Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Friday Night Party: IKON RISING

ikon-0730.jpg

This Friday, July 30th, a new party makes its debut at IKON (formerly Black & Exit2). Many of the promoters from the original Exit, SF and Roxy parties have come together for this night. It's also the opening of the SkyLounge at IKON, New York's biggest rooftop party.

All the rooms are open..It's a new beginning with an all-new staff including security. Join us this coming Friday for this new party that hopefully will bring the Friday night mega party back to NYC.

Click below for the animated invite:

http://www.clubplanet.com/mailer/2004/07/ikon-0730/index2.html

music by

THE RIDDLER (main floor)

CHRIS ASTA & SERGIO (afterhours)

hosted by

KTU's Vic Latino

Reduced admission on the Clubplanet guestlist.

www.clubplanet.com/guestlists

This friday, july 30th, a new party makes its debut at IKON,(formally black & exit). Many of the promoters from the original exit, SF and roxy parties have come together for this night. It's also the opening of the skylounge at IKON, new yorks biggest rooftop party. All the rooms are open..It's a new beginning with an all new staff including security. Join us this coming friday

for this new party that hopefully will bring back to ny,the return of the friday night mega party.

bobG ... make sure that the door policy is reasonable .. last week we stayed in line from 11-12 where the line moved like couple of feet every 20 mins or more .. and there were not many people in front of us .. and definetly not many people inside ...

the guards were also telling us to separate into girls line and guys line .. well that does not make any sense at all .. coz if there are couples . you are basically separating them .. that is stupid if u ask me ..

then when we finally made it to the front of the line . and we were on a guest list (Alex Pierce's) .. the guy gave us reduced admission, even tho we were there exactly 11:59 .. we did not know that it is reduced until we wen to the door .. stayed in line .. and then the door person told us to go back to cashier to pay .. then by the time we went back to the door dude .. it was like 12.05 and he argued against giving us comps .. rib off ..

when we were inside exit .. at one point in time . there was another guard who were blocking people from going upstairs and asking them to use another stairs . and when we went to the other side . the other guard said that we can't go upstairs from there .. that was another rediciouls act from your guards ..

so . if u fix those things .. you might have a chance to bring the party and the crowd back to exit .. coz quite honestly most of my crew dont wana go there ..and i might go just to give exit another chance ..

peace

the MASK

bobG ... make sure that the door policy is reasonable .. last week we stayed in line from 11-12 where the line moved like couple of feet every 20 mins or more .. and there were not many people in front of us .. and definetly not many people inside ...

the guards were also telling us to separate into girls line and guys line .. well that does not make any sense at all .. coz if there are couples . you are basically separating them .. that is stupid if u ask me ..

then when we finally made it to the front of the line . and we were on a guest list (Alex Pierce's) .. the guy gave us reduced admission, even tho we were there exactly 11:59 .. we did not know that it is reduced until we wen to the door .. stayed in line .. and then the door person told us to go back to cashier to pay .. then by the time we went back to the door dude .. it was like 12.05 and he argued against giving us comps .. rib off ..

when we were inside exit .. at one point in time . there was another guard who were blocking people from going upstairs and asking them to use another stairs . and when we went to the other side . the other guard said that we can't go upstairs from there .. that was another rediciouls act from your guards ..

so . if u fix those things .. you might have a chance to bring the party and the crowd back to exit .. coz quite honestly most of my crew dont wana go there ..and i might go just to give exit another chance ..

peace

the MASK

damn! Im sorry to hear that.....hopefully those problems will get resolved...I havent been there since it was EXIT...I'm just hoping that the place is run VERY differently than they way it used to be... :/

damn! Im sorry to hear that.....hopefully those problems will get resolved...I havent been there since it was EXIT...I'm just hoping that the place is run VERY differently than they way it used to be... :/

glowgrlnyc .. glad to see you posting her again .. hehe ..

the place is big . has great potential and great history ... :bowdown:

however the mgmt of this club is doing a poor job ... from line/door managment ... and guards attitude .. the club sucks .. big time .. :gang:

with some promotions .. better management .and some good name DJs this club could kick some ass ..

we will have to wait and see

peace

the MASK

:clap::clap:

:clap::clap::party: SOUNDS LIKE FUN

Ur a promoter always following this BobG dude. I won't go back to exit till they learn how to run a club! Saturday was so awful. And now Ktu vic latino. Great job again exit. Why is websterhall being cloned? We left that place a while back and now all the big clubs are turning into ktu. Please represent nyc clublife properly. Manage and cater to people over 21. Watching 18 year olds float on k and whatever the hell they do gets boring after a while.

