Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Toughest club to get into in the city?

#1) PANGEA, Although it's not a "club"

Serafina (on lafyette) on Wed's is tough. Aramis at the door can be a real prick. Again not a "club"

The hardest places to get into in the city are not "clubs". These places need numbers to succeed and you can get in if at the very least you go with a girl(s).

It's the smaller more posh venues that are the toughest to get into. Even they ease up after a while.

Perfect example: Lot 61. Used to be really tough, now everybody gets in.

Lotus, is gettin better too.

Another 'not really a club', but The Park is probably the hardest place to get into. If women don't outnumber men in your group, and you're not dressed spiffy, fat chance on getting in without flashing the doorman some cash. The other one is Club New York, not that anyone here would go there, but the dresscode there is suit and tie and the cover is about 75 bucks, plus I've heard the doormen can be pricks....

Originally posted by sxyaznchiq

speaking of twilo...

i remember trying to get in on a saturday night years ago (jr was spinning, i think) and i wasnt allowed in b/c i "was a girl". yes, that was the reason the bouncer gave me. sheeeesh:rolleyes:

seriously!

(it was because you were asian)

j/k

Originally posted by bionic

Serafina (on lafyette) on Wed's is tough. Aramis at the door can be a real prick. Again not a "club"

The hardest places to get into in the city are not "clubs". These places need numbers to succeed and you can get in if at the very least you go with a girl(s).

It's the smaller more posh venues that are the toughest to get into. Even they ease up after a while.

I don't think it means it's getting better because they are letting the norm in! I totally disagree. That's what made clubs so cool in the late 80's and early 90's---they wouldn't let everyone off the street in. Lotus CAN'T be getting better---especially if they're letting everyone in now! We need some fierce door people!

Pangea is VERY tough...even with girls, even when its empty. i saw a bunch of high rollers from germany pull up in a really nice limo and then cool their heels on the curb for 25 minutes. and there was NO line and no one inside. fucked up.

tough door is fine, but right now that place is just stupid.

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

I don't think it means it's getting better because they are letting the norm in! I totally disagree. That's what made clubs so cool in the late 80's and early 90's---they wouldn't let everyone off the street in. Lotus CAN'T be getting better---especially if they're letting everyone in now! We need some fierce door people!

. . .what's your address, I have a clue I'm just dying to mail you . . .

Originally posted by sxyaznchiq

speaking of twilo...

i remember trying to get in on a saturday night years ago (jr was spinning, i think) and i wasnt allowed in b/c i "was a girl". yes, that was the reason the bouncer gave me. sheeeesh:rolleyes:

I got that a few times too :blown:

I can remember when Lotus used to be a real pain in the ass. Also, Spa at times could be difficult. Club NY, c'mon. That place is mad easy to get it. There's no need to wear a suit?? Some people do, but not necessary.

I can remember Saci Fridays about a year ago when flava promotions was throwing it.....that rope was difficult. Ah!! those were the days.

I have to agree with Pangea! I've never tried to get in there but I've heard about how crazy it is to get in. I have gone to Serafina on a Wed night, it wasn't THAT hard to get into but I can see how the doorman can be a dick. I used to be into that stuff full force like 1-2 years ago, boy how has times changed. :tongue:

One day, we should do a nice night out on the town all dressed up and party like *Fashionably Fab* Rock Stars.

-Jamms "oopsieiranouttapantyhose" :tongue:

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

no ones missing out on anythign by not being let into lotus, i went once and it sucked.

Originally posted by bionic

sooo true. u have to like know sum1 to get in...but i went to serafina's last wednesday and didn't have a problem...was pretty shocked b/c i was expecting to have a problem knowing it was tough to get in...i guess the door guy liked me??? LOL anyway, i had a really good time. they have really good food there. yummmm ;)

doing some footwork on the web, i saw this list on allnightclubs.com:

The Antigone Circle

Tip: Don't bother going to these places if you don't know anyone involved with the party. Even if you have money, it doesn't guarantee admission. Getting there early with some fine women dramatically improves your chances of getting in.

Sunday............Pangaea (417 Lafayette St.) or Flow (hip hop)

Monday............Sway or Tribeca Grand Hotel Bar

Tuesday...........Abaya or The Park

Wednesday.......Pangaea, Serafina or Suite 16

Thursday..........The Park, Veruka, Suite 16 or Eugene's

Friday...............Tanda, Suite 16, Flow, or Lot 61.

Saturday...........Eugene's, Pangaea, or Flow.

Originally posted by brickhouse

Not in NYC, but the most trouble I ever had was at the Living Room in Miami. That place is a REAL bitch to get into. To this day, it's the only time I've ever had to pay off a doorman to get into a club...

Really tough place to get into. Only reason I got in there was because I knew somebody. Even with me knowing someone, it wasn't easy. I saw people being made to wait on line for over an hour to get in. Why someone would subject themselves to that to go to an "exclusive" place is beyond me. :blank:

Originally posted by barvybe

Pangea is VERY tough...even with girls, even when its empty. i saw a bunch of high rollers from germany pull up in a really nice limo and then cool their heels on the curb for 25 minutes. and there was NO line and no one inside. fucked up.

tough door is fine, but right now that place is just stupid.

Pangaea is a chill place....(Saturdays are most fun I think) just know someone that goes there often and you'll get in with no problems...