Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats wrong with hiphop today... Oh, I'll tell you...

I was just watching tv... and apparently the guards walked away from the control room and they put on "black sheep - your choice"

so i'm watching this video... and its a group of guys, all dressed in street atire, standin around rappin and theres a dj doin his thing in the background, and so on...

and i'm thinking... wow... what happened to hiphop like this???

It was so much rawer, and seemed more real than whats on today...

these guys didn't have gold chains, they didn't "rock prada", they didn't have "bitches on they side, and bitches on they lap"... It was just a group of guys, tryin to get with some chick, tryin to get by day to day, wearing their old street worn clothes, just kickin some rhymes with a dj in the background...

they were regular people... they still had the same hard time gettin that chick they wanted, they still had to deal with cops, they still had to survive...

it wasn't commercial CRAP.

what happened? where did the "Street Art" go? why is it all so fake now?

now we have "lil bow bow" rapping, because his daddy's famous...

at last check, lyrical skill isn't a genetetic trait...

No offense but..

since when is joeg an authoritty on hip-hop? :confused:

man...i have missed a lot

maybe its the fact that black people dont like white boys like you who listen to their music nowadays.

Not for nothing but...someone who has the entire line of Ralph Lauren Polo should not be commenting on some black dude whose makin seven figures wearing Prada in a rap video.

Originally posted by quoth

No offense but..

since when is joeg an authoritty on hip-hop? :confused:

man...i have missed a lot

maybe its the fact that black people dont like white boys like you who listen to their music nowadays.

Not for nothing but...someone who has the entire line of Ralph Lauren Polo should not be commenting on some black dude whose makin seven figures wearing Prada in a rap video.

Shut Your Stupid Mouth.

I think hiphop artists are still raw,,,but they have more of a twist to them now.....such as girls, clothes, etc...

Take Biggie for example when he came out he was raw but puffy gave him that marketing twist......he used to talk about feds, he had virginia on lock down...etc etc.....but it was hiphop with designer style so to speak...

Same thing with Jay-Z

Times change and ish like that sells......especially half naked women lol.....

this is y i love eminem " TOO MUCH WRISTWATCHIN' AND CRIS-POPPIN' "..thats whats wrong.....

i was raised on the Wu..Tribe..M.O.P...big..Pac..and similar ppl..they came with the "REALNESS" they knew how to make u feel what they felt..they knew how to connect to everyone.

Mobb Deep's first album spoke to every kid in the city..we all knew what they were talkin about..

Wu Tang's initial crime stories we all understood ...we knew where they were coming from...we all knew what Bus they were talkin about..where the crime side was..etc etc

Pac causin mayhem with his controversial lyrics..and more controversial actions...

Big comin outa nowhere to smack the shit out of u with his infusion of illlllllllll beats and sick rhymes

id go to sleep listening to Raekwons "Only Built..."

Black Moon broke down the true meaning of being Street..busting u in the head with imagery of cold ass NY winters and bubble jackets

This is the shit that I miss...and im leavin out masters like Rakim..Grand Puba..Brand Nubian..

so tell me now ..how im supposed to relate to jay z's fucking bentley...i sat in one once...at a dealership..thats it...how am i supposed to know how it feels to b drunk of Cris every night when a dude has to wake up every day and go to school and then work...how am i supposed to bag these model bitches...

Fuck Rap...im turnin my back like a Navy seal to his gay son

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

this is y i love eminem " TOO MUCH WRISTWATCHIN' AND CRIS-POPPIN' "..thats whats wrong.....

i was raised on the Wu..Tribe..M.O.P...big..Pac..and similar ppl..they came with the "REALNESS" they knew how to make u feel what they felt..they knew how to connect to everyone.

Mobb Deep's first album spoke to every kid in the city..we all knew what they were talkin about..

Wu Tang's initial crime stories we all understood ...we knew where they were coming from...we all knew what Bus they were talkin about..where the crime side was..etc etc

Pac causin mayhem with his controversial lyrics..and more controversial actions...

Big comin outa nowhere to smack the shit out of u with his infusion of illlllllllll beats and sick rhymes

id go to sleep listening to Raekwons "Only Built..."

Black Moon broke down the true meaning of being Street..busting u in the head with imagery of cold ass NY winters and bubble jackets

This is the shit that I miss...and im leavin out masters like Rakim..Grand Puba..Brand Nubian..

so tell me now ..how im supposed to relate to jay z's fucking bentley...i sat in one once...at a dealership..thats it...how am i supposed to know how it feels to b drunk of Cris every night when a dude has to wake up every day and go to school and then work...how am i supposed to bag these model bitches...

Fuck Rap...im turnin my back like a Navy seal to his gay son

A-FUCKING-MEN... thats EXACTLY what i'm saying...

hiphop USED to be story-telling... now its just bragging to a beat...

This is what I'm sayin about the dance club scene today. I was never big into rap but I see what you're saying, and I think the same thing has happened to clubs and dance music. I see Prada wearing boys and girls all over the place just out to show off how much money their parents give them. It used to be cool to be different when I was growing up, but now everyone looks the same to me.

As far as this guy quoth goes I agree with you joeg: shut the fuck up. Your comments are unecessary and irritating.

aahhhhhhhhh...a hip hop thread...unfortunatly the music tody isn't as refreshing as this conversation...I think what most people said is right on point...anything that sells alot will become over produced, over marketed and exploited....however there is still good hip hop out there just harder to find in this watered down industry...In the late 80's early 90's hip hop was more definable, everyone had their roles and characters, it was almost like what wrestling used to be (i.e. every wrestler with a separate distinct style and persona)...now every rapper is a thug, a pimp etc...plain and simple originlity is gone (and you know rap is gettin bad when they recycle beats that were made into rap songs already which were previously samples of origina songs) I.e. what the fucks with that new Ashanti bullshit singing over the one more chance rmx track w/ Big rapping in the back....that is just str8 trash

Originally posted by smokesum

in regards to dance scene, what ever happened to dying your hair, dressing outrageously, and all that shit

now all i see is the same clones wit FCUK cut off shirts

yeah good point ppl dun do that anymore but i dun mean seein candy kids around ppl wearin shit that ll make u stop an say damn whered they come up with that ? ya know

Originally posted by codica3

That is EXACTLY what I was wondering.. :blown:

cody, throw down some counterpoints, and speak your side...

if i'm wrong, PROVE IT.

jesus... what the hell ever happened to open debate instead of just personal attacks?

I agree with Joeg and the rest of them. Hip-hop has done nothing but go done hill. I mean some of the commercial stuff is ok sometimes just like all other music. Though now adays hip-hop is nothing special, it no longer has that "rebel" edge. It just some dudes taunting the public with there nice things and great lives that we can't have. You can't relate to it anymore.