Clubplanet Nightlife Community

True Life: I'm a clubber

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I've been searching everywhere and now finally I found somewhere I can get help. What are the songs that are played during this show specifically the one that is playing when "k-smooth" and his crew r in the limo going to neptunes and it also plays a little when theyre allready at neptunes and te whole crowd is dancing, and also this one song when pete's at sf (theres no words in both the songs). Thanks i greatly appreciate it everyone! :D

Originally posted by clubbr4life

Guys I've been searching everywhere and now finally I found somewhere I can get help. What are the songs that are played during this show specifically the one that is playing when "k-smooth" and his crew r in the limo going to neptunes and it also plays a little when theyre allready at neptunes and te whole crowd is dancing, and also this one song when pete's at sf (theres no words in both the songs). Thanks i greatly appreciate it everyone! :D

not positive but,

limo-we come one-faithless

pete-going thru it-jp

i know both were played in the show

Originally posted by lollie60

that show should be called MTV True Life- I'm a loser

WOW ...I don't get how people can fuck up their lives soo bad over a dj and a club

Well to people like some of my friends that are NOT clubbers this is exactly what they thought!! Which is unfair to the many who went to SF and were responsible people and not crackheads!! There were many who came to see JP spin his sets and enjoy the music as well as the positive vibe SF provided and whom did not indulge in hardcore drug use!! This episode of my True Life portrays the clubbers who went to SF as total losers!! Which is not always the case but will now be for the average person who is not clubber and saw this!!

okay...here's my little opinion on the show. I was surprisingly disappointed about the whole plot of story. When it says , I'm a Clubber....i automatically assumed that MTV was goin to document people who have a love for music and a love for clubs. People who wake up in the morning and all they do is think about clubs and music, people who follow the main dj's like Tiesto, PVD, or other such international DJs, and people who travel all over the U.S. and all over the world to experience all the different clubs. To me, this is a true clubber.

MTV just picked four people who have serious issues that go to clubs to vent and to forget about their pathetic life. I'm sorry to feel this way but according to MTV, this is what they wanted all their viewers to think what a clubber actually is.

Good points!!I liked the fact that they showed Paris working the door because when SF was real good she was always outside every Sat but I guess once she started djing on the 4th flr she decided to not be outside as much or at least it seemed that way!!

Anyways I agree that MTV portrayed clubbers to be individuals who had some problems in their lives and sought refuge by going to clubs to forget about these problems!! The girl Patricia reminded me of someone whom I knew that had these similar issues!! I think I might have passed by her a few times at SF but she had mad issues nonetheless!! She does look like a tranny though I'm sorry!! Maybe she resorted to drug use because it was a rough time in her life because it did say that she was divorced. As for K-smooth I took dumps bigger that the kid!! He seemed like a good person but just way too full of himself!!

I hope the next time MTV does another episode of "My True Life" that involves clubbing again they do a better job in selecting the people portraying a true clubber!! Because this episode does the true clubber a true injustice!!

:unhappy:

I know this is a bit late, but since this thread is still alive and most people seem to miss the bigger picture in terms of what the message transmitted by this show means, well I will just add my opinion.

First off, fundamentally this show is a sympton of the ever growing infectious spread of reality tv. To some degree I would not even call it "television". Basically television networks have teamed up with low budget producers to create low costing programs. This translates into ever increasing profits because they no longer have to pay for actors, writers, studio time, etc. However it is outright disgusting the way they exploit the lives of the people on the show and manipulate the context of the video to create misleading and sometimes untruthful biographies which in "reality" do not come even close to "Real Life" depictions.

Actually to some degree this clubber episode amongst the other reality shows is the closest thing to real life mtv has ever produced. And the end result, is that real life is ugly. I am somewhat unable to understand why so many people on this board are outraged by their belief that this show was not a depiction of real life. It appeared very real to me because there were no directors and the post production work seemed only to incorporate titles and cuts, etc. Very minimal and not really done to manipulate the context much as is commonplace in shows such as the bachelor, etc.

Some people have argued that the use of the term "clubber" is somehow now permanently stained and will carry a stigma as a direct result of this show. However I fail to draw the same parallel. Any viewer who would watch the show and come to that conclusion based on the experiences of a few individuals is quite ignorant and judgemental. Idealistically I tend to believe that the average person carries a grain of intelligence and common sense not to make such an erroneous correlation to the term "clubber" and "loser", etc.

With all that said I think the outrage of this board, the clubbing community, etc is misdirected to some degree. People should not be angry at the portrayl of "clubber" on mtv which they think is un common in their community. As mentioned earlier this show is only a symptom of what the bigger problem is. Consumers as a whole should be outraged at the exploitation of individuals as a blatant and greedy attempt of networks to make profits, at the cost of no longer making worthwhile tv shows and putting forth trash tv nationwide.

