Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jonathan Peters?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

For the people that Love JP I 've heard that Oxygen Lounge is working around the clock to bring JP to Miami once again.

Stay tuned for more info ...

This Friday, January 31st DJ Edgar V will be spinning at Oxygen Lounge

See you all at the lounge

Mega

:dj::party:

The first 2 years I went to the conference I went to go hear JP, this was in 2000 & 2001 & he was good those times , last year I opted for DT's party & stayed at Space the whole morning , maybe it was because I was so disappointed with JP at the "unclassics" night a few weeks before at Factory, this year I'm still debating

JP did Living Room Downtown last year and Fuel (same club) the year before. I hooked them up with LR last year and I know they are looking for a place for this year because they called me about it. I wasn't able to help out this year, but I am sure they will find a spot. LR was a small club but they packed it.

When JP did the opening of Level, it was absolutely horrible.....The worst music I have ever heard.... Apparently it was Level's fault for not having the sound set up or something.

BUT, if he comes to conference this year, I do plan to check him out.... damn that'd be awesome if he gets to spin at Maze...

As long as he's not the same nite as MP, then I'm all for it.

You cannot compare J Peters to Tiesto or anyother Europian DJs, just because they play different kind of music. JP plays progressive house, others play Trance. JP is the best in progressive house.

New York knows House music, the rest of America doesn't.

Originally posted by ashukhman

You cannot compare J Peters to Tiesto or anyother Europian DJs, just because they play different kind of music. JP plays progressive house, others play Trance. JP is the best in progressive house.

New York knows House music, the rest of America doesn't.

Jesus - I hate it when ppl group European DJs as all "trance". Really shows you how much you know about what they spin.

And I've heard JP spin plenty of trance...

Howells, Anthony Pappa(Australian-not sure if you lumped in there with the Europeans), Diggers, and even Sasha to an extent spin progressive..some more than others. And those are just the big names.

Oh, BTW, since you seem to know so much about "house" music - let me ask you this. Where did house music originate from?

yea basically i signed up for this board only bc i read all ur ims n responses n i think its great u got ur own opinion on dj's n all but dont be dissing n hating on others k....bc unlike u all i live in brooklyn nY n i go to SOUNDFACTORY every saturday for the past 3 years ...unlike u all i hear him at his good times n his bad like every dj n i love the way he dj's his vocals r hot as well as everything else...i do also like DT at times..i dunt like him in vinly for the simple fact that the crowd freaks me out! i dunno about u all but thats MY OPinion!...dont knock JP bc u havent heard him at his best! n he isnt known from anywhere else but NEW YORK!...he dunt care about anywhere else! u wanna see the real JP f*ck miami n get ur booties to NEW YORK CITY n hear him n u'll see what all "US" nyorkers Rave about n talk so highly of him...dont be haters people! if u heard him once n it was at wmc in the past u have no Right to say he plays like shit come to his HOUSE n here him play okie?

"SuNdAy FunDAy only at THE KrAcToRy!"

Originally posted by sexsisafi

yea basically i signed up for this board only bc i read all ur ims n responses n i think its great u got ur own opinion on dj's n all but dont be dissing n hating on others k....bc unlike u all i live in brooklyn nY n i go to SOUNDFACTORY every saturday for the past 3 years ...unlike u all i hear him at his good times n his bad like every dj n i love the way he dj's his vocals r hot as well as everything else...i do also like DT at times..i dunt like him in vinly for the simple fact that the crowd freaks me out! i dunno about u all but thats MY OPinion!...dont knock JP bc u havent heard him at his best! n he isnt known from anywhere else but NEW YORK!...he dunt care about anywhere else! u wanna see the real JP f*ck miami n get ur booties to NEW YORK CITY n hear him n u'll see what all "US" nyorkers Rave about n talk so highly of him...dont be haters people! if u heard him once n it was at wmc in the past u have no Right to say he plays like shit come to his HOUSE n here him play okie?

"SuNdAy FunDAy only at THE KrAcToRy!"

Christ, it took me an hour just to read what the hell you were talking about. Shorthand's good for court documents and not much else.

Not all of us have the resources or the time to jet up to New York on a whim. I don't expect the famed Jonathan Peters to be a globetrotting DJ. What I don't like is the fact that he's supposedly playing a party for "his New York crew"...any DJ or musician worth the title wants to get his art out there, and for people to hear what he or she is all about. Now I doubt that Andrew Thomas is correct, I'm sure Peters, a DJ Danny Tenaglia speaks highly of, is more than willing to have a diverse crowd. Miami isn't all just a bunch of closeminded GQ models and Maxim covergirls...there's quite the number of people who want to give as many DJs as possible a try during conference, including JP. I understand a DJ plays better to "his crowd", but at the same time I'd hope for a good time in front of a new crowd. If all's JP does is play for New Yorkers, he's no better than a bedroom DJ really.

i think to truly understand why jp would do that... u would have to be a regular. He has a very loyal crowd and u have to understand the type of place he spins at which maybe why he isn't too global, he really doesn't even need to be unless he has some dying internal desire (which he should)

But i could totally understand why he would want to set up a lil thing for his new york ppl.. sf is a family and i think it would be awesome, like a lil get together for all of us to meet up down there. i like the idea i'll get to see all my ppl in miami, it'll be like tropical sf, lol

Originally posted by nikkinix

i think to truly understand why jp would do that... u would have to be a regular. He has a very loyal crowd and u have to understand the type of place he spins at which maybe why he isn't too global, he really doesn't even need to be unless he has some dying internal desire (which he should)

But i could totally understand why he would want to set up a lil thing for his new york ppl.. sf is a family and i think it would be awesome, like a lil get together for all of us to meet up down there. i like the idea i'll get to see all my ppl in miami, it'll be like tropical sf, lol

His set at the Living Room last year was perfect. Small and intimate! All familiar faces having a great time. My best time in Miami by far.

Originally posted by nikkinix

Yeah, but if thats the ONLY party he's gonna play then I agree with Pod - he's really not much better than a bedroom DJ.

I think a real test of how good a DJ is, comes when that DJ plays for a completely new crowd and wins them over...I remember the one time I saw him outside SF (Nation in DC), he was not that great and the crowd was not into him at all. Of course, Deep Dish was playing in the other room...:D

i totally agree w/ u, i don't know why he would actually go down there if he's just gonna play that lil thing...

but if u think about it, he's a resident dj at probably the most profitable club in NYC- one of the most infamous cities in the world... he has a loyal following every week, a sick contract, and a pretty good reputation (not really lately) then he still does things around the north east, so he really doesn't have to prove himself to a new crowd.. everyone goes to ny, they'll go and see him... u really can't beat tha

i agree totaly with ya..its true JP shud show off his skills like he does in the soundfactory but i also have to agree with nikkinix....hes got a GREAT name in one of the Biggest best cities every1 wishes then lived in...ya know...so why go prove himself to any new crowd when he got his crowd , likes his crowd...hes more of a Famility type Dj ..hes got us his family or shud i say his followers.."KuLt" we go to his temple church every sunday...cmon now look ...he djs for like 2 days straight what dj's u know out there that can Dj that many HrS n still have his crowd JuMping? We never wanna leave!...I dunno i cant wait till WmC itll be my first time yeye:tongue: bUt i wish Jp was playing sumwhere big one nite bc i would love for him to show the world what he shows Nyorkers...<3

Originally posted by sexsisafi

i agree totaly with ya..its true JP shud show off his skills like he does in the soundfactory but i also have to agree with nikkinix....hes got a GREAT name in one of the Biggest best cities every1 wishes then lived in...ya know...so why go prove himself to any new crowd when he got his crowd , likes his crowd...hes more of a Famility type Dj ..hes got us his family or shud i say his followers.."KuLt" we go to his temple church every sunday...cmon now look ...he djs for like 2 days straight what dj's u know out there that can Dj that many HrS n still have his crowd JuMping? We never wanna leave!...I dunno i cant wait till WmC itll be my first time yeye:tongue: bUt i wish Jp was playing sumwhere big one nite bc i would love for him to show the world what he shows Nyorkers...<3

I dig JP anytime, anywhere... HE'S the man of tribal and House (with) New York Label on it....

He's diff than TIESTO and PVD... they ONLY SPIN TRANCE!

And JP IS FUCKING AWESOME when it comes to HOUSE, DEEP HOUSE!

This is my list:

Trance:

a.) Tiesto

b.) PVD

House:

Jonathan Peters

Techno:

Carl Cox

Picotto

Hip pop:

50 cents