Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit Review 8/17/02

I must say im completely surprised last night was actually really really good... the music was awesome and Drapers programming (Oxy Moron?) was actually pretty on point (read: no major trainwrecks). I ended up getting there real early and for once i didnt get molested by the security, I must be losing my sex appeal. Then we made out way upstairs to the white room so Bigart could whore around with his DJ friends. Im also astounded at the fact that Arty got Steve (Doubtness) into the white room after lots and lots of debating with the door guy... the reason for this is, is that Steve (Doubtness) is Asian and thats a big no no... the guy said something about dresscode which I non-chalantly replied with, "yes he forgot his round eyes and fair complexion at home." I swear there was a tear in little Steve's eye when he looked upon the whiteroom lol... Anyway the music was good, the girls were okay (not roxy material) and the girl to guy ratio was like 2:3 so it wasnt terrible. It wasnt to bad of a night and im completely surprised since Exit has been heading down hill since last year.

Originally posted by quoth

Let the Exit hating begin :tongue:

But seriously im always the first one to startup with the exit hating but i must say last night really changed how i feel a little bit... like i still nailed my brother in the arm for chanting Draper one time but im starting to believe these exit lovers have something to what they are saying...

Originally posted by trancerxn112

Im also astounded at the fact that Arty got Steve (Doubtness) into the white room after lots and lots of debating with the door guy... the reason for this is, is that Steve (Doubtness) is Asian and thats a big no no... the guy said something about dresscode which I non-chalantly replied with, "yes he forgot his round eyes and fair complexion at home."

I'm Filipino/Thai, I didn't have a problem getting in there. If someone ever me shit for that I'd start some shit.

As for Exit glad you had a good time but I don't think that place will ever be my scene.

But seriously im always the first one to startup with the exit hating but i must say last night really changed how i feel a little bit... like i still nailed my brother in the arm for chanting Draper one time but im starting to believe these exit lovers have something to what they are saying...

eh...a lot of people like myself have outgrown the whole Exit thing..last time i went and last time i ever will go was on my birthday when i ran into you and some others. Im glad u had a good time and all but lookin at the place as a whole...you cant judge one good night based upon their history as EXIT ya know.

i'll stop right there before the hating from others turns it into 3 pages....im not exactly hating..im pretty much neutral in the sense that..

"Don't know Don't care"

But hey..if peeps can still manage to find a good time their? more power to them seriously.

yeah, Exit is the place that everyone loves to hate. I've made my fair share of complaints about the place but I have to say that I think they have heard a lot of what people have to say, and are really trying to make an effort. I really didn't find the whole Roxy thing too appealing last night even with no cover. DT was out of town....so Exit it was. First thing: Security...they've done a total 180 from what they were like a few months ago. Walked in, got searched, but not raped. As he waves me on, "Thanks, have a good night." what the fuck...did I really hear that at Exit? yup, I did. My encounters with security the rest of the night were all friendly. I was totally ripping on one of em for like 20 minutes straight, and the guy was just joking back, no attitude. so as far as Security goes, I think they're definitly working on it. second thing: Crowd last night. again, I have no problem with the whole asian side of the club whatsoever, but a lot of people do. There seemed to be a LOT less last night. Why, I have no idea but there were definitly less.

A lot of people aren't too fond of the crowd that partys there every Friday. hey, play the whole elitist clubber attitude all you want. But everyone single person I met last night was just rediculously nice. Just there to have fun, can't recall a situation where assholes were trying to start something. the vibe was definitly cool last night. which leads me to my third point.

Draper: hey, hate him all you want. I would be lying if I said I was a fan...but last night he tore it up. toward the end of the night he dropped that song, The Curse, off of Christopher Lawrences Around the World CD. wasn't expecting to hear a joint like that. i mean, he defintly had his cheesy moments, but no worse than what went on at Roxy last night I'm sure.

this is getting long so I'm gonna cut myself off here. But I think that people are gonna be surprised next time Exit gives another good reason to go back i.e. International DJ's.

some tracks I remember from last night:

Pressure, blow the speakers, safe from harm, follow me, blinded by the light...(countless other Exit cheese anthems), hands up (scot Project remix), lethal industry, The Curse (C. Lawrence), and these last two i could be wrong about but am pretty sure I heard...System F - NeedleJuice and Out of The blue...that can't be right can it?

Your brother chanted DRAPER?! I sure as hell HOPE he was doing in fun (as in making fun) of the whole thing.. OMG.. you guys have been brainwashed.. :eek: :eek:

wow, almost forgot to thank my partner in crime last night, lilfootzz81 for an awesome night. had a ton of fun. Probably the only other person on Earth who likes Willow as much as me. Like I told you a million times last night, you look like Rosanna Arquette so much it's scary. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the city soon.

Originally posted by zeeker

i don't know why you insist on playing it off like Exit isn't your favorite place to be on a Friday night. :tongue:

Maybe because it's NOT. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: My favorite place to be on Friday nite is out locally with my friends drinking to recover from the best party of the week: Centro Fly Thursdays. :tongue:

I had a great time @ Exit last night too... I normally hate that place and the smell of it gets me so damn sick ( no words can describe that of EXIT FUNK ). Draper dropped some sick beatz last night, everyone went wild for Yakoozas-Cocaine Speaking, A lil Mauro Picotto, Pressure, and countless inserts of Rhythym Ready. Draper also dropped the Crowd Song (I felt as if I was in the ROXY), but the crowd still loved it.. My fave had to have been a track it went Im your Dj, welcome to the "Tunnel", I thought maybe he was playing someone elses set :laugh:. I have to admit the crowd last night was slamming, lots of people and the energy there was intense, which can only mean "more more more drugs". Highlight had to have been my brother TranceRxn112 cracking some fire sticks, and Bigart snatching some Asian kids Ravens a fierce circle errupted around these two, I felt like it was old times ;). Eyra Gail performed her tracks Heaven and some other track ( this girl is such a latin hottie :eek: ). Jana also performed Stairway to Heaven, more than life, and some other track a follow up to her more than life track (this girl is such a Native American Hottie :eek: ). In conclusion I think Exit has some potential, but they need to fix their air conditioning. :D

Originally posted by mikeydny

Why are people talking about Exit like last night was its grand opening, and it has "potential", what does that mean. Did Draper play Luz and Madonna last night also.

Cause it was good, we don't need any other reason... :D:idea:

Originally posted by mikeydny

Why are people talking about Exit like last night was its grand opening, and it has "potential", what does that mean. Did Draper play Luz and Madonna last night also.

haha, he actually did play Like a Prayer....and I we're referring to the fact that they're trying to do shit better in that place. It's obvious that they're making an effort now.

DAmn..... looks like it was a great night. I wish I would of been there to hear Draper drop "Blow the Speakers". I know the song is old and played, but nothing beats hearing it at Exit. It's like the All-Time Exit Anthem. Cause of this review.. i'll probably go check it out again in the near future.

Originally posted by zeeker

wow, almost forgot to thank my partner in crime last night, lilfootzz81 for an awesome night. had a ton of fun. Probably the only other person on Earth who likes Willow as much as me. Like I told you a million times last night, you look like Rosanna Arquette so much it's scary. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the city soon.

awweee thanx :D :D :D

i had a great time too... i DO like willow, and im actually watchin Legend right now.... and it was PATRICIA arquette lol not ROSANNA :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ill definately see ya round the city soon ;)

I went too and noticed a difference from the last couple times i was there. Ive only been there a couple times before and my friend dragged me out, and i ended up having a blast. They even let me spin in the red room for a tight minute, which is where i ended up chilling most of the night...draper was decent but not great..but i met a lot of cool people and had a few dance battles all in all id say it was a much better experince than the last time I went. Might even want to go back (to spin at least)

Originally posted by lilfootzz81

awweee thanx :D :D :D

i had a great time too... i DO like willow, and im actually watchin Legend right now.... and it was PATRICIA arquette lol not ROSANNA :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ill definately see ya round the city soon ;)

nope wrong, the girl from The Whole Nine Yards is Rosanna Arquette. http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?id=1800353480&d=hv&cf=info don't feel too dumb:tongue:

attachment.php?postid=987376