Originally posted by starvingartist

I know this is a bit late, but since this thread is still alive and most people seem to miss the bigger picture in terms of what the message transmitted by this show means, well I will just add my opinion.

First off, fundamentally this show is a sympton of the ever growing infectious spread of reality tv. To some degree I would not even call it "television". Basically television networks have teamed up with low budget producers to create low costing programs. This translates into ever increasing profits because they no longer have to pay for actors, writers, studio time, etc. However it is outright disgusting the way they exploit the lives of the people on the show and manipulate the context of the video to create misleading and sometimes untruthful biographies which in "reality" do not come even close to "Real Life" depictions.

Actually to some degree this clubber episode amongst the other reality shows is the closest thing to real life mtv has ever produced. And the end result, is that real life is ugly. I am somewhat unable to understand why so many people on this board are outraged by their belief that this show was not a depiction of real life. It appeared very real to me because there were no directors and the post production work seemed only to incorporate titles and cuts, etc. Very minimal and not really done to manipulate the context much as is commonplace in shows such as the bachelor, etc.

Some people have argued that the use of the term "clubber" is somehow now permanently stained and will carry a stigma as a direct result of this show. However I fail to draw the same parallel. Any viewer who would watch the show and come to that conclusion based on the experiences of a few individuals is quite ignorant and judgemental. Idealistically I tend to believe that the average person carries a grain of intelligence and common sense not to make such an erroneous correlation to the term "clubber" and "loser", etc.

With all that said I think the outrage of this board, the clubbing community, etc is misdirected to some degree. People should not be angry at the portrayl of "clubber" on mtv which they think is un common in their community. As mentioned earlier this show is only a symptom of what the bigger problem is. Consumers as a whole should be outraged at the exploitation of individuals as a blatant and greedy attempt of networks to make profits, at the cost of no longer making worthwhile tv shows and putting forth trash tv nationwide.

Well said!! You see the whole picture. I guess the people you should feel sorry for are the people who's lives are exploited at the expense of some lame networks at an attempt to make a quick profit from it.:cool:

Originally posted by starvingartist

if you believe that...

they can make whatever they want happen with editing. from real world to simple life, the producers do have a hand in whats going on in front of the cameras. if they dont like what they tape, they manipulate whats being shown to you.

reality my ass!

Originally posted by nyckitty69

I have been to sf, roxy, and exit many times, not that I'm proud of it, but I went cuz I prefer megaclubs to be honest. They also tend to get the more popular dj's.

As far as stereotyping, respectfully, I disagree with what u said

and this is why:

There is a difference btwn stereotyping african-americans, italians, asians...etc and stereotyping a clubber.

If u'r stereotyping an african american, arab american, or asian, hispanic, etc... those ppl were born that way..they cannot change to another minority. That's a serious social issue, hence affirmative action, trent lott issue...etc They have suffered financially because of the discrimination and stereotyping. It's NOT a choice they made.

If u stereotype a clubber so what, it won't affect your resume, or prospects for a career. Just leave the hard partying lifestyle and clean up u'r act. It may be hard, but you made the choice to begin with. This is not a serious social issue... drug use is, but clubbing per se isn't That's why I don't get so politically correct when I talk about clubbers. It's a choice u made.

And I'm not closed minded.. if there's any minority that is being treated poorly and being discriminated against just because of their names or religion these days it's the middle eastern community, of which I am a part of. We can't blink w/out someone saying "it's anti american" or violating our civil liberties

but that's life.

This has got to be one of the most ignorant statements I've read here.

I'll put it simply, Stereotyping anyone for any reason is not a good thing. Period. Get it? Got it? Good.

Stop trying to justify a certain "type" of stereotyping. That's your definition and everyone will have their own list of acceptable types. The only way to avoid the problem altogether is to not stereotype at all.

Does anyone think the show had an impact on JP leaving? The show cast such a negative light on the club. Not saying it was the overriding cause for JP leaving, but i wonder if this influenced Grant's decision. The timing of the show and the recent announcement seems to coincide.

• 1 month later...

Hey I heard a rumor that patricia from true life is actually dj patricia starr. Is that true or not? I've heard that dj spin before at NV & china club a while ago but I don't think that it's the same person. If you can settle this let me know. My friend swears that the girl patricia from true life i'm a clubber is patricia starr. Thanks.

Originally posted by bacibaci

Hey I heard a rumor that patricia from true life is actually dj patricia starr. Is that true or not? I've heard that dj spin before at NV & china club a while ago but I don't think that it's the same person. If you can settle this let me know. My friend swears that the girl patricia from true life i'm a clubber is patricia starr. Thanks.

Not the same person. Your friend is wrong.