Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Metrosexual

D.Schwartz

I've heard this term being used and immense amount of times in the past few months.. I personally have been called one.. From what i hear, its basically a straight guy with gay qualities. Now as i understand it.. Things change...... Maybe I'm wrong.. thats is why im anticipating criticism, BUT... In 1960's TV's Were HUGE and COLORLESS.... and thats fine.. cause for 1960, having a TV was still awesome.... BUT.. in 2004 we have TV's that fit in ur palm and display redic Colors.... In 1960's women's expections of men were small and colorless... In most cases as long as he was loyal and provided a living, he was GOOD TO GO!.... Today, in Urban NYC, i believe that those requirements have changed.....This is from a 22 yr old's perspective, perchance at a different age i'm wrong.. But i'm referring to my generation. At 22 i notice that most women that i know, or dealt with want more than just a provider.. They want art,culture,emotions, and a few other "GAY" qualities.. So I like to work out, i love clothes, i love nice things, i'm materialistic when it comes to ME, i love feeling good. I take care of my body, I shave my body so it could be smooth, etc, and i try to understand my woman on every level.. That qualifies me as a metrosexual?

Guest gabo
Originally posted by NYC Hunk

I've heard this term being used and immense amount of times in the past few months.. I personally have been called one.. From what i hear, its basically a straight guy with gay qualities. Now as i understand it.. Things change...... Maybe I'm wrong.. thats is why im anticipating criticism, BUT... In 1960's TV's Were HUGE and COLORLESS.... and thats fine.. cause for 1960, having a TV was still awesome.... BUT.. in 2004 we have TV's that fit in ur palm and display redic Colors.... In 1960's women's expections of men were small and colorless... In most cases as long as he was loyal and provided a living, he was GOOD TO GO!.... Today, in Urban NYC, i believe that those requirements have changed.....This is from a 22 yr old's perspective, perchance at a different age i'm wrong.. But i'm referring to my generation. At 22 i notice that most women that i know, or dealt with want more than just a provider.. They want art,culture,emotions, and a few other "GAY" qualities.. So I like to work out, i love clothes, i love nice things, i'm materialistic when it comes to ME, i love feeling good. I take care of my body, I shave my body so it could be smooth, etc, and i try to understand my woman on every level.. That qualifies me as a metrosexual?

I am sorry but everytime i hear that word I cringe.

i think a lot of men just need to learn basic hygiene. this is all just a backlash from all the women tired of their men with overgrown hair(on any body part), dirty fingernails, dirty ears, smelly feet, etc. it's not so much in nyc, but all over the country. i think a happy medium is best. get a haircut, trim your nails, trim your pubes, shave, and don't stink. as for style, if you have it, fine, if not ask someone that does.

So I like to work out, i love clothes, i love nice things, i'm materialistic when it comes to ME, i love feeling good. I take care of my body, I shave my body so it could be smooth, etc, and i try to understand my woman on every level.. That qualifies me as a metrosexual?

fuck... your the posterboy.

but who the fuck cares, girls love it, and you care about how you look.... cool

the term is stupid, but so is the whole bias against gays .... but Im long past giving a shit what others label me.

the term is stupid, but so is the whole bias against gays .... but Im long past giving a shit what others label me.

Damn straight!

Okay yeah maybe the term is a lil crazy...But a lot of my guy friends and my bf are considered "metrosexual"....I personally think its wicked hot.....I mean a guy who takes care of himself and is a lil girly, nothin better in my eyes! Metrosexual doesnt necessarily mean youre not manly either just means you have "gay" qualities and are maybe a lil feminine....Theres nothing wrong with that :-D

The term sucks.....The sound of it is a turn-off within itself

The fact that guys are now investing a lot more time in taking care of themselves is def. a good thing, and there's NO problem with that....But....I would rather a guy who likes to get his hands dirty instead of one who would want to join me for a manicure (Some guys just take it too far)

Originally posted by sweetie029

(Some guys just take it too far)

That is it right there. Some guys are out of hand and should be labeled as metro-sexuals...I for one like nice things and take care of myself but I also don't take 2 hours to get ready before I go out or have to check the mirror every two fucking seconds. Some guys take it to the extreme and it pisses me the fuck off.

Metro-, Homo-, Heterosexual -- who cares?

The only thing that matters is: ARE YOU SATISFIED? That is, do you fuck the people you want to fuck? If positive -- your life has sense and being X-sexual is your right way to get satisfaction. If not -- well, your life does not have much sense and you might have to change the mode of your sexuality.

Originally posted by druwishprincez

Damn straight!

Okay yeah maybe the term is a lil crazy...But a lot of my guy friends and my bf are considered "metrosexual"....I personally think its wicked hot.....I mean a guy who takes care of himself and is a lil girly, nothin better in my eyes! Metrosexual doesnt necessarily mean youre not manly either just means you have "gay" qualities and are maybe a lil feminine....Theres nothing wrong with that :-D

Taking care of yourself is one thing. Clothes are one thing. But acting girly and a lil feminine...Ummmmm NO!

Dude,

Congratulations on modifying your screen name. I guess you hated being known as "NY Chunk".:tongue: