Clubplanet Nightlife Community

pictures from Mauro Picotto - pics don't lie!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which girl dancer?

IMG_2088.JPG

If you're referring to this one, it was my rental g/f for the evening. I think I got my money's worth.....

IMG_2099.JPG

If you're referring to this one, I have no idea. Perhaps she was rejected from the Highschool auditions for Chicago and went to Code to dance her troubles away.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by cookiegirl

Blue Jersey

ok, will the real magic8ball please stand up? one person is talking about the girl getting fingersnipped on the nipple and you're talking the jersey. whats the dealy?

Guest jroo
Originally posted by cookiegirl

He was bullshittin' you roo. :tongue:

everyone on the bus? good , great, GRAND!! NO YELLING ON THE BUS!!!!!

Originally posted by Kuro

How will the sampler help you if you can't beat match?

It won't, but if your mix starts going haywire, you can use one of the loud, swooshy effects while you cut the channel out. It'd still be noticeable, but not as noticeable as a straight out cut with no effect. Still sounds like shit. Moral of the story is, trance sucks.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

It won't, but if your mix starts going haywire, you can use one of the loud, swooshy effects while you cut the channel out. It'd still be noticeable, but not as noticeable as a straight out cut with no effect. Still sounds like shit. Moral of the story is, trance sucks.

I need to get one of those. But I guess all my mixes would have this annoying "swoosh" sound in them.

I would think that it would sound even worse just because there's lots of noise in addition to your trainwreck. I don't think I'v ever heard anyone do it.

I would think that it would sound even worse just because there's lots of noise in addition to your trainwreck. I don't think I'v ever heard anyone do it.

I heard a mix from a Deep Dish set online from last year where one of them did it. It sounds like shit, but instead of it sounding like shit with the cloppity cloppity trainwreck sound, it just sounds like shit with all kinds of noise and clicks and pops and hisses and wooshes and swooshes. I think the thinking is that the more noise you add, the less you'll be able to make out what's going on. And then you can always claim it was the track that made those noises and not you. :rolleyes:

How will the sampler help you if you can't beat match?

you sample an 8-count at the end of the song, loop it and it gives you more time. you can also you the swoopy effects to build it up and then just bring in the next track when you want to without actually mixing it. Just flip the crossfader over or do what I call FUFD - fader up, fader down (Nick warren does that a lot)

It's actually a hip hop technique so they can scratch in the next record, but that, of course takes talent.

I heard a mix from a Deep Dish set online from last year where one of them did it. It sounds like shit, but instead of it sounding like shit with the cloppity cloppity trainwreck sound, it just sounds like shit with all kinds of noise and clicks and pops and hisses and wooshes and swooshes. I think the thinking is that the more noise you add, the less you'll be able to make out what's going on. And then you can always claim it was the track that made those noises and not you. :rolleyes:

Kinda like the tree in a forest theory?

If there is a bunch of other shit covering up the trainwreck...was it really a trainwreck? Or was it just a pile of shit?

Originally posted by revaluation

you sample an 8-count at the end of the song, loop it and it gives you more time. you can also you the swoopy effects to build it up and then just bring in the next track when you want to without actually mixing it. It's actually a hip hop technique so they can scratch in the next record, but that, of course takes talent.

I see. That's weak.