Clubplanet Nightlife Community

+++ Passion of the Christ +++

Felix_Leiter

The most powerful movie I have ever seen. 2 hours in length but felt much longer. It was mesmerizing and I give Mel Gibson so much credit for having that much courage to create this movie. I believe it should win Picture of the Year but won't due to the controversery surrounding it. Cinematography was top notch and well as the emotion put into it. It is the realest depiction of Christ's last hours and everyone should watch this movie. It is THAT important. Please do not listen to all the naysayers. Go watch it yourself and formulate your own opinion. Also, the musical score is one of the best I have ever heard.

Originally posted by Ronin

this movie is not important at all. Religion is the biggest joke ever.

well for a non-religious person such as yourself...it is highly recommended due to the incredible cinematography and work put into this movie....at any rate..religious or non-religious ..the movie can be appreciated by anyone

religion might seem pretty much like bs to us now but back in the day it made the world go round just like big corperations do today. back then it was went kept ppl in check and what kept society running and that's what's important. (religion is somewhat the reason why we are in terror alert all the time)

i think i rather ppl praise "god" rather then justin timerberlake anyway.

Originally posted by mssabina

i heard it's really graphic and violent... i'm not really interested in seeing it, all the hype and drama over it made me completely lose interest... i think people are making way too big of a fuss over it than necessary.

i also tend to get skeptical when people make too big a fuss..but i have never seen anything like it before..it was hypnotizing

Originally posted by magilicuti

religion might seem pretty much like bs to us now but back in the day it made the world go round just like big corperations do today. back then it was went kept ppl in check and what kept society running and that's what's important. (religion is somewhat the reason why we are in terror alert all the time)

i think i rather ppl praise "god" rather then justin timerberlake anyway.

...Religion also provided for the moral base that led to the law structure that allows you the freedoms, and contractual protection in this country today. It still is very much a central theme in American politics (duh), and probably always will be until the aliens come down and kick our asses...

I'm somewhat intrigued to see this movie, but I may be waiting for it to come out on DVD...

I wanna see this movie but the hype surrounding it and the way people are handling it are is pissing me off. People are going to see it for educational purposes...I watch MSNBC or Fox News and they show people coming out talking about how they wanted to take their kids to show them how it was, bla bla bla. Its a movie people...if you want to learn about it there is this book called the Bible that tells all about it. And go figure...its better in detail and accuracy than any movie ever will be. I'm not much of a religious person, but I did read the bible when I was going through a tough time after my fiance's death a couple of years ago. I'm not saying everyone needs to read the bible, but if your trying to teach your kids about the death of Crhist and all that or are learning for yourself, how about reading the bible, not going to a Mel Gibson movie. I guess thats what our society has come to.

Originally posted by smokesum

The most powerful movie I have ever seen. 2 hours in length but felt much longer. It was mesmerizing and I give Mel Gibson so much credit for having that much courage to create this movie. I believe it should win Picture of the Year but won't due to the controversery surrounding it. Cinematography was top notch and well as the emotion put into it. It is the realest depiction of Christ's last hours and everyone should watch this movie. It is THAT important. Please do not listen to all the naysayers. Go watch it yourself and formulate your own opinion. Also, the musical score is one of the best I have ever heard.

did you really see it???

Originally posted by bbbooom

no one knows what is last hours were like

im pretty sure jesus, has a vague idea...

Originally posted by smokesum

you got a point..

it is the realest depiction of his last hours according to the Bible

yowzah... lets see what all the hullabaloo is about...