Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dark Beat record free give-away...

philippio

Originally posted by rudeboywarrior

you know it surprises me how you can say such things with no regard for anothers feelings. its obvious that you take the time to memorize every track coming down the pike. you know i can't even name half the records in my bag right now so i mark them to know. the thing is i appreciate my music and others music to a point where even if i don't like the particular style or track itself i can still see the labor and thought process used to make it, and i can always truly appreciate that, i never could understand why a person sees the need to tear another person down to pick them selves up. all i do know is that OG is one of the most stand up people i know in miami and whether you or i liked darkbeat or not hundreds of thousands of people can't be wrong for loving it... so there is no need to make distasteful comments about a mans work, a man who has dedicated his life to music, if you don't like it give it to someone that does and move on bro.

:aright:

Originally posted by rudeboywarrior

you know it surprises me how you can say such things with no regard for anothers feelings. its obvious that you take the time to memorize every track coming down the pike. you know i can't even name half the records in my bag right now so i mark them to know. the thing is i appreciate my music and others music to a point where even if i don't like the particular style or track itself i can still see the labor and thought process used to make it, and i can always truly appreciate that, i never could understand why a person sees the need to tear another person down to pick them selves up. all i do know is that OG is one of the most stand up people i know in miami and whether you or i liked darkbeat or not hundreds of thousands of people can't be wrong for loving it... so there is no need to make distasteful comments about a mans work, a man who has dedicated his life to music, if you don't like it give it to someone that does and move on bro.

...:clap: :clap: :clap:...very well stated.

Matt, I'm trying to give it away but nobody wants it! Isn't that ironic? Everyone's bashing me for saying what I said about this track, and everybody loves it but no one wants it. And don't get me wrong, it doesn't make me feel any satisfaction to bash a track for being stupid, sounding like a 6 year old could have made it on Frooty Loops or having such a lame vocal. It hurts me to see where house music has had to progress in order to appeal to the masses.

Originally posted by philippio

Matt, I'm trying to give it away but nobody wants it! Isn't that ironic? Everyone's bashing me for saying what I said about this track, and everybody loves it but no one wants it. And don't get me wrong, it doesn't make me feel any satisfaction to bash a track for being stupid, sounding like a 6 year old could have made it on Frooty Loops or having such a lame vocal. It hurts me to see where house music has had to progress in order to appeal to the masses.

youre still going at this???:eek::laugh::blah: :blah: :blah:

:blown:

Philippio,

For starters....I really don't understand why you have chosen to start bashing "Dark Beat" 2 years after the fact....why doesnt anybody want it? because the thing is 2 years old!!!

If you dont have it by now...forget it...

You have chosen to start shitting on me, my partner, my music, my Djing and the club that I have enjoyed a residency at for 4 years.....That is your choice and you have every right to do it....but let me give you my opinion....

Long before you realized that Trance wasn't your cup of tea and you discovered house via D.T. and his Global Underground CD I was making and playing HOUSE MUSIC....Long before you became the all-knowing poster-child for "real" House I was making and playing HOUSE MUSIC...Long before you had ever even heard of House I was making and playing HOUSE MUSIC Long after you post your petty and childish garbage I will continue to make and play HOUSE MUSIC..

I have posted on this board on and off for a couple of years now...I have made friends and met some interesting people in that time...I have had several disagreements and debates with people but always in a civil and respectful manner....You on the other hand are tactless and completely disrespectful and have brought this board to an all time low....as a matter of fact this will most likely be my last post....I always treat people with respect (no matter who they are) and I expect the same in return....I don't have the time nor the desire to have to deal with a frustrated, bitter ,(just discovered house a few years ago but I know everything about it) type of person who only hurts our scene...

The funny thing is you claim to support the locals...but only the ones you see fit, or the ones that aren't as popular at the moment....You see I take a differet path...I truly support the locals...ALL OF THEM.....and they can tell you that better than anyone....Ralph and I have been doing our thing since 1991...waaaayyyy before this club scene exploded and waaayyyy before anyone even thought of playing HOUSE in a club all night....We have done nothing but try to put Miami on the HOUSE MUSIC map....Long before the WMC became the HUGE event it has become Ralph and I were doing MURK parties with Masters at Work, Danny Tenaglia and Todd Terry (all in one night) to expose the Miami scene to this music that we love so much...

anyway...

