Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Things that piss you off about your gym

Mystify

Even though I :heart: my gym, I have a few things that annoy me

1) First, there's a whole line of flat screen TV's which is great, but there is always one tuned into the Food Network...Um yeah, that's great, but why would people working out want to watch the FOOD NETWORK!?! There's ton of other entertaining channels :rolleyes:

2) The people who clean the equipment walk around at all hours and clean, which is just wonderful :D , but can't they wait til I get off the cardio machines to clean it?? They're like right up in my face and it's rather uncomfortable!

3) Those older women in the locker room who think it's okay to waltz around w/out clothes on - skin sagging everywhere!!!! Yuck!

The fact that my gym bought new Dumbells and they are the rubber plated ones... THEY SUCK!!!

Also with the assholes that feel they need to throw the numbells and then bitch because some are broken and in time it becomes a bitch to find matching dumbells over 80lbs...

The Air Condtioning... It is never the same fucking temperature... You either go in and freeze your ass off or sweat like a mofo... Set the shit at one temp and leave it alone...

That is all for now.

#1. Indians, how the hell does managment expect people to train around people that smell horrible. Its disgusting!

#2. Managment, first they bought new dumbbells up to 100lbs. and then new they took apart all the old dumbbells over 100lbs. because "we dont want it to look like a hardcore gym!" What is it, a f'n library? No gym chalk either. I was using the 130lbs. on incline chest, but no more. Thats bullshit, you dont take away something that several people were using and not replace it. I brought in duct tape and taped free weights to each side of the 100lb. dumbbells and they got pissssssssssed!

1) when they run out of towels!!!! :mad:

2) when i get into the locker room and there is some naked guy/s in there...:puke:

3) when ppl talk while sitting on a machine/bench/cross-over cables when i am waiting to use

4) in my gym we can put on whatever music we want and so i put on 97.1 or 105.1 to get me going and then other ppl come in and just change it (i'm like hello i am listening to that) :mad: :mad:

5) ppl who constantly ask for my help then dont listen to what i say then come back and ask me again for help :blown:

Originally posted by wideskies

LOL!

i can't believe some people are complaining about seeing other people naked. GROW UP. if you can't deal with occasionally catching a glimpse of someone ugly, naked, or both, then you have major issues.

In that case I have major issues

Originally posted by wideskies

LOL!

i can't believe some people are complaining about seeing other people naked. GROW UP. if you can't deal with occasionally catching a glimpse of someone ugly, naked, or both, then you have major issues.

It's one thing to see someone naked or catch a glimpse out of teh corner of your eye, but some of the women in the locker room just walk around, look in the mirror, etc. in the complete nude - I just find it offensive - there's a difference between getting changed in front of others and just being naked for a prolonged period of time! They should be considerate that a lot of people aren't comfortable and find strangers nudity offensive!

Originally posted by Mystify22

It's one thing to see someone naked or catch a glimpse out of teh corner of your eye, but some of the women in the locker room just walk around, look in the mirror, etc. in the complete nude - I just find it offensive - there's a difference between getting changed in front of others and just being naked for a prolonged period of time! They should be considerate that a lot of people aren't comfortable and find strangers nudity offensive!

Yes I know what you mean. I think some people try to stay naked as long as possible in the locker room. One gym I used to go to had tv's and the old guys would be sittin in the little room naked watchin tv.

Originally posted by rackham

What a horrible statement.

Try concentrating with 120lb. dumbells on incline chest while the guy next to you smells like he hasnt showered in 6 weeks. Whats horrible is the smell. Its not a prejudice statement, I could care less what race the guy is, he fucking stinks!

Originally posted by njdionysus

Try concentrating with 120lb. dumbells on incline chest while the guy next to you smells like he hasnt showered in 6 weeks. Whats horrible is the smell. Its not a prejudice statement, I could care less what race the guy is, he fucking stinks!

Umm... you didn't say "smelly people", you said Indians, in bold letters. Now you're saying that's not a prejudiced statement?

Because thats exactly who smells at the gym.

No one else. Truth hurts.

Take a fucking shower.

That has to be the most ignorant and PREJUDICED thing I've read in this forum so far (except maybe what bullseye just wrote). I have many Indian/Bangladeshi friends, and they don't smell any worse than white people.

For that matter, the worst smelling guy at my gym is black, not Indian... does that mean I should petition management to keep black people out of the gym? :rolleyes:

2 things

1) people who talk incessantly on their cell phone while "working out" & then have the nerve to hog equipment because of thier long phone calls. ;)

2) Females who stare at me while working out & even try to small talk with me, not respecting the fact i have a girlfriend :laugh::laugh:

Thanks

Wakki

That has to be the most ignorant and PREJUDICED thing I've read in this forum so far (except maybe what bullseye just wrote). I have many Indian/Bangladeshi friends, and they don't smell any worse than white people.

For that matter, the worst smelling guy at my gym is black, not Indian... does that mean I should petition management to keep black people out of the gym? :rolleyes:

You really need to get over yourself. The thread is about things that piss you off about your gym... a good number of the Indians at my gym fucking stink! Did I say that all Indians stink? No. I have a friend who is Indian, he says the same damn thing. Is he PREJUDICED now too? Shut the hell up and stop whining about me writing it in bold letters because the two things that piss me off were listed in bold letters. Stop looking for something that is not there you ignorant asshole.

I hate it when guys pile on the 45's on the leg press machine (or any machine) & when they're done they leave them all on :mad:, i even witnessed an off-duty trainer doing this!!

Also hate guys who yell so loud its obnixious, i could understand grunting but yelling so loud that others can't concentrate on their sets is just stupid

People who smell: I was doing cardio one day and the guy next to me just stank, not even like sweaty body odor, but an odor so offensive he must not have showered for a week - I had to actually stop my workout and move to another machine.

You really need to get over yourself. The thread is about things that piss you off about your gym... a good number of the Indians at my gym fucking stink! Did I say that all Indians stink? No. I have a friend who is Indian, he says the same damn thing. Is he PREJUDICED now too? Shut the hell up and stop whining about me writing it in bold letters because the two things that piss me off were listed in bold letters. Stop looking for something that is not there you ignorant asshole.

Wow... you must be mad to call me all those names. :rolleyes:

You made an ethnic comment and I called you on it. Sorry, there's no two ways about it. If SMELLY PEOPLE bother you, then say that SMELLY PEOPLE bother you. No need to pin it on their ethnicity... that's seriously uncool.

Just because a few black people at my gym stink, doesn't mean I'm going to say black people bother me... you see my point? :blank:

Originally posted by brandy76

I hate it when guys pile on the 45's on the leg press machine (or any machine) & when they're done they leave them all on :mad:, i even witnessed an off-duty trainer doing this!!

Also hate guys who yell so loud its obnixious, i could understand grunting but yelling so loud that others can't concentrate on their sets is just stupid

People who smell: I was doing cardio one day and the guy next to me just stank, not even like sweaty body odor, but an odor so offensive he must not have showered for a week - I had to actually stop my workout and move to another machine.

I love when people use the sponge pad to put on the squat bar when they use 10 lb plates on each side. SO CUTE!!!

Thanks ,

Tommy

What a horrible statement.

sorry but i agree- i literally had to stop doing cardio the other day cause this guy came in and stunk up the whole side of the gym...i never seen the cardio area clean out so quick...

if its against ur religion or whatever to have good hygene thats fine, but then stay home and dont go and fuckup the workouts of 10 people just cause your god says you should smell :D