Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Feelings on smoking ban in bars/clubs as of Nov.19th!!!

Originally posted by sxyaznchiq

what kind of precuations do smokers take in minimizing public risk when they light up?

The precautions that smokers take is SMOKING IN DESIGNATED AREAS THAT ARE FOR SMOKERS ONLY!

To take away bars and clubs and OUTSIDE is plain discrimination.

-iliana

;)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tastyt

You're confusing the situation by confronting her with facts... :rolleyes:

Iliana, while you may be the resident drama queen, logical debate is obviously not your forte...

Tastyt

Perhaps YOU have become a bit confused. I would like to see what wonderful logic you can entertain us with...

-iliana

;)

Originally posted by iliana

Tastyt

Perhaps YOU have become a bit confused. I would like to see what wonderful logic you can entertain us with...

-iliana

;)

As previously stated, I don't have a strong opinion on this smoking law, and as such feel no need to engage in the debate. I do, however, enjoy reading what others have to say on the matter, and this enjoyment has been hindered by your blatant misunderstanding of what other posters have written, as well as your warping of the facts. In conclusion, I'd like to state- San Dimas high school football rules!

iliana - many new studies out show that bartenders who do not smoke but work in bars that allow smoking have 3 times better (or worse?) chance of getting lung cancer than the average non smoker.

this is discrimation? its equivalent to saying - sorry, you can't carry red # 5 around with you in an spray cannister and spray it in people's faces every half hour.

oh, and those designated areas are ON THE SIDEWALK where there is ventilation.

i like a ciggy as much as the next person, but give it up. most bars when even approaching capacity are full of smoke.

The precautions that smokers take is SMOKING IN DESIGNATED AREAS THAT ARE FOR SMOKERS ONLY!

To take away bars and clubs and OUTSIDE is plain discrimination.

yeah OK.:rolleyes: I'm sure you're one of those "considerate types"...

Love those designated smoking areas in all those bars and lounges. Even in restaurants with those areas, the staff doesn't want to work there.

And no one is taking away OUTSIDE from you, unless they start banning you from parks and making you stay 50 feet away from building entrances like in some cities:D

Originally posted by brooklynkid

How was I being melodramatic? I was merely pointing out why a lot of people (even some smokers) don't like being in a smokey bar. I think you're bringing the drama with the immature name calling...

Pointing out that someone is melodramatic in their description of bars that have smoking patrons is IMMATURE? Don't be so sesitive. It was an observation that reinforced your role is "devil's advocate"

My point is that I would be the one doing all those things. However, if someone enjoyed driving like a lunatic, and HIT ME when I DIDN'T ASK to be hit, then that driver is responsible. Should we allow people to drive on the sidewalk just because "they feel like it"? Why am I not allowed to drive through a residential neighborhood with loud music? Because it's an annoyance! Should we just tell the residents "if you don't like it, go live in another town"?

See, I knew that deep down inside you UNDERSTOOD ME.

NO ONE PUT A GUN TO THE NON-SMOKER'S HEAD AND TOLD THEM TO WALK INTO THE BAR WHERE SMOKING IS PERMITTED. :)

I take it you never debated anything seriously with anyone in your life. "GFY" pretty much means "I can't think of anything else to say so I'm going to stomp my feet and give up". Now surely adults knew what they were walking into when they took the bartending job, but now people are beginning to get fed up with the ill effects of working in that environment (just like flight attendants did in the 80s) and the politicians, in this ever-increasingly PC world, are beginning to listen. This is not even mentioning many people who are forced to now tend bar and wait tables in this shit economy...

Actually, along with smoking I like saying "go fuck yourself". You think we should ban obscenities in order to make debates on clubplanet much more serious? ( I think you should write bloomberg on this one!)

Will the nudity cause health problems somewhere down the line? If so, then you might have a case.

And if in the near future they find that it does cause health hazards, people should have the right to enjoy their strip clubs and keep them open.

-iliana

;)

As previously stated, I don't have a strong opinion on this smoking law, and as such feel no need to engage in the debate. I do, however, enjoy reading what others have to say on the matter, and this enjoyment has been hindered by your blatant misunderstanding of what other posters have written, as well as your warping of the facts. In conclusion, I'd like to state- San Dimas high school football rules!

Oh please do tell how you came to the conclusion that i have a " misunderstanding of what other posters have written" or I was "warping facts" when i'm simply stating a smoker's side??

-iliana

;)

yeah OK.:rolleyes: I'm sure you're one of those "considerate

types"...

No, I'm not considerate at heart but i have to be in public places because it is the law. So i only smoke in designated areas.

Love those designated smoking areas in all those bars and lounges. Even in restaurants with those areas, the staff doesn't want to work there.

That's fine. I think Wendy's is hiring. No smoking is permitted there.

And no one is taking away OUTSIDE from you, unless they start banning you from parks and making you stay 50 feet away from building entrances like in some cities:D

Exactly!

:biggrin:

-iliana

;)

Oh please do tell how you came to the conclusion that i have a " misunderstanding of what other posters have written" or I was "warping facts" when i'm simply stating a smoker's side??

-iliana

;)

B/C even after repeated explanations you don't understand what everyone is so clearly saying... and you're not simply stating a "smoker's side;" there are smokers on this thread who are arguing the merits of the new law.

Just as you are arguing the benefits of being able to smoke where you want, I am arguing the benefits of reading a debate amongst people who know what they are talking about. In the end, they're both moot points because it doesn't look like either one of us will win our case. :D

Pointing out that someone is melodramatic in their description of bars that have smoking patrons is IMMATURE? Don't be so sesitive. It was an observation that reinforced your role is "devil's advocate"

Are you comprehending anything that I have been saying? Or are you just skimming for small words? I said the NAME CALLING (i.e. stupid, schmuck, etc) was immature.

See, I knew that deep down inside you UNDERSTOOD ME.

NO ONE PUT A GUN TO THE NON-SMOKER'S HEAD AND TOLD THEM TO WALK INTO THE BAR WHERE SMOKING IS PERMITTED. :)

No, I don't understand you at all. But I think, more importantly, you don't even understand yourself.

And no one gave the smoker a license which allows them to impose on others with a selfish vice.:D

Actually, along with smoking I like saying "go fuck yourself". You think we should ban obscenities in order to make debates on clubplanet much more serious? ( I think you should write bloomberg on this one!)

no, but people who have nothing intelligent to say and only post messages to see their own name on the screen should be banned, or at least ignored.

And if in the near future they find that it does cause health hazards, people should have the right to enjoy their strip clubs and keep them open.

Thank God people like you aren't running this country. Oh wait, nevermind...we've got W:worry2:

B/C even after repeated explanations you don't understand what everyone is so clearly saying... and you're not simply stating a "smoker's side;" there are smokers on this thread who are arguing the merits of the new law.

Just as you are arguing the benefits of being able to smoke where you want, I am arguing the benefits of reading a debate amongst people who know what they are talking about. In the end, they're both moot points because it doesn't look like either one of us will win our case. :D

The smokers who are arguing the merit of the new law feel that way for different reasons (they want to quit or they don't want to smoke as much) as opposed to me or people like me who enjoy lighting up in a bar.

It seems that you're unfounded assumtions of me not "UNDERSTANDING" this thread may come from the fact that you don't like what I'm saying.

SO with that i say: GO FUCK YOURSELF!

LOLLLOL

:laugh:

-iliana

;)

Well I'd like to say that I am not a smoker at all, but I think the no smoking law in bars/clubs is retarded. I mean we all know smoking and drinking goes hand in hand. I also feel that the the staff who works in the bars/clubs know what theyre getting themselves into.

Do I like smoke? no I hate it actually cuz it hurts my throat, makes it harder to breathe, etc... but I know that by going to a club/bar its normal for people to smoke there. Now one thing I don't like is smoking in restaurants cuz even though they usually have a non smoking and smoking section... smoke still fills up the non smoking place.

Are you comprehending anything that I have been saying? Or are you just skimming for small words? I said the NAME CALLING (i.e. stupid, schmuck, etc) was immature.

No, I don't understand you at all. But I think, more importantly, you don't even understand yourself.

And no one gave the smoker a license which allows them to impose on others with a selfish vice.:D

no, but people who have nothing intelligent to say and only post messages to see their own name on the screen should be banned, or at least ignored.

Now, now. We shouldn't pass judgement on people with VICES. I'm sure you must have some of your own.

