Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nails

luvle02

I've been getting my nails done since high school so i've gone through it all. I used to have really long nails that i'd get air brushed or paint crazy colors until I heard it described as "ghetto" on some talk show and that was that. Now they're "active length" and I can't even imagine getting a design on them.

mine are short and manicured.

i used to have tips but it got expensive. i didn't want to spend $30 on my nails every week. after i had the tips removed, my nails wouldnt grow for a year and 1/2. i only started getting whites a few months ago. never again will i have fake nails.

and i hate when girls have these acrylics or tips that are so obviously fake. looks cheap and tasteless.

...no acrylics...no wraps......i use LCN....light concept nails.....probably the best thing on the market.....all natural .....it was discovered by a dentist....it's tooth bonder or some shit lol.....some people will compare it to 'gel nails'....but it is 10x better.............they are the permanent french look....u can use different colors and sealant to add a tint to your french....they do not yellow...they don't get funky in water or chemicals....they are a hairdressers dream! lol.......however they are expensive((i do them myself so i get them free;) ))........

as for length....mine are kinda long....not curving under or anything but on the longer side....what can i say....i'm a jersey girl;) :D

Originally posted by misk

...no acrylics...no wraps......i use LCN....light concept nails.....probably the best thing on the market.....all natural .....it was discovered by a dentist....it's tooth bonder or some shit lol.....some people will compare it to 'gel nails'....but it is 10x better.............they are the permanent french look....u can use different colors and sealant to add a tint to your french....they do not yellow...they don't get funky in water or chemicals....they are a hairdressers dream! lol.......however they are expensive((i do them myself so i get them free;) ))........

as for length....mine are kinda long....not curving under or anything but on the longer side....what can i say....i'm a jersey girl;) :D

what's the upkeep on these? and how much do they cost?

Originally posted by bkissa

what's the upkeep on these? and how much do they cost?

yeah this sounds like something i would get done... i don't like acrylics or wraps and have never had them done but i'm so sick of my nails always breaking i want to try something like that... are there special salons that do them?

Originally posted by mssabina

yeah this sounds like something i would get done... i don't like acrylics or wraps and have never had them done but i'm so sick of my nails always breaking i want to try something like that... are there special salons that do them?

....u won't find them everywhere like acrylics....and make sure it is LCN...not some knock-off..............also .....not every salon that offers the product has techs who do it well......the prices ....at my salon are .........$120 for the initial set........$40 reg maint....and$50 when the whites are done...........average people go every 3-4 weeks.....and every other time the whites get redone........obviously there are slight variations for different people.......but that is a ballpark price range i would say......and there is also an oil that u have to apply every day to the cuticle and nail so it won't dry out...........

Originally posted by luvle02

Can they polish them?

....yep.....u can polish and then if u get sick of it.....acetone....they will not discolor....and acetone simply shines them up!!!.......also...if u like color....u can polish and have them 'seal' in the polish with the finishing step...so no chipping!!!! they also have their own line of polishes.......

Originally posted by misk

....u won't find them everywhere like acrylics....and make sure it is LCN...not some knock-off..............also .....not every salon that offers the product has techs who do it well......the prices ....at my salon are .........$120 for the initial set........$40 reg maint....and$50 when the whites are done...........average people go every 3-4 weeks.....and every other time the whites get redone........obviously there are slight variations for different people.......but that is a ballpark price range i would say......and there is also an oil that u have to apply every day to the cuticle and nail so it won't dry out...........

daaaaamn thats expensive.... i think i'd get that done tho... how does it affect your real nails? i know the adhesive or whatever in acrylics really ruin the strength of your nails... what about LCN?

btw, what salon do you work at?

I have permanent french tiips..they a little long now, hhave to cut them down this week..I actually don't reallylike fake nails, but I always had them since 9th grade, and actually took them off for a while, but my real nails r so weak, and I bartend, so ppl see my hands, so I feel the need to have em on still...but they look real.......

• 3 weeks later...