Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: The Crooks at Made Events

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look. Pvd events are packed. So packed that it can take hours to get in. There's hardly any room to dance and its hot like a steambath. With so many people coming to his shows at the prices they charge, for them to lower their prices would be sheer stupidity. For what? So it can be MORE packed, MORE hot and LESS room to dance? They fill to capacity each time. If you aren't willing to pay $42 to go see PvD, then that's fine. But don't expect anyone to lower prices until the line out the door of any venue PVD plays is no longer there. It's simple economics. Supply and demand.

Yes, I went to many PvD events when it was $35 bucks. Now that they've hit $45-60 for each new event, I stopped going. And I'm fine with that. They no longer have me as a customer. But that's just me. There's 3000 other ppl who ARE willing to pay.

dt was also 12 hours long and was supposed to be both him and cox which i think warrants a little higher than normal ticket price and also if u guys havent notice made does run some cheap parties

7/11 @ cielo is danny howels for only $15 through made.

When it was Danny and Carl spinning it was $42 in advance @ Satellite. When Cox cancelled the advance ticket price was $30 At the door it was $40.

if the price is such a big deal then i want all of you to go bitch and moan and cry to every single promoter for all concerts and clubs in this country and see where it gets u. All you people do is cry and cry about everything what fucking concert for a big name band or dj can you go to without sitting a mile away and pay cheaper than atleast 40 bucks a seat. Just shut up already every fucking time PVD comes around its the same few people crying away get a fuckign job cheap asses. Damn at Twilo it 35 to see him spin whats another 7 bucks. If its tha big of deal then dont go. yeah lets make the price 25 bucks to get in then you wont even get in cause so many people show up. Bitches on this board damn, like little babys just shut up. If it wasnt for Made events we wouldnt even get these Dj's here.

All you people do is cry and cry about everything what fucking concert for a big name band or dj can you go to without sitting a mile away and pay cheaper than atleast 40 bucks a seat. QUOTE]

dude... you're comparing dj's to rockstars... think about that for a minute....

i gotta agree with soj on this one. yeah, it fucking sucks to pay $50 to see pvd, but guess what? your in america, and thats capitalism. I dont expect Made Events to charge less than they can get away with and still pack the club, because its a business and thats what they do. i've been to tons of local events for cheap... and tons of raves in LA that were thrown by promoters who charged only enough to cover costs. But thats not what we're talking about, because Made brings in talent to make money, not as a favor to us. I havent gone to alot of their events because i didnt think they were worth it, and you should do the same if you feel that way.

this is nyc, the same city where i saw the magical $9 budweiser the other night. Move to west virginia and your funds would go three times as far. just dont expect pvd to stop by.

take an economics class or something.

i gotta agree with soj on this one. yeah, it fucking sucks to pay $50 to see pvd, but guess what? your in america, and thats capitalism. I dont expect Made Events to charge less than they can get away with and still pack the club, because its a business and thats what they do. i've been to tons of local events for cheap... and tons of raves in LA that were thrown by promoters who charged only enough to cover costs. But thats not what we're talking about, because Made brings in talent to make money, not as a favor to us. I havent gone to alot of their events because i didnt think they were worth it, and you should do the same if you feel that way.

this is nyc, the same city where i saw the magical $9 budweiser the other night. Move to west virginia and your funds would go three times as far. just dont expect pvd to stop by.

take an economics class or something.

yo people are only complaining... that is all... it sucks paying 40 bucks to see a dj... yes this is america... capitalism exists.. we all know what capitalism is from various economic/business courses we all took in college... do we have to like it... no.. do we have to like that one girl with the banging ass in your sig... yes... that ass is amazing.. :love:

good job on the sig..

Any of you cheap bastards been to ibiza?

its between 50 and 75 bucks for the bigger parties there!

you took the words right out of my mouth, plus I have seen PvD all over the country (and world) and have never paid $15 like someone said before. I'm much more pissed off about spending $300 - $400 a night for some shit room in the f ing Hamptons, I think it will be easier just to fly to Miami for the weekend and see him at Space Saturday night, just think about that God awful car ride home on Monday - LABOR DAY - back to NY!!! Oh my God, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, any ride back from the Island is shit, but Labor Day? I think I'm gonna have to hit the friendly skies and come on - Miami?? or Hamptons?? I'd much rather be at Nikki Beach Club on Sunday than hangin out with the old, stiff, high society of NY, at least Miami has Eurotrash :aright:

weak arguments guys.

It is still between $10 and $30 to see him spin anywhere else in the country.

If they are just charging al lot because they can, then they should say that.

But if there is reasoning behind it, I would LOVE to know.

This makes no sense:

Why does Mercedes Benz charge over 100g's for some of their cars? Do you really think they cost that much to make? Yet people who can afford them gladly fork over the dough. Does Mercedes have to explain to their customers why they charge so much?? Neither should Made... What they charge in other cities has absolutely no bearing here. Do you have any idea how much the cost of living in NYC is compared to other cities?? Again, Made isn't going through your wallet and forcing you to pay. It's really simple... if you feel it's too much don't go! Take a roadtrip to Boston and pay your $25 for a 2 hour set. You also conviently left out the fact that PVD spun at Arc (Made) for $10 2 years ago and ALL the proceeds went to charity...

