Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dressing for Work

luvle02

Originally posted by luvle02

Who has to get dressed up for work, and what do you wear? I've always been able to wear jeans but I went on an interview that is in a dressy environment. If I get the job I haven't a clue what I'd have to wear.

during summer time we can wear khaki's and polo shirts or button up shirts...during the winter most of us have to wear shirts and ties...most wear suits...

If I get the job I haven't a clue what I'd have to wear.

Just take a look around the office if you get called back for a second interview, and make a mental note of how everyone else is dressed. That should help you out a lot more than advice from the people here... appropriate office attire varies so much from company to company.

Originally posted by tastyt

Just take a look around the office if you get called back for a second interview, and make a mental note of how everyone else is dressed. That should help you out a lot more than advice from the people here... appropriate office attire varies so much from company to company.

I would do this but the people I saw were older. Wearing ugly ass dresses. I don't know maybe I'll just get a job at Taco Bell this way I get a uniform.:tongue:

Originally posted by tastyt

really good advice...

Where I work the dress code is business casual. Suits aren't necessary but I live for Fridays when I can wear jeans and such.

Attire for work is determined by the industry you work in. I'm a legal secretary and was hired on the spot just recently. Sometimes you may not get a second interview. They could just call u up on the phone and offer you the job then. The firm i'll be working for does commercial litigation and they have high profile clients so i know i'll need to dress more professional than the last firm i worked were i did probate and had minimal client contact. also, the atmosphere was more casual, so i could have gotten away with more. My advice is, think of the industry you work in and to play it safe, dress up for the first couple days (remember first impression......). During that time, you could determine what you can and can't get away with. Hope this helps.

i work at an investment bank, it's business casual which is cool.

for the record, whenever the men in my bank have to go to client meetings and they get all dipppped out..

tie (preferably ferragamo, hermes), tie pin, jacket, cufflinks (tiffany), crisp shirt..

:drool:

Originally posted by kitty19

for the record, whenever the men in my bank have to go to client meetings and they get all dipppped out..

tie (preferably ferragamo, hermes), tie pin, jacket, cufflinks (tiffany), crisp shirt..

cufflinks are so annoying though. especially when youre wearing youre jacket and the sleaves of the jacket are sticking out becauseof the way the cufflinks....i cant explain it well but its annoying as fuck

Originally posted by sexxyme

No dress code, unless I have clients

same here, but no matter what, whenever I'm not sure, I wear a somber suit, (black, navy, or warm brown) and am impeccible with the details. My hair is up, and my jewelry is minimal. Cufflinks look very polished on a lady, and I prefer to wear them almost everyday--even though they can be annoying, clink, clank!

Originally posted by kitty19

I love gettin pimped out like that...I feel like the man with that shit on..lol

jeans and workboots here whatttttup......i wish i could sit in an office all day...i cant do that shit...yet...im too young...id fuckin flip out on someone, kick over my desk and jump through the front window..... maybe one day when i got some people working for me i can manage my office..

Who has to get dressed up for work, and what do you wear? I've always been able to wear jeans but I went on an interview that is in a dressy environment. If I get the job I haven't a clue what I'd have to wear.

i feel for you i hate getting dressed up for work, Im a mood dresser and I like to be comfortable.

Im not sure what kind of enviroment your working in but if your in a conservative type of atmosphere then try Anne Taylor, Jones New York or their Rena Rowan line. You can always mix and match blazers and pants try bloomindales or Loard n Taylor for these cloths.

Also if you want to add some funky pieaces so your not so stuffy looking always go for a slid suit wirh a fucky button down patterens pok-a dots, stripes est you can also add accessories (sp) to your look which will give you more of a funly feel.

hope this helps good luck