Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone get nervous before you go out clubbing ?

Anytime before I go clubbing and when I get in there I feel mad sick and I'm like that for the next hour or so.... And If I take a pill I for more sick to the point that everthing in my stomach is going to come up.......

Originally posted by jgoods1

Anytime before I go clubbing and when I get in there I feel mad sick and I'm like that for the next hour or so.... And If I take a pill I for more sick to the point that everthing in my stomach is going to come up.......

that is the EXACT description of how I used to be before I clubbed a lot. I used to go maybe once every 4 months to NYC, being that I live an hour and a half away. But, now I go almost every weekend, and it's just like another night when I go.

I live 3 hours away upstate. If i'm at home on long island visiting family it's an hour and a half...

either way by the time i get near the club i'm so fucking happy to have gotten there that I just can't wait to get inside.

Add to that i walk in with an attitude of "i know everybody and i own the place", smile a lot and am courteous...

I guess i just have nothing to worry about.

What you feel is VERY common in people who do pills or other drugs when they go clubbing. ESPECIALLY when you're first getting started.

What happens is that your mind knows that you're going to be rolling soon - and thus your mind and your body begin reacting in response to this awareness. After you roll once, your body associates the idea of "doing E" with the tumultuous chemical/physical, and psychological havoc that it must undergo. So when you subconsciously are aware you're gonna be rollin face - you start experiencing the psychosymatic stress.

Some people never have had a problem with this - lucky bastards.

I've heard some people losing these nerves after getting into a regular clubbing pattern (every weekend...etc). But I've also hear (and experienced) that the more frequently you roll, the more taxing it is on the body, and the more nerves I get. My body is like "PLEASE...not AGAIN SO SOON! I haven't had time to regroup!"

So---could go either way I guess. It's largely psychological. Some people who don't give a shit or are unaware of how E works, don't get the nerves.

Alright...there's my input! You're not alone!!!! Good luck!! - Zoe :)

I was mildy nervous the first month or 2 I started going out... but once it went from once a week, to every night for 3 or 4 months... i feel at home in clubs/lounges/whatever....

hell i was walking around nyc tonight, and I just remember feeling like "hmm... i really feel like i can live here..." i didn't used to feel that way....

Originally posted by joeg

hell i was walking around nyc tonight, and I just remember feeling like "hmm... i really feel like i can live here..." i didn't used to feel that way....

I said the EXACT same thing to sabina yesterday when we were in the city.

Originally posted by roninmess

I said the EXACT same thing to sabina yesterday when we were in the city.

i've ALWAYS felt that way, idk why, even when i was 8 years old, i'd point out all the townhouses and apt. buildings that i wanted to live in to my dad. there's so much to love about the city, i won't even begin...

Originally posted by zoe1bird3

But I've also hear (and experienced) that the more frequently you roll, the more taxing it is on the body, and the more nerves I get. My body is like "PLEASE...not AGAIN SO SOON! I haven't had time to regroup!"

E X actly what i woulda said... i always get nerves before clubbing, now even if i'm not expecting to roll coz my body is like .. yeah right fool..i know that crap is going in me again, who are you kidding... but really. I was really bad for a while, i.e. clubbing 2 or 3 times a week and dropping 2 or 3 pills each night. it was like that for a couple of months... and yet my body never got used to it... granted i'd never get cracked out the next day... but it's really your psyche being a combo of amped up and nervous... coz u neve rknow what ur gonna get, u know what i mean?... plus i dunno if u try sneaking it into the club or jus takin it outside but i fu do try bringing it in.. that's alot of subconscious mayhem going on in your mind... and it's sending mixed signals to your body... but yeah.. my 2 cents

I used to get an anxious feeling (not a sick feeling) b4 going into the club... but it had nothing to do with pills or rolling cuz I didn't do that for a long ass time. I think it was cuz I enjoyed it so much, but only got to do it every 2 or 3 months... possibly had something to do with intimidation goin to a big ass club in nyc being from a small town, dunno. After goin crazy and clubbing a coupla times a week all summer... that feeling is long gone, kinda miss it actually... it seemed like goin to a club was something special back then. Wish I could feel that way again about it, but I don't think I'm willing to take a coupla months off... ;)

Originally posted by zoe1bird3

What you feel is VERY common in people who do pills or other drugs when they go clubbing. ESPECIALLY when you're first getting started.

What happens is that your mind knows that you're going to be rolling soon - and thus your mind and your body begin reacting in response to this awareness. After you roll once, your body associates the idea of "doing E" with the tumultuous chemical/physical, and psychological havoc that it must undergo. - Zoe :)

that's not the only and probably not the main reason. a lot of people who never roll get nervous also. i think it primarily depends on what one expects to find inside of the club. social pressure.

but then again, i never get nervous, so what do i know. :)

i get this feeling sometimes too. it changes depending on the night, but a lot of times it is total lack or excitement or motivation to go out. once i am there i have had some amazing nights but it is weird that mentally i don't get excited for something that makes me so happy.

maybe it is similar to that thing someone mentioned about your body fearing e, but my body is fearing the shock in my sleeping pattern. i don't know. i go out every weekend+ and this still happens rather frequently.

Originally posted by roninmess

that is the EXACT description of how I used to be before I clubbed a lot. I used to go maybe once every 4 months to NYC, being that I live an hour and a half away. But, now I go almost every weekend, and it's just like another night when I go.

I agree, back in the day, that is how I used to be too (pills or no pills, but prob. more related with pill times)...

once u start going regulalrly it's all the same, and u're just excited to go out, and the nervousness goes away...

In the meantime maybe u should puff a lil before u go out to chill u out...:smoke: