Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Congrats To Oscar G, Best Resident

aztec-mystic

Big congrats to Oscar G for winning “Best resident DJ in the US” at the Club Shows first annual awards ceremony sponsored by Club Systems Intl magazine (in Las Vegas 3-25 to 3-27).

First Music conference I attended is WMC 90, big song was gonna make you sweat, Warsaw was the place to be. I would look forward to conference like a kid waiting for Christmas cause that’s about the only time we would get top caliber DJs in this town.

Then in WMC 1993 I heard Oscar live for the first time at Third Rail on Lincoln Rd for a Masters at Murk party (I’ve been a Murk fan since the DSR* days, and a Househead since 86). I was like damn when is this mofo gonna get a residency in his own hometown.

In the 90s you got residencies in Tokyo, London, NYC, San Fran, Ibiza and the list goes on, but hey what about Miami?

Then in 99 Mr Paciello at Liquid offers you Saturdays, and he suggests playing that stuff that the guy down the block is playing, you know the place where everyone is dressed in black with dark sunglasses and spends the night pointing at the short chubby guy up on that podium while waving glowstix. But you tell him F**k that shit, I PLAY HOUSE MUSIC, ALWAYS HAVE!!!

Along comes Sat July 15, 2000 I remember it like it was yesterday, your debut at Space. Still have the flyer. A few months of Sat nights in the Red room, Carl Cox on Dec 2 , 2000 then Dec 9, the Blue room is all yours and ---- THE REST IS HISTORY…..

Hats off G, sticking to your guns has paid off and your best years are no doubt, yet to come…

Chip

*(DSR)Deep South Recrdings

Originally posted by aztec-mystic

Big congrats to Oscar G for winning “Best resident DJ in the US†at the Club Shows first annual awards ceremony sponsored by Club Systems Intl magazine (in Las Vegas 3-25 to 3-27).

First Music conference I attended is WMC 90, big song was gonna make you sweat, Warsaw was the place to be. I would look forward to conference like a kid waiting for Christmas cause that’s about the only time we would get top caliber DJs in this town.

Then in WMC 1993 I heard Oscar live for the first time at Third Rail on Lincoln Rd for a Masters at Murk party (I’ve been a Murk fan since the DSR* days, and a Househead since 86). I was like damn when is this mofo gonna get a residency in his own hometown.

In the 90s you got residencies in Tokyo, London, NYC, San Fran, Ibiza and the list goes on, but hey what about Miami?

Then in 99 Mr Paciello at Liquid offers you Saturdays, and suggest playing that stuff that the guy down the block is playing, you know the place where everyone is dressed in black with dark sunglasses and spends the night pointing at the short fat guy up on that podium and waving glowstix. But you tell him F**k that shit, I PLAY HOUSE MUSIC, ALWAYS HAVE!!!

Along comes comes Sat July 15, 2000 I remember it like it was yesterday, your debut at Space. Still have the flyer. A few months of Sat nights in the Red room, Carl Cox on Dec 2 , 2000 then Dec 9, the Blue room is all yours and ---- THE REST IS HISTORY…..

Hats off G, sticking to your guns has paid off and your best years are no doubt, yet to come…

Chip

*Deep South Recrdings

Hey Chip, that was really kool...

CONGRATS OSCAR! ... well deserved without a doubt. You make us proud dude. keep on chuggin!

:clap:

Guest saleen351

oscar couldn't mix a bag of concrete...

congrads OG... now please kick all the euro trash out of your dj booth...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all the kind words and support guys....I really really appreciate it!!!:D

This award means a whole lot to me because my residency at Space has been a very fulfilling experience....Playing for your hometown peeps in a great club on a regular basis is a DJ's dream, and I have been very fortunate to be able to do that ....Believe me, that alone, is more than enough to make me very happy....and those that know me, know just how much I enjoy and appreciate being able to do what I do......but to be recognized as the Best Resident in the U.S. is just NUTS!

Anyway.....don't want to get all sappy (plus Im not a very good communicator) just wanted to say thanks for your continued support....and thanks for dancing and making me look good;)

see you at Space!

:cool:

O.G.