It's your opinion if you feel I have nothing INTELLIGENT to say (Or, um, don't understand myself??!?!?!).

If so, I wonder why you even respond to my threads and get so heated up over this?

hmmm???

-iliana

:D

Originally posted by foxyroxy20

Well I'd like to say that I am not a smoker at all, but I think the no smoking law in bars/clubs is retarded. I mean we all know smoking and drinking goes hand in hand. I also feel that the the staff who works in the bars/clubs know what theyre getting themselves into.

OK, but should we just throw our hands in the air and accept that as "the way it has to be"? I bet the concept of a traffic light sounded retarded 90 years ago, but people got used to it. Smoking and drinking may go hand in hand, but not for 4 out of 5 people.

Can we all agree on what we know is true?:

1. smoking and drinking go hand in hand - but not for everyone!

2. adults employees know what they are getting into

3. the needs of the community come before the desires of the individual

Did I miss anything?

. . Some things I've been able to cull from this convo . . .

1. Smoking should be allowed everywhere, even in the neo natal ward of hospitals
  2. Driving on the Sidewalk in Mid and Downtown should be allowed at high speed
  3. We need another tunnel connecting Jersey with Manhattan like I need a superfluous ballsack
  4. Smoking really is that cool
  5. Smoking Rules!
  6. I Rule!
  7. Freeballin is only for Fridaaaayzzz! Yeeaaah Boyee!
  8. Ninjas are totally Sweet!
  9. I Rule! ( I had to say it again)
  10. I like small Fluffy dogs!
  11. Masturbating at work is fun
  12. Not in front of co-workers though . . tsk tsk! . .
  13. If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound?
  14. I think having a squirell for a housepet would be theraputic
  15. I'm legally Insane!
  16. What?
  17. I dunno
    [/list=1]

Originally posted by phuturephunk

Smoking should be allowed everywhere, even in the neo natal ward of hospitals
Driving on the Sidewalk in Mid and Downtown should be allowed at high speed
We need another tunnel connecting Jersey with Manhattan like I need a superfluous ballsack
Smoking really is that cool
Smoking Rules!
I Rule!
Freeballin is only for Fridaaaayzzz! Yeeaaah Boyee!
Ninjas are totally Sweet!
I Rule! ( I had to say it again)
I like small Fluffy dogs!
Masturbating at work is fun
Not in front of co-workers though . . tsk tsk! . .
If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound?
I think having a squirell for a housepet would be theraputic
I'm legally Insane!
What?
I dunno
[/list=1]

LOL

-iliana

Driving on the Sidewalk in Mid and Downtown should be allowed at high speed
[/list=1]

Oooh, that sounds fun; do you think I'd be allowed to mow down a few tourists even though I don't have a license??? :confused:

Originally posted by sxyaznchiq

we're not passing judgement on those with vices. just dont impose your vice on the rest of us

WHy don't you relay that message to your asian friends at exit when they're all strung out on e, on the floor, and I have to trip over them to get from point A to B??

????

-iliana

Now, now. We shouldn't pass judgement on people with VICES. I'm sure you must have some of your own.

I used to have one or two, but now I'm pretty much perfect. And if you READ what I had typed, I only passed judgement on selfish people.

It's your opinion if you feel I have nothing INTELLIGENT to say (Or, um, don't understand myself??!?!?!).

Is it really just my opinion? Not so sure about that...

If so, I wonder why you even respond to my threads and get so heated up over this?

I had nothing better to do. But now you have bored me. Unless you have something contructive to add to this debate.:blank:

MIKEY!!: glad to see you joining in!:D

WHy don't you relay that message to your asian friends at exit when they're all strung out on e, on the floor, and I have to trip over them to get from point A to B??

i guess you have no valid point, since you have to resort to racist remarks :rolleyes:

. . Oh I almost forgot one . .

My office buddy likes listening to La Bouche and has no idea why I would burst out laughing at that fact . . . You guys gotta see his 'you're reaction is beyond me' facial expression . . classic!
[/list=1] :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: they should make that illegal... no one should be subjected to that shit.

whenever i hear the yelping of cheryl crow from the other side of the room i laugh. i swear this chick here only has one cd and it is cheryl crow.