Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Am I the only rap fan on this board?

I'm not talkin' LL Cool J or DMX. I'm talkin' the grimey hard core shit. Underground Major Figgas. The A-Team. Underground Eminem. Stretch Armstong shit. Mix Tapes. Wu-tang (Not Method Man - he's a sell out).

Just wondering. That's all I listen to.

Johnny Blaze "ain't a damn thing changed"

YO!! YO!! YO!! YO!! YO!! YO!! YO!! YO!! YO!!

No.....

I'll dance to rap at clubs but I never listen to it at home. I can dance it real good too but... Sorry, I'm a rock head. I do like hard core grimey rock if you care? =)

------------------

"Life is a drink... Don't guzzle it down, learn to savor every moment..."

ken98_2s.jpg

-Ricfutures

old school wutang is the shit. 7th chamber, the sickest wu joint. i hear that and i spit every damn verse. gets me pumped. lately they been weak, but nov.21 the new joint is gonna drop and its gonna be sick.

Shaolin forever.

peace

------------------

~~ TrYpDaLyTeFaNtAsTiC ~~

How the hell are you?....I am rolling!, rollliiinng.

The first rap album I ever bought was "Return to the 36 Chambers", by the Wu-Tang Clan..... my sophomore year roommate, who grew up in Bridgeport, CT, turned me onto it. I really haven't heard anything as good since, besides other releases from the Wu individually (N2gether Now by Bizkit/Methodman is _sick_; Liquids Swords by RZA/GZA; and the soundtrack to "Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai" (lots of RZA, I think)).

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

Guest crystalmethodny

Tribe Called Quest

De La Soul

Old Skool Biggie Smalls

Guru

Black Sheep

yadda yadda

smile.gif

"Wha wha?"

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

"A vibe is a terrible thing to waste, finding one is as rare as gold in the Cali mountains." - Moi

Originally posted by pinkpussykat:

Your not alone johnny. I'm into the dirty south though. It's gunna be real hard to find anyone into the real depths of hip hop on here, no offense, but most these people are preppys gone druggie.

dirty south rap is disgusting....it is the most ghetto music ever...if you can even call it music. you are not a true new yorker if you like that shit

"Straight from the cannon!!" Chub Rock baby!!

"Low Down Gritty and Grimey---Shifty!!"

Onyx

yo.. no love for Ice Cube? "Big D's in your mouth are bad for your health!!--- Nappy headed dugout!!!" "Trick get off the wood, you're no good, there's goes the neighborhood!!"

"Microphone check!!! Mika Microphone Checka!!" Das FX

Pharcyde anyone?

"Shake that ass girl... make that coochie wet..." Forgot who sings this one... Yo they played it in the hip hop room in Limelight once... all the chicks didn't know what to do.. they all froze.... LOL Then they snapped outta it and started dancing again LOL

"Had it up to the rooftops ridin' the D train, when this man sitin' next to me was so profane to stick his finger up his nose, nearly to his brain... woah.. I was just about, when all of a sudden home boy just pulled out a big green slimey, nah I'm not even gonna say it, but it woulda weighed a pound if ya tried to way it..."

"Milk is chillin, Gizz is chillin, what more can I say, top billin!!"

"I stole your girl while you were in prison!!"

"If yer girl's outta line , it's your girl I slap!!"

yo yo... member this one.. "My mind is playin' trix on me... Day by day it's more impossible to cope... I feel like I'm the one that's doin' dope..." Ghetto Boyz.....

oh shit... member the Flava Flav shit? 911 is jokin yo town? some shit like that... the video cracked me up... All that other shit?!?

Don't forget your Reggae peoples.. cause "I'm broader than Broadway!!"

I'd even throw in Beastie boys and Run DMC... for some a that old school flava!!

Member Grand Puba? (boy did he ever fall off)

MC Lyte? "Push it.. .push it real good" Salt and Pepa..

Member Yo yo... and Queen Latifah? "Don't try to play me out... don't try to play me out... playin' with my yo-yo!!"

"Who you callin' a bitch? U-N-I-T-Y.... You better let em know, U-N-I-T-Y"

-------------------------------------

Yo.. Blaze, Method may be a sellout, but nobody can fuck with is flow... Outta the Wu, he's at the top...

Yo.. whatever happened to ODB? he get arrested again or some shit?

Riza gets the Giza out these nuts LOL buahahaha!!!

------ONE--------

------------------

gohanssj2.gifdancingbaby.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

<Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!!> <I got the glow, baby!!

Can ya feel it?!? Now back up and give me some dancin' room!!>

--- When the Artful speaks

Originally posted by ricfutures:

YO!! YO!! YO!! YO!! YO!! YO!! YO!! YO!! YO!!

No.....

I'll dance to rap at clubs but I never listen to it at home. I can dance it real good too but... Sorry, I'm a rock head. I do like hard core grimey rock if you care? =)

wtf did ya get the G-Force pic? Damn that brings back memories...

------------------

gohanssj2.gifdancingbaby.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

<Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!!> <I got the glow, baby!!

Can ya feel it?!? Now back up and give me some dancin' room!!>

--- When the Artful speaks

I love all that shit, except booty-Southern shit.

Wu-Tang, oldschool old Tupac and any Biggie, old Tribe, etc.

Say what you want about Method Man, he is still one of the best rhymers. I don't care that he sold out, at least he's talented.

i used to be a big hip hop fan...socrates,m.o.p.,co-flo,adejio,constant deviants,hillfigaz,ram squad,l the head toucha,rawkotics...so on and so on.it just seems like everbody always talkin about the same shit...

------------------

"massive rays of energy"

I just did a search on Yahoo for "Gforce". I think it was one of the greatest cartoons ever. Glad it struck a chord with someone...

Originally posted by artful:

wtf did ya get the G-Force pic? Damn that brings back memories...

------------------

"Life is a drink... Don't guzzle it down, learn to savor every moment..."

ken98_2s.jpg

-Ricfutures

[This message has been edited by ricfutures (edited 10-20-2000).]

im a little disappointed here, all these posts from new yorkers, the home of hip hop, and no mention of EPMD, Kool G Rap & Dj Polo, Show Biz & AG, Diamond D, Jeru the Damaga...and the list goes on...regardless, Guru & Primo can't be beat...

peace

------------------

conflict is what i predict...

i miss old tribe called quest there first 3 albums were off da hook then they started to get cheesy but i still luved them

can i kick it yes u can....

------------------

YANKEES WIN THEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived