Clubplanet Nightlife Community

P:M Sessions Anni w/ Chloé Harris - Review

djcarlosf

First off, let me say I feel bad that we left early, but we were all exhausted. For the first time in a club i was actually fallin asleep. Not due to the music cuz it kicked ass. It was dark and nasty :) chloe and Preston were awesome. I think there was something in the A/C quite frankly that made us all sleepy. Becuase i was out of it as well, macboy and I think Pod left early also cuz their beds were callin em.

Ok so i got to Phillipio's house at around 945 pm . His house was actually clean. OMFG I DIED !!!! I guess Mimi coming to town did the trick. SO i drink a beer. And I hate beer. but this one was some Michelob Honey Lager. not bad at all. So then he starts to spin some west coast house.

we leave his house around 11 and get to Privilege at 1120 or so. Luckily we find a spot very close by.

Oh btw funny moment of nite. He was telling me "My god i hate all these crazy drivers in Miami". Meanwhile, he is driving like a friggin lunatic darting in and out of traffic showin off his Audi Turbo powered "German engineered" machine. (oh btw beoych i want my earplugs back tonite LOL )

so we get there and marcos and Mr Miami (michael is at the door and we get in no problem. I was disappointed overall with the turnout at the club, especially for PM Sessions 2 year anniversary. But most people who said they would go showed up. I saw, Digital7 (Danny), Pod, Renzo, of course marcos and carla (carla always so sweet asking me how i was doing and how i liked chloe).

Anyways, we get there and head to the Terrace and Dave Preston and CHLOE are up there. So i go up to chloe and give her a big hug and kiss. Then after i do that i ask her "why are u wearing a jacket?" She says shes sick and got some virus from POLAND last week when she spun at WARSAW..

DOHHH im screwed watch me get sick LOL. great talkin to you again as well as Dave and it was fun lookin at all the pics u took on ur digital cam phone from ur trip around the world lately.

So Chloe and Dave go on around 12ish and its just nasty nasty dark Shyte. Prolbably the darkest set ive heard all year. Bump into more Cpers including Ramon, Domingo, macboy (thanks for the vodka tonic...... btw i think the combo of the beer and vodka tonic helped contribute to my getting sleepy)

Good to see Chad and Ashley as well. As well as Norah and her friend. Also Obby in da house.. Wow actually when i think about it there was a decent Cp crowd there. OH yeah, good to see Hyype as well. (he actually had to remind me i had met him at Space for PVD during WMC) And finally good to see the Funketeer. MY GAWD ur office let u out of the hole youve been in the past month and a half :bounce:

Thanks again to POD for the pic with Chloe. YOu all know thats gonna be sigged :) hopefully he posts it.

So we left around 2:45 since we were all exhausted. Then the drama began outside as we tried to plan an afterparty at Phillipio's house. We couldnt get a hold of anyone so we called it a nite. I went back to Phil's house with renzo

Phil got there like 30 min before us cuz of a friggin nasty wreck on the 836 that had someone injured. Like 6 cars and a sports bike. ALways at this time of nite some bad accident happens. Then me and renzo are bullshitting and we completely miss the exit.. But finally we get back to his place and i drive back home..

Thanks again to Marcos and Carla for the past 2 years of PM Sesssions and bringing in some quality djs to our city. (like chloe and jonathan lisle, and Mazi) all of whom I have enjoyed immensely

Chloe hope your trip back to Seattle is a safe one, as I know u were leaving very early Sat because u felt so sick :(

See u all 2nite for Frankie Knuckles at Nerve.. NOw im goin back to bed

Funketeer was there? I had lots of fun last night. Music kicked ass! It was great to hear Phrankadelic in the main room!:aright:

I don't know who was spinning on the patio but it was a bit too hard for a patio set. I didn't stay up there too long cause it was hot and sticky. Between Chad and Domingo, I don't think I even managed to have an entire drink on my own. Everytime I turned to talk to someone, Domingo would steal my drink right out of my hand! Ramon, you albondiga! Control your dj! :mad:

All I gotta say is... 1 down, 2 to go! And tonight's gonna be a doozy! :D

Hey guys, it was great to finally make it out and see what the heck has been going on down here... Bling it was nice to finally meet you and Marcos, rock on. I will definately con MP3SOME to get his ass out... I know we will definately be hitting the CP BBQ so see you all then, because I blew all my money on vodka nad red bull last night :pint: Guys, right theres your solution to all your sleepiness... the bill will be inthe mail haha lata

...Oh btw funny moment of nite. He was telling me "My god i hate all these crazy drivers in Miami". Meanwhile, he is driving like a friggin lunatic darting in and out of traffic showin off his Audi Turbo powered "German engineered" machine. (oh btw beoych i want my earplugs back tonite LOL ) ...

It's not powered by a turbocharger, bling! It's powered by a 4 cylinder 1.8 litre engine. The turbocharger is small. It spikes the torque curve and also since it's small, the lag is minimal (which is nice) but total output is also lower than I'd like.

