Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NY Radio Sux

Is anyone else out there extremely dismayed by the lack of decent radio stations in the metro NY area. I mean, there is not one station that looks to bring something new and fresh the table, whether it be dance or even undergound rock. There are no risk takers, no cutting edge new artists. You certainly won't hear Z100 finding the next Pearl Jam, they play the same 20 songs over and over and over again. 92.7 WLIR was the last small hope of looking for some new talent and a new sound, but they sold out over a year ago, and then sold their numbers to a spanish station.

I think the only answer is to get XM or Sirius at this point.

:(

Originally posted by silverbull

the only radio station i hear is KROCK. And sat nights krock ahs some good house music on. Last night ori from satallite was spinning. Also listen to KISS fm when they play deep house and morales on ktu fridays then thast it.

Hey silverbull... Krock - Solid state. Totally agree. Too bad I never get a chance to listen to it.

VIC LATINO AND THE RIDDLER!!!!!!!!!!

dont even laugh or deny it because you know they are good and you KNOW they get you pumped on the drive into nyc!!!

I would however, LOVE a radio station like 93.1 party maimi pure dance channel :) :)

or berlin radio is pretty solid as well

Originally posted by xxrachael1xx

VIC LATINO AND THE RIDDLER!!!!!!!!!!

dont even laugh or deny it because you know they are good and you KNOW they get you pumped on the drive into nyc!!!

I would however, LOVE a radio station like 93.1 party maimi pure dance channel :) :)

or berlin radio is pretty solid as well

Actually, The Riddler isn't bad! I agree.

Originally posted by jayroberts

Is anyone else out there extremely dismayed by the lack of decent radio stations in the metro NY area. I mean, there is not one station that looks to bring something new and fresh the table, whether it be dance or even undergound rock. There are no risk takers, no cutting edge new artists. You certainly won't hear Z100 finding the next Pearl Jam, they play the same 20 songs over and over and over again. 92.7 WLIR was the last small hope of looking for some new talent and a new sound, but they sold out over a year ago, and then sold their numbers to a spanish station.

I think the only answer is to get XM or Sirius at this point.

:(

welcome to America man.