Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can you date the "NICE guy"?

xtotaleclipsex

Recently this guy that I work with asked me out....he's really cute and all and he's really sweet, but that is what seems to be the problem. He's too nice of a guy. I hate the fact that I feel this way but the fact that he is so nice of a guy annoys the shit out of me!

As a friend he'd be great, but as for anything else I don't know. I mean I don't want an asshole by any means, but I guess there has to be some type of chalenge right? Why do we have to make things difficult for ourselves? Has anyone else felt this way or gone through this?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by xtotaleclipsex

Um I don't think my dating preference effects you being single.:tongue:

I'm sure there are plenty of girls that don't agree with me.

Yes, YOU SPECIFICALLY have made me single! :tongue:

Seriously, though -- some women will disagree with you in writing, I'm sure, but my experience has definitely been that MANY women my age (23) go for the unpredictable, more or less dismissive type.

"Nice guys finish last?" Naaah... I'm not that hard on myself... I'm happy where I'm at -- I've had some very rewarding relationships and I'm sure another will come along soon enough.

You should give the nice guy a chance -- he might surprise you. :)

Nice guys are amazing...who could ask for more???

...however, there's a difference between a nice guy, and a nice guy that is just passive and has no mind of his own....

Sometimes there is a very fine line between the two....

Me personally, I LOVE nice guys....I mean, any female has to be stupid not to....I also LOVE guys that have a mind of their own, interests of their own, friends of their own, a strong and stable personality....etc...

I mean, if the guy is going to adjust to my interests....I should just date myself, right?

I guess I should explain myself a little bit better. It's not that I don't want to date a nice guy......just not a guy that is too nice all the time.

The way I see it...I am a fairly nice person, but I know I have my bitch moments and the guy that I am talking about that asked me out is the kind of guy that would just take my shit without saying anything about it and also the kind of guy that would become whipped if you know what I am mean. And I'm not attracted to guys like this.

I'm just wondering, would you guys be attracted to a girl that is too nice....that would not get mad about anything..etc?

Originally posted by marcid21

Nice guys are amazing...who could ask for more???

...however, there's a difference between a nice guy, and a nice guy that is just passive and has no mind of his own....

Sometimes there is a very fine line between the two....

Me personally, I LOVE nice guys....I mean, any female has to be stupid not to....I also LOVE guys that have a mind of their own, interests of their own, friends of their own, a strong and stable personality....etc...

I mean, if the guy is going to adjust to my interests....I should just date myself, right?

Exactly! That is what I what I probably should have made clear was that when I was talikng about the nice guy I meant a very passive guy not simply a nice guy.

I'd still say you should give him a chance.....I consider myself a nice guy but once a girl starts to give me bitch fits then forget about it....The same could go for him....Maybe you've been real nice to him so he's just acting the same way towards you.....:)

Hi!!!! :cool:

Well I'll tell u one thing, odds of finding this 'nice guy' aren't too high at frat parties at Rutgers(aka Slutgers). I consider myself a nice guy, but I won't really take shit or sacrifice too much just to put on a nice guy show. People have feelings and they need to express them. Gluck with your search. :)

Im one of those "Too nice guys" myself. Dont feel bad everyone has their tastes. All I can say is go on a date or two, if you really find him to be "not your type" then dead it. Everyone gets rejected now and again. You never know...maybe something while set off a spark.

Im going along with what the women on here have said already...I LOVE nice guys, theres nothing better. And xtotaleclipsex I truly understand what you're saying, but how are you going to know how he truly is unless you do give him a chance...every girl deserves a nice guy, as does every guy deserves a nice girl. I want a guy thats nice, but if I'm bein bitchy and moody, I expect him to tolerate me to an extent then tell me to cut the crap:) Nice guys are hard to find, trust me I know, so if you found one, grab him before someone else does..I'm goin along with Marci, if a guy cant have his own hobbies, do his own thing, have his own life, and not get mad at me for having a life of my own, along with compromising with my some of my interests (only if he wants to try them), and showing me just why he likes some of the things he does, (along wit a nice personality) then its not really goin to work IMO. Like pretty much everyone said already, give him a chance he might surprise you;) Good Luck:D

I guess I will go out with him and just see how things go...but if things don't work out then since he is so nice that will be hard to tell him I'm not interested hehe

Eh whatever... maybe he'll surprise me...

Maybe he'll scream at me out of no where and I'll just jump on him...lol totally kidding.:mad::hump:

if things become too sweet for you, just tell him straight up to chill out. You like him for who he is, and just to cool it with the overly [sickening] sweet act. That's IF things become too nice.

seems that most girls (as pristine as they may try to come across), like to get a little bit dirty in a relationship;)

give the nice guy a chance...its only fair

what bothers me is the level of stupidity a person can achieve..ive seen soooooo many good guys n girls get dicked over left n right by these individuals that people call "risque" or "mysterious" ...its like ppl are attracted to assholes and dumb bitches...and the only thing that comes out of that is one person emotionally scars another..and then that emotionally scarred person takes it out on someone else and it keeps on going..it never ends

I remember a thread like this a while ago, and it depends on what you're looking for:

If you're just dating and playing the field, then to feel "the challenge" is applicable, and it's ok to be a little "Bad"

If you're dating AND open to a relationship, then I would think in the long run you'd want a nice guy instead of those childish games that just set people back. ( i guess u see where i stand :tongue:-)

I believe that sometimes girls have to go through "challenges" and "games" with asshole guys in order to appreciate the good guys out there.

So, in the long run, nice guys do finish last. It's just hard to see that now b/c we're all in our 20's , at the peak of the so-called "games" :blank:

But it's up 2 You what you're looking for...

Originally posted by xtotaleclipsex

I'm just wondering, would you guys be attracted to a girl that is too nice....that would not get mad about anything..etc?

first of all, this thread got me laughing for 5 mins straight now.

in short, you want someone that won´t get attached to you so easily (doesn´t get pussy whipped ;) ), who can counter your smartass comments with even more smartassness (what a word!), maybe you even like to be pushed around a little but you like to push around sometimes too, and you maybe search someone who can "protect" and doesn´t bail when he gets shit, someone to lead you instead of acting like a child looking for your guidance, stuff like that?

that my girl you won´t find in the submissive nice guy, period. stick to the alpha and get rid of the beta.

betas are funny to push around and dominate for a while, but then you get bored of them and search someone who matches you, someone who can keep up with you.

so i would probably not be ATTRACTED to the PERSONALITY of a submissive girl ("nice girl"), if the body is tight though i might consider playing with her for a while ;)

Originally posted by tastey

stick to the alpha and get rid of the beta.

The alpha/beta classification is tired. Some of us are gammas... not popular assholes, not submissive pushovers, just our own person.

The alpha/beta stereotypes do sell lots of books and magazines though.

i think this girl has the problem with herself, maybe deep inside she's this nice girl and she can"t (as the english would pronounce it) admit it. hum, maybe mabye just maybe

i dont understand what people have against nice guys and/or nice girls. you know sooner or later you want to look for one of those people to spend the rest of your life.

sweetheart if your in this expiremental stage as to find out who you are or what type of people work for you then just take it easy.

personally i know what girls work for me and sooner or later im ging to settle down with a nice girl, but know im in my youth(21 next month) and im living it up. im not to worried if i fuck up in life caz in the end its all going ot be good for me, thats caz i know myself and what i want.