The nice thing is that each cylinder chamber is fed by 3 valves totaling 5 valves per cylinder!!! If you're gonna do a long-winded review, you might as well be thorough! :tongue:

i got to privilege at 11:59 [i told you i'd get there on time, marco]... walked in and was surprised to see that mainroom was dead... by dead i mean there was about 20-25 people there... i walked upstairs to meet my friends and it's even worse... music started to piss me off after 15 minutes of listening to same 'ol salsa/merengue stuff that i hear at every latin party... so we grab our drinks and walk back downstairs... i guess this was just a beginning of dave's set... hmm... pretty dark for a beginning, but i liked it... the first breaks tune dave or chloe dropped was damn insane [id please]... i got up to see if there are any cpers in the house and bumped into drunk phillip who stated 'i'm so fucked up'... dude, it was so obvious... :) as i walked towards the exit i saw renzo, bling, and i think mrmiami... good to see you, guys... anyway, music was off the chain... i listened to chloe's stuff before, but music she played last night was mind-blowing... her energy was contagious... great set... mucho props... [btw, phillip, you were right... she did play some tech house in the beginning]... as far as dave's set... dude, you rock... this was my 4th visit to privilege and so far you two played the best set... at least for me... those who missed it missed a lot more than just a friday at privilege...

now the negatives:

1. dj laz look-alike [dude in charge of lights] could be a little more creative

2. they ran out of corona last night

3. p:m sessions 2-year anniversary thread had 5-pages of 'i'll be there', yet only a few showed up... i guess it was a massive change of plans

4. marco didn't do shots with me

to sum it all up: great club, great music, nice crowd, friendly staff, poor lights, no corona, and no marco doing shots...

btw, if chloe or dave are reading this please post your tracklists...

good to meet clintron as well it took me 4 times to get his name either from stupidity, my earplugs or tiredness or combo of the 3 lol. great also to see michael louis :)

btw chloe sick and all had the energy to dance during Dave Prestons set and scream like nuts. (sigh...... woman after my own heart....... so much energy)

:)

I had a great time last night. Chloe and Dave were playing some twisted shit and I was loving every minute of it. My favorite track of the night was the Habersham remix of They Just Wont Let Me Be. I just moved down to South Florida from Atlanta and it was my first time at Privilege and at a PM Sessions party and it certianly wont be my last.

yeah that Domingo was outta control :pint:
oh yeah. he must have spilled his drink on me like atleast 3 times that I could remember..

Chloe, darlin.. you were great! fuckeduptwisteddirtymentalbiznizzzzz playing some nice breakz & electrooeeeey flavor.. Dave was on point as well!.. you guys worked and meshed really well IMO and should play again... awesome having you down here and as always a pleasure seeing you.. sorry I couldnt stay longer but it wasnt feeling too well myself... next time you come back, try staying for longer than 2 days.. mmmmkay? :tongue:

oh yeah. he must have spilled his drink on me like atleast 3 times that I could remember..

Chloe, darlin.. you were great! fuckeduptwisteddirtymentalbiznizzzzz playing some nice breakz & electrooeeeey flavor.. Dave was on point as well!.. you guys worked and meshed really well IMO and should play again... awesome having you down here and as always a pleasure seeing you.. sorry I couldnt stay longer but it wasnt feeling too well myself... next time you come back, try staying for longer than 2 days.. mmmmkay? :tongue:

I think you spelled fuckeduptwisteddirtymentalbiznizzzzz wrong! :tongue:

OK, now that I am actually in front of a PC.

Friday was well wicked!!!!! Got there kind of early to check out Phrankadelic and his smooth but yet acidic, funky, jazzy, "broken beats". Nice way to start off the night. Frank, you made me feel like I was at the old school Bee Hive. THANKS!!!!

Preston and Chloe then took over taking turns every 30 to 40 minutes or so. Nice tag team!!!!! Some wicked sounding stuff which had me (yeah me) moving. Later in the night it seems like they both craved breaks so they threw them and boy where they sick tracks.

This was actually my first time hearing Chloe throw some breaks and I was well impressed.

Fun times!!!!!!!

Thank you Preston for the PQM wax. Very nice production by Noel Sanger !!!!! Def throwing it down soon.

OK, now that I am actually in front of a PC.

Friday was well wicked!!!!! Got there kind of early to check out Phrankadelic and his smooth but yet acidic, funky, jazzy, "broken beats". Nice way to start off the night. Frank, you made me feel like I was at the old school Bee Hive. THANKS!!!!

Preston and Chloe then took over taking turns every 30 to 40 minutes or so. Nice tag team!!!!! Some wicked sounding stuff which had me (yeah me) moving. Later in the night it seems like they both craved breaks so they threw them and boy where they sick tracks.

This was actually my first time hearing Chloe throw some breaks and I was well impressed.

Fun times!!!!!!!

Thank you Preston for the PQM wax. Very nice production by Noel Sanger !!!!! Def throwing it down soon.

Russians can also be PURA VIDA! :eek::D