Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How do you dance?

KAHN what a beautiful movie. I have the book that this movie was based on. EVERYBODY should see this and MAESTRO TO LEARN ABOUT HISTORY.

Hey Silverbull , so far I've liked the documentary if that's what you would call it. All this stuff was way b4 my time. I like learning about the orgins of dance music. Anyways can you purchase this movie and if so where?

Maestro was good. Dirty, grungey, and all about music and bonding with all diversities through it...and a man that knew how to bring 'em all together.

Frankie Knuckles was super kool in there as a comentator~living through it.

.........even if it was before your "time", you can deffinitely relate to the "feeling"......of what it's supposed to be.

ahh you see, some people in NYC don't realize that perhaps the show is old and perhaps you lived somewheres overseas when that show aired, and perhaps it was not so popular in other lands. I think Europe et. al. was into Bay Watch and Bay Watch nights....blonde and brunette airheads on sand, was MAJOR across the atlantic.

Sand, ocean and bitches on the beach was more popular, than if fly girls could do splits on linoleaum. over yonder may have prefered more fem things.

Is that like almost right?

ahh you see, some people in NYC don't realize that perhaps the show is old and perhaps you lived somewheres overseas when that show aired, and perhaps it was not so popular in other lands. I think Europe et. al. was into Bay Watch and Bay Watch nights....blonde and brunette airheads on sand, was MAJOR across the atlantic.

Sand, ocean and bitches on the beach was more popular, than if fly girls could do splits on linoleaum. over yonder may have prefered more fem things.

Is that like almost right?

i came to usa like 13 years ago . before tht lived in many countries mainly in Europe, Afria and Asia

peace

the MASK

The show first aired in 91 i think. Maybe you have seen it alan but dont recall to much. FIREMARSHALL BULL was hysterical. As for that video klubbheadsor i dont know where to buy the video maybe online. www. c h a n n e l 4 .com i have the book to this as well but. But like the movie i feel like certain parts were missing, or it wast discussed long enough. Hey read he book i mentioned above by TIM LAWRENCE and the book by MEL CHEREN and of corse wait or the MAESTRO dvd. Tjeres also another movie which ive yet to see called THE UNUSUAL SUSPECTS.

The show first aired in 91 i think. Maybe you have seen it alan but dont recall to much. FIREMARSHALL BULL was hysterical. As for that video klubbheadsor i dont know where to buy the video maybe online. www. c h a n n e l 4 .com i have the book to this as well but. But like the movie i feel like certain parts were missing, or it wast discussed long enough. Hey read he book i mentioned above by TIM LAWRENCE and the book by MEL CHEREN and of corse wait or the MAESTRO dvd. Tjeres also another movie which ive yet to see called THE UNUSUAL SUSPECTS.

SB, the video doesn't even mention Club54. Was it because no real significant dj played there? I know all they played in 54 was Disco. I didn't see the entire video yet but, was this a special on NBC back in the day? Also who do you refer to as "Maestro"? Do you think you can get these books in a library? Or just in the book stores? Lawrence is a dj right? Cheren too?

• 6 months later...
i agree with you that best dancing is what makes u move .. no specific name for it .. house or no house .. break or not ..

when ur body and the music becomes one . then u r dancing .that is how i always think of dancing

believe it or not .. that girl in the vedio . she can dance .. ok her moves might be funny . but so what .. she can move lots of muscles in her body .. she totally synched with the song .. she had lots of diff moves .. and most important . she was creative in some of those moves .. she totally danced

and i agree with you . break dancing is great . but u know what kina/type of moves will the dancer do . and that wont take away anything from how amazing those folks are ..

to me . dancing is all about creativity .. surprise people .. with your moves .. with your attitude .. (funny .. sad .. energetic .. angry .. excited .. sexy .. strange .. whatever it is . as long as it is attitude) .. with your style .. dont be slave to one style .. think of the music and let it tell u what to do ..

express yourself .. make a statement .. slide on the floor if u feel it .. jump up and down if u feel it .. spin .. or stop and look back at people .. smile .. or grin .. throw your arms in the air .. or twist your body ... express yourself .. and make a statement

as for classes .. when i used to teach dancing in the new school .. my class totally did not work . coz people showed up expecting that i teach them a specific moves .. while i wanted to teach them moves that they can create . expressing themselves .. and so become theirs .. i wanted to teach them to blend attitude with style .. to the liking and feeling of music .. not many people understood that .. and so i did not teach long time either ... hehe

oh and one more thing . dont look at people and be shy .. imagine there is no one there but you . and listen to the music .. if u can do that .. u can dance ..

peace

the MASK

you ever realize that you speak like william shatner?

YOU....MUST...SUPRISE PEOPLE.....WITH........................YOUR MOVES..ON.....THE FLOOR........MR ZULU......TAKE US INTO........HYPERSPACE......

please go drown yourself

There is no right or wrong way to dance to House. House is about expressing yourself. You dance in what ever way you want. The point is to loose your self in the music. There are no steps in House it is a free style dance. This is not Salsa you dont have pre set steps. Just close your eyes and enjoy the music. Next thing you know you can rip any circle you walk into.

There is no right or wrong way to dance to House. House is about expressing yourself. You dance in what ever way you want. The point is to loose your self in the music. There are no steps in House it a free style dance. This is not Salsa you dont have pre set steps. Just close your eyes and enjoy the music. Next thing you know you can rip any circle you walk into.

i absolutely agree

There is no right or wrong way to dance to House. House is about expressing yourself. You dance in what ever way you want. The point is to loose your self in the music. There are no steps in House it a free style dance. This is not Salsa you dont have pre set steps. Just close your eyes and enjoy the music. Next thing you know you can rip any circle you walk into.

I like that... :aright: