Clubplanet Nightlife Community

House & Hip~hop On The Main Floor What Do U Think????

PICK YOUR FAVTO HEAR IN A CLUB  

42 members have voted

1. 1. PICK YOUR FAVTO HEAR IN A CLUB

• HIP-HOP?
    • REGGAE?
    • HOUSE?
    • FREESTYLE?

MIX THE MUSIC: I THINK HOUSE AND HIP HOP ARE BOTH GREAT AND THEY SHOULD BE PLAYED THROUGH OUT THE NIGHT ON THE MAIN FLOOR OF ANY CLUB!!! :dj: :dj:

I HAD THE MOST FUN AT CLUBS THAT MIXED THE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG :party:

I WOULD EVEN LIKE TO HEAR A LIL FREESTYLE.

EVERYBODY LET ME KNOW YOUR FEELINGS ON THIS SUBJECT??? :aright:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not a snowball's chance in hell of that idea working out. Real clubbers who go to real clubs have their own tastes, and this would completely alienate half of your crowd, half of the night. Even at old-school raves, where djs only had hour-long sets or so, there were typically separate areas for house, trance, and jungle. Switching back and forth would completely fuck up the vibe.

Originally posted by caponeslistao

IT WORKS AT ALL THE 21 AND OVER CLUBS THE VIBE IS GOOD THE PEOPLE ARE HOT WHATS THE PROBLEM. CAN I GET AN AGE CHECK FROM EVERYBODY????

well..... capone im 23 and i like it when the music is mix on the main floor. Another thing these clubs like exit and sf that play only house on the main floor i noticed are a pain in the ass all around. YOU HAVE TO WAIT ON A LONG LINE PAY 30 TO 40 BUCKS THEN GET HARASED BY THE BOUNCERS LOOKING FOR DRUGS. BY THE TIME YOU GET IN YOU FEEL LIKE GOING HOME. NOT ONE 21 AND OVER MIXED MUSIC PARTY DID I HAVE THAT HAPPEN TO ME.

IT WORKS AT ALL THE 21 AND OVER CLUBS THE VIBE IS GOOD THE PEOPLE ARE HOT WHATS THE PROBLEM. CAN I GET AN AGE CHECK FROM EVERYBODY????

Where are u from?

What clubs becides the euro trash lounges do this?

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

caponeslistao, to each his own, but i think thats a horrible idea.

For every reason people have already listed...

and who the fuck would go clubbing to reggae music?:huh:

I sincerely hope you're kidding with that asinine question.

LMFAO- kid, are you for real? :laugh: :laugh:

Here's a hint... don't attempt to give yourself credibility when you have none. Make no mistake- you will be called out on it.

Where the hell is this going on anyway??? What clubs are you talking about? I'm actually kind of curious, because I have never in my entire clubbing career encountered such a thing!

Originally posted by tastyt

LMFAO- kid, are you for real? :laugh: :laugh:

Here's a hint... don't attempt to give yourself credibility when you have none. Make no mistake- you will be called out on it.

Where the hell is this going on anyway??? What clubs are you talking about? I'm actually kind of curious, because I have never in my entire clubbing career encountered such a thing!

I have actually been to clubs in Cali that play both hip hop and house. Oh and Jimmy's Bronx Cafe plays both, with Spansih music too. They were just fine. No booing, or whatever. Don't get me wrong they would not play house music for hours at a time. Just a few songs, then back to hip hop.

Originally posted by kaligirl

I have actually been to clubs in Cali that play both hip hop and house. Oh and Jimmy's Bronx Cafe plays both, with Spansih music too. They were just fine. No booing, or whatever. Don't get me wrong they would not play house music for hours at a time. Just a few songs, then back to hip hop.

It's like that upstate in Rochester too - they play a mix of songs. The floor gets packed for hip-hop, then when house comes on, everyone clears out. It's funny - kinda like peeps go for a bathroom or smoke break when dance music is on.

What part of Cali? A major metro area? I don't know what most clubs are like out there, so I can't really say anything about that- but I just don't see it happening in NYC. I've never seen it happen in NYC. :confused:

Originally posted by spragga25

It's like that upstate in Rochester too - they play a mix of songs. The floor gets packed for hip-hop, then when house comes on, everyone clears out. It's funny - kinda like peeps go for a bathroom or smoke break when dance music is on.

I have actully seen guys that are total hip hop heads, get down and dance to house music like they have been listeing to it for years.

Its all about having a good time and being able to appreciate other types of music even if its not your "cup of tea".

Originally posted by tastyt

What part of Cali? A major metro area? I don't know what most clubs are like out there, so I can't really say anything about that- but I just don't see it happening in NYC. I've never seen it happen in NYC. :confused:

In San Diego.

In my opinion, the problem with New yorker's is that they are not open to other things. It seems to me that most, not all are stuck in one type of music, scene, or whatever. Everyone is entitled to like whatever they like, but that is why in my opinion once again NY sucks right now!!

In Cali, everyone parties together. Sure they have different clubs for different types of music, but you always see a mix of people in them. People go to party and mingle and I have never seen anyone boo because their style of music suddenly changed.

In my opinion, the problem with New yorker's is that they are not open to other things. It seems to me that most, not all are stuck in one type of music, scene, or whatever. Everyone is entitled to like whatever they like, but that is why in my opinion once again NY sucks right now!!

But what's wrong with liking what you like??? How does that suck? I've been partying for 9 years; I've been exposed to a lot of different musical styles in that time. Just within the past few years have my tastes really started to become defined; and yes, defined they are.

What's wrong with having strongly-developed tastes? That's what passion springs from. Music isn't just a release for me or many others, or just something to do on the weekends, it's a passion that feeds my soul.