I have wasted way too much time on you already...

Let me just say...as far as "Dark Beat"

I know when my friends and heroes such as Danny Tenaglia, David Morales, Junior Vasquez, Steve Lawler, Deep Dish, Sander Kleinenberg, Satoshi Tomei, Doc Marten, Pete Tong, Sasha and countless others take me aside, or e-mail me, or call me just to say how much they loved that song...that is more than enough for me....

When I play that song just about anywhere on the planet and people sing along word for word...that is more than enough for me....

When my friends and peers locally tell me how much they liked our song and how much they supported it and played it...that is more than plenty for me...

so you see...your approval is really not necessary nor wanted....actually it is totally meaningless...

I hope you eventually realize how to help the scene instead of hurting it with your negativity...I think your heart may be in the right place....but you are talking out of your ass...

peace out yall'

O.G.

:cool:

P.S.:Marcos and Carla your site looks awesome...very informative...keep up the good work!!!

P.S.S.:Cue it gave me goose bumps watching you play "Fired Up" on the terrace the other morning...thanks you rock!

P.S.S.S: That "Miami's Best Dj Poll" was ridiculous and of course was placed there only for Philippio to have an opprtunity to disrespect a select group of DJs who have worked very hard and paid alot of dues to get somewhere....

Originally posted by djoscarg

Philippio,

For starters....I really don't understand why you have chosen to start bashing "Dark Beat" 2 years after the fact....why doesnt anybody want it? because the thing is 2 years old!!!

If you dont have it by now...forget it...

You have chosen to start shitting on me, my partner, my music, my Djing and the club that I have enjoyed a residency at for 4 years.....That is your choice and you have every right to do it....but let me give you my opinion....

Long before you realized that Trance wasn't your cup of tea and you discovered house via D.T. and his Global Underground CD I was making and playing HOUSE MUSIC....Long before you became the all-knowing poster-child for "real" House I was making and playing HOUSE MUSIC...Long before you had ever even heard of House I was making and playing HOUSE MUSIC Long after you post your petty and childish garbage I will continue to make and play HOUSE MUSIC..

I have posted on this board on and off for a couple of years now...I have made friends and met some interesting people in that time...I have had several disagreements and debates with people but always in a civil and respectful manner....You on the other hand are tactless and completely disrespectful and have brought this board to an all time low....as a matter of fact this will most likely be my last post....I always treat people with respect (no matter who they are) and I expect the same in return....I don't have the time nor the desire to have to deal with a frustrated, bitter ,(just discovered house a few years ago but I know everything about it) type of person who only hurts our scene...

The funny thing is you claim to support the locals...but only the ones you see fit, or the ones that aren't as popular at the moment....You see I take a differet path...I truly support the locals...ALL OF THEM.....and they can tell you that better than anyone....Ralph and I have been doing our thing since 1991...waaaayyyy before this club scene exploded and waaayyyy before anyone even thought of playing HOUSE in a club all night....We have done nothing but try to put Miami on the HOUSE MUSIC map....Long before the WMC became the HUGE event it has become Ralph and I were doing MURK parties with Masters at Work, Danny Tenaglia and Todd Terry (all in one night) to expose the Miami scene to this music that we love so much...

anyway...

I have wasted way too much time on you already...

Let me just say...as far as "Dark Beat"

I know when my friends and heroes such as Danny Tenaglia, David Morales, Junior Vasquez, Steve Lawler, Deep Dish, Sander Kleinenberg, Satoshi Tomei, Doc Marten, Pete Tong, Sasha and countless others take me aside, or e-mail me, or call me just to say how much they loved that song...that is more than enough for me....

When I play that song just about anywhere on the planet and people sing along word for word...that is more than enough for me....

When my friends and peers locally tell me how much they liked our song and how much they supported it and played it...that is more than plenty for me...

so you see...your approval is really not necessary nor wanted....actually it is totally meaningless...

I hope you eventually realize how to help the scene instead of hurting it with your negativity...I think your heart may be in the right place....but you are talking out of your ass...

peace out yall'

O.G.

:cool:

P.S.:Marcos and Carla your site looks awesome...very informative...keep up the good work!!!

P.S.S.:Cue it gave me goose bumps watching you play "Fired Up" on the terrace the other morning...thanks you rock!

