Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My First Post Ever Here On Club Planet

Hello,

I have been invited to visit this site before but never had the time or patience to register. It said my name was taken here already by someone else? I hope there are no imposters trying to post as me, please! I actually tried 2 names: Danny Tenaglia & D Tenaglia and it said they were both being used, so whoever is doing that, please don't. It's extremelhy disrespectful.

OK, I just wanted to come in here and spread some love & thanks to all of you people who are real and serious about the music and have respect for one another. I've been playing in nightclubs for over 20 years and have now been the happiest ever at Vinyl/Arc where we will celebrate our four year anniversary this coming Friday "Marathon style." I hope many of you can make it. If you can't, or just ain't into what I do, that is fine too.

Different strokes for different folks. Even I have favorite DJ's. However, it's really not nice to knock down someone who is trying to acheive their goals & dreams, so please BE kind to other up & coming DJ's.

I haven't gotten to read many of the post here yet, I also am not in favor of the orange font on titles. See I do have an opinion? LOL

It's not extremely clear on my powerbook G4.

So, to be brief, respect to you all for living and loving dance music, and all I ask is that you respect yourself and one another. It's the most important thing. We are a small community here in NYC. THIS IS THE UNDERGROUND! Our music will never BE "pop" or big on radio, so we have to stick together and support one another.

I will be 42 on FRIDAY March 7th, and that might even appear old to some of you. But, I am not shy about it and I feel more like 24. I wouldn't change a thing about my life and I hope that we can all become and remain one big family. Let's not dis each other or any other DJ's or other clubs..... Just believe in KARMA. I guarantee you what goes around will come around. It's a fact of life. So BE good to your bodies and your minds. It's really all you have, so preserve it as best you can, and in the infamous words: "Let us all just get along"!

I hope to see you on a dance floor somewhere soon.......

PEACE,

dt

:bday: VINYL/Arc (4 years strong) :)

DTourism2@aol,com (e-mail)

www.DTourism.com (message board)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravissississimo Signore Tenaglia!

Molto rispetto per posting on this site...

Truly Il Re de NYC...

God Bless... Thanx for spreading the love and the feeling like nobody else...

If last week was any indication of the MOOD and VIBE floating in the air @ vinyl this week, nobody will be able to stand around, everybody will be dancing and smiling...

:party:

Vinyl, are you ready?

:)

Unfortunately I will be missing the 4 Year Ann. :cry:

But I will be Celebrating my Birthday on the day of your Birthday. Even though mine is 2 weeks later. I figured it would be a good time. :D

Oh and in my opinion. You should have a little chit chat with DAVE and being that who ever has you name never posts... That he should delete the Account. So that you can get it. :aright:

Originally posted by legend38

Great words

I agree.

"....Different strokes for different folks. Even I have favorite DJ's. However, it's really not nice to knock down someone who is trying to acheive their goals & dreams, so please BE kind to other up & coming DJ's.

So, to be brief, respect to you all for living and loving dance music, and all I ask is that you respect yourself and one another. It's the most important thing. We are a small community here in NYC. THIS IS THE UNDERGROUND! Our music will never BE "pop" or big on radio, so we have to stick together and support one another...."

Originally posted by dtenaglia77

So, to be brief, respect to you all for living and loving dance music, and all I ask is that you respect yourself and one another. It's the most important thing. We are a small community here in NYC. THIS IS THE UNDERGROUND! Our music will never BE "pop" or big on radio, so we have to stick together and support one another.

Unless that involves glowsticks, right? DT - i've been a huge fan of yours since my early days in clubbin back at the tunnel. you've been responsible for a great many of my great nights... but i've got to ask - how can you call a party "be yourself" when there is that much hatred for the sticks? it should be called "be yourself, unless yourself happens to involve rediculous cyalume lights".

now i've personally outgrown that whole thing, though for me the sign of a party from above will always include the flashing lights in people's hands. i also understand the need to disengage our scene from what is perceived as drug culture. but glowsticks are, for those who have thought about it, a means of communication, self-expression, and the will to add a their own special touch to the party. the dj, soundboard operator, light guy... all have an extreme power over you at a club, and for some glowsticks are a way of bringing a little individuality back - to increase that positive feedback loop that exists between crowd and dj.

granted they can be lame when some dumb-ass comes up to you and asks "are you rolling? here - look at these!" or the fuckers who string that take up half the room on an already jam-packed dancefloor... but i don't understand your beef with dancers who use the lights to participate in the ritual - to create their own private space in a very public atomsphere - to use as an extension of themselves. it makes no sense to me how you can be so loved and respected among the dance music community, and have such an intense abhorrence for such an insignificant thing. as a fan i ask that you please reconsider your thoughts on this matter.

i wish you the best of luck and continued success for the future, though considering your current career trajectory things are lookin just fine.