Any of you cheap bastards been to ibiza?

its between 50 and 75 bucks for the bigger parties there!

its about that on a reg night too

theres really no sense in arguing about this shit. is u dont like it hit em wear it hurts the bank accnt but i really dont think 40 is that over the top to pay to see a top dj.

This makes no sense:

You also conviently left out the fact that PVD spun at Arc (Made) for $10 2 years ago and ALL the proceeds went to charity...

right... proceeds... you have to take into account that this means they take money out for pvd's executive suite at the plaza, dinner for himself and about ten of his "friends" at gallaghers or that blue water place on 14th, not including other various travel expenses... also arc has to take out money for rent, insurance, salries... so at thend of the night you're looking at what... 30-40 bucks going to charity?? :bowdown::bowdown:

right... proceeds... you have to take into account that this means they take money out for pvd's executive suite at the plaza, dinner for himself and about ten of his "friends" at gallaghers or that blue water place on 14th, not including other various travel expenses... also arc has to take out money for rent, insurance, salries... so at thend of the night you're looking at what... 30-40 bucks going to charity?? :bowdown::bowdown:

Soo...your complaining about that too? Regardless of how much of it went to charity, you got a cheap party. What's there to complain about? For all you know, PVD didn't get paid that night and wanted to donate it all to charity. Maybe, maybe not. Only he, Arc and Made knows and from what I can gather, you aren't PvD, aren't the Arc management staff nor a member of Made Events.

I think it will be easier just to fly to Miami for the weekend and see him at Space Saturday night, just think about that God awful car ride home on Monday - LABOR DAY - back to NY!!!

hes gonna be in boston in september as well. much closer car ride than miami.

and it gives me a good excuse to go visit my sister at Northeastern. lets all go!

#1 - He spun on a monday night for $10, you can see him on thursday or friday night anywhere else for $15 except NYC.

#2 - A mercedes DOES cost A LOT more to make than a toyota, so your point is moot.

Look,

You guys keep paying and going. Enjoy.

I will wait for Made Events to fade away just like Stuck On Earth has due to overcharging and not bringing in new talent. Then I will go see PVD again.

$40 for CP

$35 for Spirit

$45 for Hamptons

= $120 to see a dj spin on TWO Days. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh,

and has everyone forgotten that Made Events came on this board and Justified the High Price of the Central Park show as being associated with "the costs of doing an event in Central Park", and now they are charging the SAME PRICE for a show in a club NOT EVEN IN NYC. hahahaha

Ok, you have this bike you want to sell. One guy offers you $10 bucks for it. Another guy offers you $1000 bucks for it. Then when you look out the door, you see 500 guys who will buy it from your for $1000. Who do you sell it to?

I thought so.

what kind of bike we talking about?

On a regular night you would be correct. On this night EVERYTHING went to charity. The raised something like $25,000

#1 - He spun on a monday night for $10, you can see him on thursday or friday night anywhere else for $15 except NYC.

#2 - A mercedes DOES cost A LOT more to make than a toyota, so your point is moot.

Look,

You guys keep paying and going. Enjoy.

I will wait for Made Events to fade away just like Stuck On Earth has due to overcharging and not bringing in new talent. Then I will go see PVD again.

$40 for CP

$35 for Spirit

$45 for Hamptons

= $120 to see a dj spin on TWO Days. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1) Yes, it was a Monday, but niether Made or PVD made a dime off the night.

2) Again, it costs a lot more to put something together in NY than it does anyplace else. Your assuming it's the same when it's not even close. Did you ever think that PVD might not be as popular in Cincinnati as he is in NY?? That might be why other cities can charge a lot less...

FYI I haven't seen PVD spin in 2 years and it has nothing to do with Made or how much he charges.

Made events huh.......... funny group they are.. when i use to promote, i was selling tickets on my website for much cheaper then they where for a PVD show a few years back, and i sold alot of tickets, when made events found out, they called my contact for the tickets and told him to fire me and that there going to sue me for selling below ticket price and that im takin away business, anyway, i decided to call "Johnny boy" at made myself and told him im making a bundle on these tickets and tell your lawyer to call me... and ofcourse no suck call ever happend... well made events.. your name has been tainted then and now again. good luck to to you though

Made events huh.......... funny group they are.. when i use to promote, i was selling tickets on my website for much cheaper then they where for a PVD show a few years back, and i sold alot of tickets, when made events found out, they called my contact for the tickets and told him to fire me and that there going to sue me for selling below ticket price and that im takin away business, anyway, i decided to call "Johnny boy" at made myself and told him im making a bundle on these tickets and tell your lawyer to call me... and ofcourse no suck call ever happend... well made events.. your name has been tainted then and now again. good luck to to you though

That means you weren't a promoter but a ticket scalper. If you sell tickets for below the market value (set by the company who runs the night) you can go to jail. Of course people bought alot from you ........ they cost less.