Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How do you dance?

like many people mix disco moves with house/transe moves .. and it does not work that way

see i don't understand this.........musicially, house was born from old skool disco......

when you start adding rules like this, creativity gets lost somewhere.......

whatever feels right.......

i never taught basic steps .. rather i explained to people that you need to do what the music is telling u ...

didnt you say that there were "basic" steps in trance / house before ?? your being contradictory here bro....

The only time there is "certain" dance steps is when your dancing with a partner. Spanish music has alot of basic steps cuz you usually dance with a partner... other than that...there are no rules.....theres no basic "mosh" step or "disco" step...

I don't know what I would call it or what category I am in but usually around 2:00am or so I seem to make my way on to the dance floor where I usually stumble and bump in to lots of people. Than I will usually just start going up to random girls and start rubbing my cock all up in the ass and see what type of response I get.

I don't know what I would call it or what category I am in but usually around 2:00am or so I seem to make my way on to the dance floor where I usually stumble and bump in to lots of people. Than I will usually just start going up to random girls and start rubbing my cock all up in the ass and see what type of response I get.

And when that doesn't work you rub up on all the guys.

:half:

NO RULES are my rules however your body reacts to the music is just right. Thats why ilove house so much cause people can dance it in so manydifferent ways unlike other forms dancing. I use to have a way with dominican women at clubs when i use to do the latin club scene from like 96 to 98. Merengue and bachata were my faves. Personally the only dancing style that annoys me is the GUIDO step i dunno why it bothers me so much. Personally i just feel like theres no creativity in it. Also dont get me wrong i love and respect break dancing but after like 5 or 10 mins of it straight i think its boring. Thats why much respect to those who can break and bring about different styles with it.

I was asked to be a teacher for crunch gym earlier this yr cause of what they saw of me at ARC for dannys closing party. But that didnt work out after 2 classes cause i could never explain to the class what i was doin lol. Its all about freestlye to me. And hows this for a side twist i was invited to a class once by a teacher i met at abaya one night. And well it was an advance hip hop class at steps it was the hardest thing i have ever tried. Everyone looked like a music video but i wasnt impress cause i hate that style. But i can respect and appreciate the hard work that it is. But like the teacher told me if there at a club they probably wouldnt look good dancing cause its a different style involve. Hes like CLUB dancing is all about heart and soul and personality while formal dacing is taught. And most club dacers are better naturally but have a hard time adjusting to formal.

i am kinda shy but when it comes to dancing i just get in this zone where i dont see anyone else i dont hear anyone else its just me and the music.omg i just sounded like brittney spears lol!!!!!oh well it is true though,no drug in the world can get me as high as dancing does..its like its in my blood it runs through my veins it devourers my body and i love it.music does make the people come together..oh brother now im sounding like madonna lol.anyway i think being a dancer a true dancer isnt something you can learn from any school..it is something you are born with.

i am kinda shy but when it comes to dancing i just get in this zone where i dont see anyone else i dont hear anyone else its just me and the music.omg i just sounded like brittney spears lol!!!!!oh well it is true though,no drug in the world can get me as high as dancing does..its like its in my blood it runs through my veins it devourers my body and i love it.music does make the people come together..oh brother now im sounding like madonna lol.anyway i think being a dancer a true dancer isnt something you can learn from any school..it is something you are born with.

cool.....you should go to the 718 sessions this Sunday.

NO RULES are my rules however your body reacts to the music is just right. Thats why ilove house so much cause people can dance it in so manydifferent ways unlike other forms dancing. I use to have a way with dominican women at clubs when i use to do the latin club scene from like 96 to 98. Merengue and bachata were my faves. Personally the only dancing style that annoys me is the GUIDO step i dunno why it bothers me so much. Personally i just feel like theres no creativity in it. Also dont get me wrong i love and respect break dancing but after like 5 or 10 mins of it straight i think its boring. Thats why much respect to those who can break and bring about different styles with it.

I was asked to be a teacher for crunch gym earlier this yr cause of what they saw of me at ARC for dannys closing party. But that didnt work out after 2 classes cause i could never explain to the class what i was doin lol. Its all about freestlye to me. And hows this for a side twist i was invited to a class once by a teacher i met at abaya one night. And well it was an advance hip hop class at steps it was the hardest thing i have ever tried. Everyone looked like a music video but i wasnt impress cause i hate that style. But i can respect and appreciate the hard work that it is. But like the teacher told me if there at a club they probably wouldnt look good dancing cause its a different style involve. Hes like CLUB dancing is all about heart and soul and personality while formal dacing is taught. And most club dacers are better naturally but have a hard time adjusting to formal.

There really is no right or wrong way to dance. Some obviously are naturally better than others. Dancing is expression of one's self. I too think Merengue,Cumbya,Salsa, and Bachata are a bit challenging. You can def incorporate these latin moves into your freestyle. If you try dancing at a Latino club and don't know any moves and you think you can fool a latina girl by saying you do know how to dance she'll obviously know you don't. You will be alone most of the night if you try this tactic. I love my latina women so I'd like to improve on my latino moves. I think I'm decent at it, but not great yet.

I think I'm a pretty good dancer be it that I rarely never practice or else I could be better. Freestyle is more my style. I used to watch the Grind and also saw that dance competition on MTV. What was the name of that show? The guy who could dance like Michael Jackson. He was pretty damn good!! Also Caliente is great show to watch en Univision. Some of those shows I would look at just to see what was popular and in. I used to watch some the SF dancers jam it out in the basement of SF back in the day. Each of those dancers would incorporate their own style into their moves. Some would break other would freestyle. I thought that some of the dancers were pretty ill!! What makes me dance is the music. If the music is on point then I'm into it. If not I maybe a little aprehensive at first. I'm definitely into house in particular tribal or deep dark house like Tenaglia' sets. JP is good too. I just let the music take over and then get into that zone where the music like owns me!!

ya dude .. some people get soo high and stoned .. and they are all over the floor and shit .. hehe

lemme know when u wana practice ... i might give u a tip or two

see ms. beathuk .. and kutekimee .. i give lessons to guys too .. not only girls .. ok!!! love you both tho .. :3some:

peace

the MASK

Wow :3some: guys too hmmmmm....... interesting :biggrin:

Wow :3some: guys too hmmmmm....... interesting :biggrin:

lol

that dancin video was hilarious, I sent that shit to everyone.

Speakin o dancin, im prob gonna take a pop n lock class later this month n maybe some house just to pick up some steps but def I'll add my own style n flavor to it, I hate routine shit.

When a dancer can perfectly become one with the music and interpret it to the tee, that is a dancer that is amazing and just brain fucks me :bowdown:

you are 100% correct on this one .. it is all about mixing with the song .. when the dancer and the song seem one and the same .. then it is dancing

good one iamsamurai

peace

the MASK

see i don't understand this.........musicially, house was born from old skool disco......

when you start adding rules like this, creativity gets lost somewhere.......

whatever feels right.......

aiight .. may be you are right too .. i did not mean add rules per se .. i only meant that disco is disco and house is house ..

and i disagree with you that house originated from disco .. house or rather free style originated from hip hop and urban dancing .. basically in Chicago and then started moving to other cities ..

however i definetly do agree with you that whatever feel right and whatever your body feels .. u gotta go with

peace

the MASK

didnt you say that there were "basic" steps in trance / house before ?? your being contradictory here bro....

The only time there is "certain" dance steps is when your dancing with a partner. Spanish music has alot of basic steps cuz you usually dance with a partner... other than that...there are no rules.....theres no basic "mosh" step or "disco" step...

dude .. there are basic steps in the sense of attitude .. with house/techo/transe .. there are certain attitude that carries u through ..

i am not sure i can explain it well .. since english is not my first language . but basically when u dance H/T/T you gotta do a circle move .. watch your back .. protect the circle .. that is a basic move ..

you gotta move your hands . your arms .. you gotta jump rather than walk .. and your jumping is little jumps .. and ya u can mix it with break dance if u want ..

u gotta remmebr that u not only have legs .. but also shoulders .. arms .. hips .. and waist ..

that is what i meant by basic .. attitude and moves

i did not mean basic .. as in . ok . let us move this way . then this way .. then this way ..

do u understand what i am trying to say here? anyone? hehe

peace

the MASK

i like to make the sound of drum and bass become a pattern/the basic beat, add little bit Incredible Hulk or Tom Collins then try to shake your head first after tha wait a couple minute then your body start to move after that i just move (some i learn by watching other dancer some came from nowhere some from my daddy :D)

i gues some move got inspired by other

some just flew up from combination of music and the Mood

i like the music fast but not to fast coz i still wan to catch up the beat and the step that i made match each other ......