• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the New York Post:

4 O.D. AT CLUB

By TATIANA DELIGIANNAKIS and DAN MANGAN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

news03150407a.jpg

PARTY'S OVER: Clubgoers leave Black as police arrive to investigate drug use at the club early yesterday morning.

March 15, 2004 -- Four people were hospitalized for drug overdoses at the hot Hell's Kitchen dance club Black yesterday morning, authorities said.

The incident came within a week of reports that city officials want to shut down Black - formerly known as Club Exit - and another notorious nightclub because they've both been linked to drugs.

Emergency workers were called at 8:35 a.m. to Black at 11th Avenue and West 56th Street in Manhattan, said a Fire Department spokesman.

About two hours later, two men in the club were taken by ambulance to St. Vincent's of Midtown with drug overdoses, and two women also suffering from overdoses were taken to Roosevelt Medical Center, according to the FDNY.

The victims' identities, ages and conditions were not disclosed, nor were the drugs they had been taking. Police shut down the party that had been going on at the club.

"I saw a girl in really bad shape. She was sprawled out like a puddle of water on a stretcher," said clubgoer Paul Bianco, 25, of New Jersey. "I'm surprised this happened at this party. Security was really tight and they thoroughly searched people for drugs."

Thousands of revelers paying up to $60 admission each had crammed into Black's converted warehouse space to celebrate the club's renaming with a party that began at 10 p.m. Saturday night and was scheduled to end yesterday afternoon.

The shindig was hosted by Jonathan Peters, a DJ who also was celebrating his birthday. Peters is well known for his turntable work at the Sound Factory, a Midtown club that was raided and shut down last week.

"Jonathan Peters throws great parties. He spins house music - it's the kind of music people on drugs like to listen to," said a 24-year-old patron from Brooklyn who identified himself as Nick B.

"I'm really pissed off that they raided the party. I spent a lot of money to get in. The last thing I wanted was to get thrown out by the cops."

On Thursday, a state appellate court ruled that police officers who had allegedly made undercover drug purchases at the former Club Exit must be allowed to testify in a way that shielded their identities in open court.

That decision came in connection with an ongoing effort by New York City officials to have the club legally declared a nuisance because of narcotics dealing there, and be closed.

Sound Factory was raided last week by cops and federal agents who arrested the owner and two top security officers on charges of allowing drug peddling in the club.

A lawyer for the club's owner, Richard Grant, said Grant was willing to close Sound Factory as a condition of his bail. The city had tried several times to get Sound Factory closed as a nuisance.

http://nypost.com/news/regionalnews/20838.htm

Guest amd

I just don't get it...i went at 10:30 to 5:30. Drank, got drunk, danced, had a great fucking time...why does everyone always have to become a mess. Doesn't it get old. I started at Tunnel and Factory in 97. Been over 2 years since I did anything at all, and what i used to do was nothing compared to what people are doing today, but I still go to clubs every single weekend. I think to many people have forgotten about the music. By the way...the vibe was great up to I left (5:30), then I don't know what the hell happened, but it must have changed big time according to all these posts.

Guest amd

And one more thing....everyone says JP is crack-head. Fine, he might do drugs, but I was very close friends with Richard, and used to be in the booth for vertually whole nights at factory with him and jonathan, and I never saw JP do anything while spinning. Secondly, with the way the booth at black is designed, if did anything at all, including looking at his watch the whole place could see him. There are windows all around him, and the whole front is open to the main floor.

Originally posted by amd

I just don't get it...i went at 10:30 to 5:30. Drank, got drunk, danced, had a great fucking time...why does everyone always have to become a mess. Doesn't it get old. I started at Tunnel and Factory in 97. Been over 2 years since I did anything at all, and what i used to do was nothing compared to what people are doing today, but I still go to clubs every single weekend. I think to many people have forgotten about the music. By the way...the vibe was great up to I left (5:30), then I don't know what the hell happened, but it must have changed big time according to all these posts.

I left at about 5:30 also, and I didn't see any of the blatant drug use or people passing out that everyone else is describing. I guess everything took a turn for the worse after 6.

Originally posted by mcsnifferson

The biggest culprit is G. Enough said. Stop doing it.

AGREED! Leave the G at home you fuckin' idiots! Very, very, few can manage it successfully at the club. If you do it and are careless or haven't educated yourself you have NO PLACE in our scene whatsoever. PERIOD!

Originally posted by amd

Secondly, with the way the booth at black is designed, if did anything at all, including looking at his watch the whole place could see him. There are windows all around him, and the whole front is open to the main floor.

wait..so ur saying u can see when he fires up the Apple Laptop and goes to take a nap ??

I didnt see anything either. I thought the vibe was great. I havent had that much fun in a couple years. JP was definetly on point....with every song. I left at 7:30 cause my friends wanted to bounce. I couldve stayed and danced all afternoon. Oh and guess what? I WAS DEAD SOBER. have been for a long time.

I go to hear JP spin and thats it. People need to to stop being so selfish, youre ruining it for everyone!

Originally posted by Drunk

"Jonathan Peters throws great parties. He spins house music - it's the kind of music people on drugs like to listen to," said a 24-year-old patron from Brooklyn who identified himself as Nick B.

liessss lieeesss lieees...that whole paragraph is one big lieeeeeeee

my question is how did these idiots get the g in the place...I haven't been to Exit in years, but the last time I was there security was pretty much giving guys prostrate exams at the door and girls were being searched just as hard...

I am getting old...I remember days of sneaking the little .99 cent bottles of yagereister or another type of liquor into clubs just to save a few bucks at the bar....times surely change...

I agree that it must have gotten really bad after 6am.... I was there till 5am and it was AWESOME. Great vibe, great music, the club looked fantastic. Even the dancers dressed in black (which looked like statues) were really cool.

I did not see any problems while I was there. But then, towards 5am it got so ultra crowded that I left... people were starting to walk all over the sofas and tables.... it was way too packed.

BTW, I saw a lot of people in jeans and t-shirts.... I was more dressed up so I got picked out of the line and brought into the club much faster.... I only paid $40.

I am wondering what will happen now?