Good luck anyways...

Digital

Ur a promoter always following this BobG dude. I won't go back to exit till they learn how to run a club! Saturday was so awful. And now Ktu vic latino. Great job again exit. Why is websterhall being cloned? We left that place a while back and now all the big clubs are turning into ktu. Please represent nyc clublife properly. Manage and cater to people over 21. Watching 18 year olds float on k and whatever the hell they do gets boring after a while.

Good luck anyways...

Digital

Amen :clap:

i will probally never hit exit again. there are always problems when i go. if there are any big international djs there then they charge 50 bucks to get it. fuckin rip off. only way i would ever go there is if they get a good resident dj that knows his music and knows how to put the energy in the crowd. if i was able to pick they i wouls say denny tsettos. i go down to tempts in jersey and his sets are insane. never a bad mix or bad night with his music. and definitly does not play any ktu cheese all night.

Z

If you get International Talent on Fridays', Ikon will be on top. Especially guys like PVD, Tiesto, AVB, Sasha, etc.

thats more along the lines of the Saturday party which will be run by Godskitchen...

they get those djs at all their events in all their other cities around the world.

wow.... this sounds good to me. Its a bout time you guys got something going again like this. im over 21 but i miss the parties that were the shit at THE Roxy sf and exit a few years ago. maybe you can recreate the vibe once again. Ill be there opening night..no dout

i will probally never hit exit again. there are always problems when i go. if there are any big international djs there then they charge 50 bucks to get it. fuckin rip off. only way i would ever go there is if they get a good resident dj that knows his music and knows how to put the energy in the crowd. if i was able to pick they i wouls say denny tsettos. i go down to tempts in jersey and his sets are insane. never a bad mix or bad night with his music. and definitly does not play any ktu cheese all night.

Z

I happen to enjoy ktu and the riddler. the riddler is one of the best dj's in the country and i dont see how this party wont be good. the only problem is if the door policy didnt channge from years ago cause it sucked but i hear from a insider that things will be different. im gonna check it out..i rather go to the shore but the city is always a good time and the parties go way later. im looking foward to the afther-hours.

p.s. ktu brings hot girs :clap:

geez people i dont get why so many of ya bash websterhall for yrs when basically its the same thing like dx said a clone. Ive heard the ridiller or however you spell his name 3 timesat websterhall and to me HE SUCKS FOR MY TASTE but he is a good dj and im sure he will have his followers who likethat TYPE OF MUSIC. geez and to that comment about BRING IN TIESTO,PVD,SASHA, go to europe. Theres so much talent in NYC that you dont even know. Let them play all over the states to people who ont have great talent intheir cities. But here in NYC theres a party evernight of the week and you should be checkin them out, instead of waitng for the same cheesy trance sounds to come again and again. Sorry if i offended ya, not the point i wanted to make.

Please no cheesecakes like Vic Latino, The Riddler, etc.

Bring in some real talents from around the globe. This way the party might last.

Look it - plain and simple - They can't,,,, In order for them to run they need to make these changes (Create a Different VIBE) .... Good Luck BobG ....

Although - In August Bob you should do well with new Clients....

Mask - I am with you on the line Issues... I understand the BODY SEARCH's,

top $$$ Security, even having DOG's ::::

Love to come down and Check it out with you guys as long as the lines are not around the block...

WAS AT THE MEETING TONIGHT @ IKON AND I LEFT THERE WITH THE IMPRESSION THAT ITS GONNA BE A NEW ERA AND IT WILL NOT BE LIKE Exit ITS GONNA BE A MORE VISITOR FRIENDLY CLUB. THE BEST PROMOTERS IN THE TRI-STATE AREA HAVE COME TOGETHER TO GET THIS THING GOING. I UNDERSTAND HOW MANY PEOPLE FEEL AND LIKE MANY OF YOU I SAID I WOULD NEVER GO BACK BUT THIS LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE A GOOD TIME.

CHECK IT OUT YOU GOT NOTHING TO LOSE

:laugh::laugh:

this is like the 1000000th time its a new era in that place and the 1000000th time "things are gona be different"