Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Another new club on 28th street

Originally posted by berniec

oh god not another over-hyped, over-priced, and under-powered phazon in new york!

I dont get why people fall into this trap time and time again. You can have great sound without Steve Dash's name attached to it lol

the word "Phazon" sounds cool

Originally posted by jaysea

dont get to excited kids....

if u like dancng in a narrow, dirty rat infested Building that was once a bath house....lol

BUT! oly wish's all my neighbors the best!:laugh:

a narrow dirty rat-infested club is just what new york city needs.. fuck all these poshy (miamiesque) places.. i like my clubs filthy, no real theme just brick walls, lights, lasers and a bar that serves beer under 8 dollars a bottle mmm... decent priced beer

Yeah lots of places CLAIM to have Phazon sound, or a good system but it sux balls, Hopefully this new spot Den28 is cool and is a music(TRANCE) driven club.. There arent many out there that are good. We need some new vibes and i can see it happening now, i am happy to hear that people are taking control of the scene now. Good luck with the place! Wish the best of luck and words of wisdom. DONT FUCK IT UP! DONT BE GREEDY!

Originally posted by 511w28thst

We are now bringing in the hottest designers from Miami

to calobrate on this club

I don't know what's funnier, that you're bringing in Miami's "hottest designers" or that they will be "calobrating" on the club. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::blown:

We are now bringing in the hottest designers from Miami

to calobrate on this club

...See, this shit is why we as a community get no respect.. If you're going to be a spokesperson for any spot, regardless of type, please for the LOVE OF CHRIST use spellcheck. It takes 15 fucking seconds and people who see it won't think of you as a bunch of 15 year olds trying to get a cheezy trance teen night together...

..I mean fucking christ, how hard is that?..:rolleyes:..

Originally posted by tunnle

we dont need anymore trendy clubs with 19 or 21 year old's driving past the club in daddies car or making 4 viprooms or think there the shit by drinking bottle of $$$$$$,,,WHAT WE NEED are PEOPLE WHO ARE IN IT FOR THE MUSIC....

exactly!

Thats what i am talking about man.. I ALWAYS HATED THAT SHIT.. who the fuck needs to do a "lets drive by there first" Go,PARK, ANd fucking chill with no feeling of , I hope they let me in or some shit like that.

Originally posted by tunnle

we dont need anymore trendy clubs with 19 or 21 year old's driving past the club in daddies car or making 4 viprooms or think there the shit by drinking bottle of $$$$$$,,,WHAT WE NEED are PEOPLE WHO ARE IN IT FOR THE MUSIC....

perfect B as sweet it is

Well anyway you look at it, the New York club scene is back !

28th street is gonna be clubbers paradise! I dont think there was any era in new york when you could club hop like this... all on the same block

this is where club's and it's promoters get themselves in trouble and attract pecimistic comments, which eventually turns into dissapointment several weeks after the club opens. DO NOT MAKE PROMISES YOU CAN'T KEEP! LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT NYC IS BACK.

your club, as well as the other's you list, have not even opened yet and already the "teaser comments." just fuckin open and let's see what you got. Crobar and Spirit got everyone hyped up over the summer with their promotions about opening in Sept. '03, and they are not even open yet. in fact, i would not be surprised if they don't open this winter.

and as for the comment about club hopping, who the fuck club hops. if i leave a club before 2-3am, that means the club sucked. if it's good and stays open, i am in for the longhaul, cause any true clubber knows, the real party doesn't start until 4:30 am. (afterhours). this is not like bar hopping, where it's free to bounce around and all you're looking to do is drink and meet someone. it costs money to get in each club, so why would we club hop?

lastly, NYC will never be like it was back in the day. the political climate does not allow for it. prior to RUDY, DINKINS let the city run wild. so we could do whatever we wanted in TUNNEL, LIMELIGHT, PALLADIUM, CLUB USA ETC.... there was such a feeling of Freedom in those clubs. that helped the excitement of it all. it was like taking a vacation from life, from fri-sun. now, the cops are up everyones ass, fire marshall's raid clubs, and the city has imposed the "quality of life" laws. so most clubs are filled with clicks of the people made of the same cloth. there needs to be a variety of people in the party, from STRIPPERS, TRANSVESTITES, CLUB KIDS, RAVERS, GUIDO'S, BLACKS, SUITS, ETC...

so, i truly hope that NYC CAN GET BETTER, but don't promise that it will be BACK TO WHERE IT WAS, because you will only set yourself up for dissapointment. just focus on making it the best it can be now, and if the people like it, they are the ones that can make a club, a LEGENDARY NITE SPOT, not the promoters. :hat:

Originally posted by cq29

this is where club's and it's promoters get themselves in trouble and attract pecimistic comments, which eventually turns into dissapointment several weeks after the club opens. DO NOT MAKE PROMISES YOU CAN'T KEEP! LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT NYC IS BACK.

your club, as well as the other's you list, have not even opened yet and already the "teaser comments." just fuckin open and let's see what you got. Crobar and Spirit got everyone hyped up over the summer with their promotions about opening in Sept. '03, and they are not even open yet. in fact, i would not be surprised if they don't open this winter.

and as for the comment about club hopping, who the fuck club hops. if i leave a club before 2-3am, that means the club sucked. if it's good and stays open, i am in for the longhaul, cause any true clubber knows, the real party doesn't start until 4:30 am. (afterhours). this is not like bar hopping, where it's free to bounce around and all you're looking to do is drink and meet someone. it costs money to get in each club, so why would we club hop?

lastly, NYC will never be like it was back in the day. the political climate does not allow for it. prior to RUDY, DINKINS let the city run wild. so we could do whatever we wanted in TUNNEL, LIMELIGHT, PALLADIUM, CLUB USA ETC.... there was such a feeling of Freedom in those clubs. that helped the excitement of it all. it was like taking a vacation from life, from fri-sun. now, the cops are up everyones ass, fire marshall's raid clubs, and the city has imposed the "quality of life" laws. so most clubs are filled with clicks of the people made of the same cloth. there needs to be a variety of people in the party, from STRIPPERS, TRANSVESTITES, CLUB KIDS, RAVERS, GUIDO'S, BLACKS, SUITS, ETC...

so, i truly hope that NYC CAN GET BETTER, but don't promise that it will be BACK TO WHERE IT WAS, because you will only set yourself up for dissapointment. just focus on making it the best it can be now, and if the people like it, they are the ones that can make a club, a LEGENDARY NITE SPOT, not the promoters. :hat:

Yes.

Also when the scene is good and dance music is on the radio everyone complains about commercial "cheese"

YET when dance music is NOT on the radio, look at things now, and yet people still complain.

Idiots.