Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Famous Quotes

magilicuti

I wouldn't mind dying in a plane crash. It'd be a good way to go. I don't want to die in my sleep, or of old age, or OD... I want to feel what it's like. I want to taste it, hear it, smell it. Death is only going to happen to you once; I don't want to miss it.

- Jim Morrison, In Death

there are no perfect people, only people with perfect intentions.

The error of confusing cause and effect. There is no more dangerous error than that of mistaking the effect for the cause: I call it the real corruption of reason.

Every mistake in every sense is the effect of the degeneration of instinct, of the disintegration of the will: one could almost define what is bad in this way. All that is good is instinct - and hence easy necessary, free.

- nietzsche

All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare.

Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice.

There is no hope without fear, and no fear without hope.

- spinoza

I know I am intelligent because I know that I know nothing - socrates

The one who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction, is a wise person - bhavagad gita

"without the cold and desolation of winter , there would ne no splendour of spring" - Ho Chi Minh

"When a genuine revolution has been consolidated and when idea and consciousness have begun to bear fruit, no human is indispensable, no matter how important his or her personal contribution may have been" - Fidel Castro

My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.†- Ayn Rand

and

The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.

Salvador Dali

• 2 weeks later...

"a man who says he knows women, truly knows nothing at all..." dgmodel...

"you want something you never had you have to do something you never did..." dgmodel...

"i never asked, cared, gave a fuck, or wanted opinions......i dont say much, because i learned from experience that most dont listen, and those who do listen, say i am bragging... i dont show up often, because most dont care... i dont give much because its taken for granted, and i dont take anything, because i've already had everything..." dgmodel...

"some ppl live to remember, some ppl live to forget some ppl die never having lived at all..." dgmodel...

how can i get these in to rogets book of quotations???

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened."

"It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination."

"Number Two's eyes narrowed and became what are known in the Shouting and Killing People trade as cold slits, the idea presumable being to give your opponent the impression that you have lost your glasses or are having difficulty keeping awake. Why this is frightening is an, as yet, unresolved problem."

A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

- Douglas Adams