Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How do you dance?

i usually jump/bounce around in rhythm to the beats...also throw my hands up in the air, do some head/hair flicks, simple spins, and that's about it... i've never taken formal lessons (besides salsa & basic ballroom), but i'm thinkin about it.

some of y'all are too modest bc i've seen ya get down :rock:

i've taken classes.....only because of love of dance/culture diff beats of diff worlds...a way to appreciate other places and other passions of peoples..

fave: belly dance...turk/egyptian

african dance -- little hard for my persona/passion

hip hop, indian, euro, and just fad stuff u see out there.....

~getting lost in the music...you'd be surprised where your body/mind take you. long as there aren't too many wierdos watching you...u know?

i usually jump/bounce around in rhythm to the beats...also throw my hands up in the air, do some head/hair flicks, simple spins, and that's about it... i've never taken formal lessons (besides salsa & basic ballroom), but i'm thinkin about it.

some of y'all are too modest bc i've seen ya get down :rock:

haha . "formal" .. ??? so .. i guess our lessons were not formal . hehe .. ok then ama charge u cutie ... or may be not .. :love:

peace

the MASK

i've taken classes.....only because of love of dance/culture diff beats of diff worlds...a way to appreciate other places and other passions of peoples..

fave: belly dance...turk/egyptian

african dance -- little hard for my persona/passion

hip hop, indian, euro, and just fad stuff u see out there.....

~getting lost in the music...you'd be surprised where your body/mind take you. long as there aren't too many wierdos watching you...u know?

quite impressive dear .. nice ..

peace

the MASK

hey everyone .. so .. i am curious . about how everyone here dance .. do u guys practice? .. do u just go to parties and dance? .. what inspires u to dance? .. how did u get into it? do u take classes?

tell us anything you want to share .. i think some of your stories will be exciting

peace

the MASK

How do I dance??

I dance just like this---------------->dancman.gif

Now dont get all twisted and fake tha funk!!!

Learn it, love it, live it.................BIATCH!!!! :finger:

that's cool that you take all sorts of lessons...it's amazing how different cultures dance differently, eh?

getting lost in the music...now THAT's fun...i think getting lost in it all is easiest when i'm dancing alone or when dancing with people who're also lost in it too and they all don't give a fart who u are or what you look like or how you're moving...if that makes sense! like when i go take a bathroom/bar break, leave the friends on the floor and head back and bam! some good beats hit and i just start dancing wherever i was standing regardless of where all my buddies are...that's fun :D then i head back and go nuts with them too...yay!

when it comes to house/trance i watch other people dance n feel the music but when it comes to salsa, merengue and other kind of music i practice in front of a mirror to see wha im doing n to see if im doing it wrong.....

i see .. cool .. but why dont u practice in front of a mirror for house/transe too?? just curious???

peace

the MASK

i really dont kno.....i feel salsa is way harder n i need to practice......see house/trance is just ur own style but w/ salsa u have to learnt he basics n then proceed to the next level.....dont get me wrong like sat night i was dancing n watchin myself in the mirror n saw that i was dancing better than b4 which i believe it was cuz i felt more comfy n i was feelin the music!

i really dont kno.....i feel salsa is way harder n i need to practice......see house/trance is just ur own style but w/ salsa u have to learnt he basics n then proceed to the next level.....dont get me wrong like sat night i was dancing n watchin myself in the mirror n saw that i was dancing better than b4 which i believe it was cuz i felt more comfy n i was feelin the music!

Yeah, salsa is really hard... I'd have to practice that every week or else I'd forget all the steps...

for transe/house/techno .. it might be your own style to some extent .but there are still some basic steps involved or it is not house ...

like many people mix disco moves with house/transe moves .. and it does not work that way

i duno much about salsa . but i know that for house/transe/techo u gotta have some sort of attitude to dance .. at least that is my physlosophy when dancing .. not necessarily bad attitude . could be happy .. strong .. sexy .. etc .. but an attitude is necessary ..

or .. hosue/transer/techno .. u can dance all by yourself if u want to ..

and ya . on sat . u danced better kid .. i see u were paying attention to some advices .. ;)

peace

the MASK

wha can i say im a quick learner :D

for transe/house/techno .. it might be your own style to some extent .but there are still some basic steps involved or it is not house ...

like many people mix disco moves with house/transe moves .. and it does not work that way

i duno much about salsa . but i know that for house/transe/techo u gotta have some sort of attitude to dance .. at least that is my physlosophy when dancing .. not necessarily bad attitude . could be happy .. strong .. sexy .. etc .. but an attitude is necessary ..

or .. hosue/transer/techno .. u can dance all by yourself if u want to ..

and ya . on sat . u danced better kid .. i see u were paying attention to some advices .. ;)

peace

the MASK

dance is an expression of how you feel.......if your following a "pattern" of basic steps when dancing house......your not expressing yourself..my philosophy is just let the music move you. if u wanna jump, then jump, if u wanna groove then groove...if you feel like doing the running man.....do it

salsa is a different story

do u care to explain my friend? tell us how did u learn that . and how did u start on dancing???

peace

the MASK

well i knew some merengue n bachata when i was younger, that was learned basically by watchin others n imitating. Moved on to raves n did your typical raver ski dance, ya know swish ur legs up n down n side side, blah. Later on I just started noticing better dancers, how they moved their legs, arms, bodies. Then the house conference came into my life way back in january n blew me away, I been grillin moves like that ever since and I just practice in front of a mirror, it's not perfect but it helps some, I learn through others and then add my own flavor to it. I do it because I love the music and the dance. When a dancer can perfectly become one with the music and interpret it to the tee, that is a dancer that is amazing and just brain fucks me :bowdown:

haha i just pictured u doing the running man!!

dance is an expression of how you feel.......if your following a "pattern" of basic steps when dancing house......your not expressing yourself..my philosophy is just let the music move you. if u wanna jump, then jump, if u wanna groove then groove...if you feel like doing the running man.....do it

yes, most deffinitely agree.....with this one....yah...shake it till ya break it...or something somewhere.....my philosophy....and throw plenty of napkins around like the Greeks do.....the bestness.

actually "poles" make the best partners...u know that? they don't step on ya toes.

that is true .. BUT house and techno have basic attitude that make them special .. i duno how to explain .. but they do have some ..

that does not mean that you dont express yourself or move freely ..

anyone who attended when i used to give classes .. hated my classes . coz i never taught basic steps .. rather i explained to people that you need to do what the music is telling u ... and that u defeinetly need to express yourself

i dont know much about salsa.. so i will shutup here

peace

the MASK

classes are for funs sake, to intro u to diff sounds that you encorporate into your brain....that become familiar...therefore the body moves freeellyyy.

but, u gotta have that in you to begin with anywayz.

and to show off once in a while...and give stiff English people something to take back to the queen.