P.S.S.S: That "Miami's Best Dj Poll" was ridiculous and of course was placed there only for Philippio to have an opprtunity to disrespect a select group of DJs who have worked very hard and paid alot of dues to get somewhere....

OUCH....preach on brotha!!!

Oscar, I didn't know the track came out 2 years ago. It's not a song that I would listen to. I have heard it in clubs before I just didn't know who produced it. I thought what they sent me was new mixes of it or something. But I suppose that explains why no one wants it.

As long as I've been into dance music and DJing (since 92), Murk has been synonymous with true underground house.

Murk are probably the most respected house producers in the US

Phillipio you should be honored just to have OG respond to you.

When Dark Beat was fresh it was EVERYONE's tune of the moment. It was electro, 80's, heavy, infectuous, in other words pure dance music production genious...coming from a Miami local just made it that much better...classic Space moments when that tune was dropped...but you wouldn't understand

Just because it's been played everywhere and all the time doesn't undermine it's value

the only thing cheesy here is you

Whats up with all this "real" House music BS? Why is Progressive House not real House? Why is the House music coming out of Miami not real House?

If we are to go by your definition then The Beatles, The Stones, and Pink Floyd are not "real" Rock music like Elvis or Bill Haley and The Comets, or Buddy Holly. .

Florida has had just as long a history with different types of House music as California has. Both states were among the first in the country to embrace Progressive House, while at the same time embracing and experimenting with other forms of House music.

The truth is there are several different sounds and categories of "real" House music, that's part of what helps make it interesting to listen to in the first place. Even in the early days of Chicago and New York not all House records sounded the same, and I'm sure you know this.

The cock-suckers at Hooj sent me a comp copy of this garbage. It's on Twisted (Mukstrumental and Monster mixes). It's currently polluting my record box and I must get rid of it before it's toxicity becomes intolerable.

PM me if you want it for free. Mint condition (each side played only once, that's all it took before I quarantined it).

:D:hat: thank you.

damn usually i just sit back and say nah phillipo is just being silly but wtf this comment is out of line

The cock-suckers at Hooj sent me a comp copy of this garbage. It's on Twisted (Mukstrumental and Monster mixes). It's currently polluting my record box and I must get rid of it before it's toxicity becomes intolerable.

PM me if you want it for free. Mint condition (each side played only once, that's all it took before I quarantined it).

:D:hat: thank you.

you have seriously got to be the biggest F_kin' idiot to grace this board!

All I Have to say Philippio is :

"Fired Up" in The Movie "Like Mike"

$$$BLING BLING$$$

"Fired Up" in The Sapranos

$$$BLING BLING$$$

Making a CD For Sugglers Run For Playstation2

$$$BLING BLING$$$

Some Sport Arenas Playing "Fired Up" across the country

$$$BLING BLING$$$

Plus everybody and there mother wanting to remix DARK BEAT

$$$BLING BLING$$$

"SOME LOVIN" Hitting Number #1

$$$BLING BLING$$$

"DARKBEAT" Hitting Number #1

$$$BLING BLING$$$

Dj Eddie S clapping in Darkbeat "Ooops"

Dj Eddie S. Supporting MURK so they could Make the

$$$BLING BLING$$$

Everybody wanting to Remix it "DARKBEAT"

$$$BLING BLING$$$

Getting on Billboard Charts does mean something!!

$$$BLING BLINGGGGGGGGGG$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Philippio Posting in Club Planet

BROKE AND WHO GIVES A FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only "BLING BLING" your going to hear is your

DOOR RINGING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paz

Dj Eddie S.:laugh:

You know what, I would be glad to take that record off your hands. I am still starting up my vinyl ocllection and i would be honored to have that record. after i saw the looks on teenagers and adults alike light up when that record came on (IN ANY REMIX OR THE ORIGINAL), I knew from the beginning that it was something special. in my opinion, there are few tracks i have heard that got people going like that track.

Phillipio..I know you bash what you dont understand or like, but since i both understand and like that track, I would appreciate consideration for it. PM me if you still have it.

PS---

OG- as a respected dj that started from the bottom and worked your way up as a pioneer of the miami House scene, congratulations on your past, and good luck with the future. I cannot wait to hear your next big hits!

SpaceCadet