Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Love Vs Sex

Guest millie19

Guest millie19

I arrived at this site, looking for a forum about love! When I came in I figured that this section is actually all about sex. I have lost the thread I was looking for, which was asking if someone has experienced true love, what was it like?

Anyway, enough natter!

Every time I fall madly in love (only once, actually!), I've looked back and in confusion as to whether it was love or lust, or something else. I mean, when I "thought" I was in love, I would:

a) want to see that person first thing in the morning, and before hitting the sack at night

B) can not live without that person, or wash them out of my hair!

c) loved being in their arms, would always fantasise about sex with that person

d) want always to see them happy

e) could forgive them for absolutely anything and everything

f) can't stop thinking about them, although mostly in a sexual way

The reason I thought I misdiagnosed what was really lust, or even a love of being in love/fear of being alone, was because our best communication was between the sheets and not very verbal! Also, the fact that it seems impossible for us to be platonic friends, and not just bedroom lovers!

Where do we draw the line between love and lust? Is there a line to be drawn? Does sexual chemistry precede love anyway? Is lust a sure consequence of love? Are they inseparable, or can they exist in isolation?

You may find this thread boring, in which case leave it!

But if someone has experienced love which is more than "someone you want always to be happy", "someone whose company you love", or "someone who's a good friend", I would like to know if true love does exist. I guess it's like saying - does the perfect man exist? Brains as well as balls. Just kidding.

There's not really any point to this post. I'm just bored!

that picture you attached...is that you? if yes, you look pretty :)

IMO lust is often a precursor to love but is not necessary for two ppl. to continue being in love with each other. im sure there are plenty of old ppl. out there who havent had even the urge to have sex in years but are still very much in love with each other.

just my $0.02.

PS: i think the picture in my signature is somewhat relevant to this thread ;)

Originally posted by millie19

I arrived at this site, looking for a forum about love! When I came in I figured that this section is actually all about sex. I have lost the thread I was looking for, which was asking if someone has experienced true love, what was it like?

Anyway, enough natter!

Every time I fall madly in love (only once, actually!), I've looked back and in confusion as to whether it was love or lust, or something else. I mean, when I "thought" I was in love, I would:

a) want to see that person first thing in the morning, and before hitting the sack at night

B) can not live without that person, or wash them out of my hair!

c) loved being in their arms, would always fantasise about sex with that person

d) want always to see them happy

e) could forgive them for absolutely anything and everything

f) can't stop thinking about them, although mostly in a sexual way

The reason I thought I misdiagnosed what was really lust, or even a love of being in love/fear of being alone, was because our best communication was between the sheets and not very verbal! Also, the fact that it seems impossible for us to be platonic friends, and not just bedroom lovers!

Where do we draw the line between love and lust? Is there a line to be drawn? Does sexual chemistry precede love anyway? Is lust a sure consequence of love? Are they inseparable, or can they exist in isolation?

You may find this thread boring, in which case leave it!

But if someone has experienced love which is more than "someone you want always to be happy", "someone whose company you love", or "someone who's a good friend", I would like to know if true love does exist. I guess it's like saying - does the perfect man exist? Brains as well as balls. Just kidding.

There's not really any point to this post. I'm just bored!

I think you and tastey will get along famously, just a hunch.

Originally posted by sexxyh

all i know is that the best relationships are the ones where are friends first...

i agree. when each has truly earned the other's trust is when both are free to fall into the best kind of love there is.

I never thought people would actually look at this thread. I feel so loved online. I actually thought, when you guys asked who the attachment was you were referring to me. But obviously the huge signature in the nice pink lingerie! But the small pic was me.

Well, the person I mentioned ended up dumping me because we weren't meeting up often enough, which was true. Also we didn't have a bed in our relationship anymore, which didn't help.

But after that I literally went crazy, and was actually driven to misery! Which maybe means I had a bit of true love going on, according to granny's advice!

The thing about "being friends first" I find doesn't work. There is like a completely different approach to dating and being true friends, isn't there? And once you do have a platonic friendship, it's hard to see that person as more than a brother/sister, or break to them that you seem them as more than a friend in case it ruins your friendship and s/he doesn't feel the same way!

There's just a huge difference in the way you speak to and look at and feel with a lover, compared to a good friend, which is not interchangeable. You don't play mind games with your romantic interest, or tell them the worst, most embarrassing details of your daily life? And you usually chat to your friends about your relationship, dissecting every thought you have about it - you can't directly talk to the person you're going out with about certain things, otherwise they'd think you were obsessed and weird.

Maybe I just try and seem immaculate, faultless and problem-free when I'm going out with someone, almost putting on a front & trying to be the perfect g/f. When really, I should let my hair down and be the faulty goods that I am? Then I guess that would lead to true love, someone who accepts you for everything you are. Hmm...

:hat:

True love to me is when you constantly get drunk at a bar and fight in front of all of your friends who want nothing to do with the situation yet you drag them into it every time and they have to try and break it up when you start dragging her across the street by her hair. Yet at the end of the night you pass out in each other's arms and in the morning she cooks you breakfast and pretends nothing ever happened

:love:

Originally posted by nomembername

True love to me is when you constantly get drunk at a bar and fight in front of all of your friends who want nothing to do with the situation yet you drag them into it every time and they have to try and break it up when you start dragging her across the street by her hair. Yet at the end of the night you pass out in each other's arms and in the morning she cooks you breakfast and pretends nothing ever happened

:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

now that is TRU luv...

Chokin' your wife all in front of your peeps

She toss a brick through the window of your Jeep

They back together by the end of the week

That's so sweet

:heart:

Guest millie19

Agh. Guy friends and boyfriends aren't ever interchangeable and don't lead onto each other, either way! If that makes sense!

my bf is my best friend and could be that even if i was not in love with him because i will always love him. theres a diff between loving someone and being in love, but if you truly love someone i think you'd know it, you wouldn't have to wonder. i would jump in front of a gun or a car or whatever without even thinking about it if it would save him. complete selflessness (when its called for) shows you really love someone.