretty much every weekend. The only problem is that my friends are totally not into the scene at all. I mean, they're all that abercrombie-frat- boy type, which admitedly I was for the logest time. They all refuse to even step foot into a club and would rather just sit around in someone's basement with a couple of 30's. It's fucking annoying...I'm thinking of just saying fuck it and just show up @ Exit tomorrow by myself.

OMG ur friends sound just like mine!!!! for the exception of about 3 of them the rest just want to do other things. It is annoying but I wouldnt go to a club by myself

My friends are like that too, with an exception and they don't even like to go as much as i do, but by now i've made friends in factory, so i usually just go solo and meet up with them, don't really go to exit, but am going on the 10th to see chris fortier.

LOL Thinking about going by yourself...try me who's done it more than actually going with others. I admit I'd rather have someone on the way there and on the way home to accompany me, but as for being at the club itself - going solo rocks! No one to babysit, no one clinging onto you. I love being a wanderer...it's probably one of those learned traits. I used to beg everyone to come out with me, and no one would. One day I saw the light, and never went back. The more you ask and get turned down, the worse you'll feel. Don't even bother with your friends anymore. They're your "chill buddies." Let em be. :)

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

u mean FRIEND...ur the only one thats down with everything im down with (boo..vinyl...shitfaced in long island) ...the rest of them arent as hardcore ahah

STFU u lil bitch ass the only 1 down ?!?!?!:blown: ur ass is grass when i see u :laugh:

I think we all have friends like that, i have maybe one of two friends who are down for clubs and rest of my friends hate clubs. so i end up goin to a club by myself to meet up with cp people, its mad fun to chill this you guys:cool:

I had the same issues when i first moved to ny a few years back.... eventually i would go alone meet cool people that i would repeatedly see, but finally through a series of meetups of different club/raving messageboards a met some really cool people who eventually became good friends and now i never have problems finding someone to hit a club with :D

...to think back i'm glad i decided to hit clubs alone sometimes, because otherwise i would of missed out on some of the most amazing sets...

Originally posted by scoob-e

come to a meetup, meet some of us, we are normal people just like yourself .

speak for yourself!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: ......just kidding.. IM NORMAL :tongue:

nah hes right tho.. i went to exit alone last night and i met up with bugout at 10 then legend and ronin around 11 and then we saw karch... theres always someone you know at a club.. its weird.. even if you dont plan it.. come meet us we are cool :cool:

I feel the same way as a lot of you. Ever since college ended, people have dispersed and it has been really hard to meet new people. The friends I have around here have no interest in the city, the music I like, or the club scene.

I used to beg them to go out, but I don't want to drag them to places that they won't feel comfortable. I don't really like to clubs alone because it makes me depressed, even though it allows me to get more into the music.

I will try and make it to one of the cp meet ups sometime. You all seem like nice people.:)

Originally posted by zekefreak

1. going out by oneself is totally OK (there's always E to keep you company)

2. one needs to negotiate with one's friends on a daily basis anyway -- and if they dislike the music/scene you like, you could try introducing them to it. if this doesn't work, and if they seem very rigid about it, keep them as friends but be warned: clubbing is about lifestyle and preferrences -- your little a&f doods will soon become beergut-ex-jocks, stuck in their suburban homes with their wives and kids....

i never have a prob with going out -- there are always so many fab ppl out there -- last time i went out i met an eccentric british millionaire + a us-fashion-mag editor....so it's also about what you are and what kind of energy you have got....also it's about the clubs one goes to.....

Originally posted by hotcheme

I feel the same way as a lot of you. Ever since college ended, people have dispersed and it has been really hard to meet new people. The friends I have around here have no interest in the city, the music I like, or the club scene.

I used to beg them to go out, but I don't want to drag them to places that they won't feel comfortable. I don't really like to clubs alone because it makes me depressed, even though it allows me to get more into the music.

I will try and make it to one of the cp meet ups sometime. You all seem like nice people.:)

not all CPers are nice....thak for example that iliana creature.....:rolleyes:

yeh ever since everyone split from high school its been hard to find regulars that wanna go as much as i do...i wouldn't wanna go to a club alone and i don't like dragging people along who go just to go, cos then they dont feel as comfy as u do..then u feel bad for em and u end up trying to make em feel good the whole night so that they can go clubbing the next wknd...im new here too so im in the same boat...hopefully i can catch one of these meetups