Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saeed & Palash (LAST NYC GIG) w/ DJ Behrouz @ Crobar, Fri 8/20

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude once you experience a BODY AND SOUL, paradise garage, 718 sessions, shelter type of crowd. Nothing can compare and you will see the difference in 5 mins.

See, I don't have any idea what you just said... (probably why)... I went to Arc/Vinyl a couple times, for Danny T... the crowd just seemed a lot younger, like I was partying with 15 year olds, poorly dressed, i guess "garage-esque", but the sound was the best in NY by far... like I said, the crowd varies from place to place, city to city... Only once have I been to a set where the entire crowd came together... and it was the Mayan Theatre (best place in the US), in Los Angeles for Ferry Corsten about 4 years ago... he dropped Punk the entire place was screaming along... that was pretty sick... but for the most part, of all the places I've been to, I've never seen it... WMC, NYC, DC, Boston, LA, SF... none...

And I hope you aren't referring to a rolling crowd or anything...

But its all good... everyone has their own opinion to judge a night.... for me if the music stinks, that well about does it! :beer:

I just wanted to say I never heard saeed and palash before live. Yes I have heard mixes before by them but never live. Well anyway I was confused cause I didn't expect the music to get so hard or techy or whatever it is called.. hehe Don't get me wrong, I am not dissing at all. But it was music without soul but the people were amped over it(including me). I mean the crobar peeps were amped to the levels of the AVB thingy held there a week before. I enjoyed the opening dj and actually enjoyed the whole night. And Behrouz was awesome! But if you were searching for soul in the music well that went out the window. It was hard kind of like eric morillo has in sound. Behrouz dropped alot of more soul with bass when he took over and it was an awesome balance. So I won't disrespect the night but I can see that the people who sought alota soulful sounds could have been ticked.

Anyway good seeing silverbull, themask, kutekimee, binarycool, drewminati,kitty, betty, brandon, bluedragon(lots of energy dude keep it up!), and anyone else I missed sorry! We had a blast!

after reading all posts, replies and reviews for ALL DJs that spin at Crobar, YOU PEOPLE FOCUS MORE ON THE CROWD THEN MUSIC OR DJ experience.

What the FUCK PEOPLE, all I hear is that CROWD SUCKS, crowd this, crowd that.

IN the future, put a plan or memo together and send it over to Crobar . com requesting YOUR OWN TYPE OF crowd upon your arrival.

Crowd sucks at arc

Crowd sucks at discoteque

Crowd sucks at spirit

Crowd sucks at avalon

and

Crowd sucks at CROBAR

WTF people, WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH FOR the Crowd? Go with your girlfriend or friends and FUCK THE CROWD.

Dance my friends, enjoy the music and SHUT THE FUCK UP when it comes to "THE CROWD".

Peace.

I had a great time last night. S&P were pretty good. The music was a little on the repetitive side but I didn't mind at all. They played harder than usual but that's because it was a big room. Sets catered to small intimate places don't really translate in big rooms and vice versa. As for the crowd, I can't really say because I was with about a dozen of my friends and having a blast so I really didn't pay attention. It was my first time at Crobar and I liked it much better than Avalon. The staff was very friendly and I appreciated the free cover / open bar. I'll be back next week for Digweed. I'm looking forward to an even better night...

Crowd sucks at arc

Crowd sucks at discoteque

Crowd sucks at spirit

Crowd sucks at avalon

and

Crowd sucks at CROBAR

WTF people, WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH FOR the Crowd? Go with your girlfriend or friends and FUCK THE CROWD.

Dance my friends, enjoy the music and SHUT THE FUCK UP when it comes to "THE CROWD".

Peace.

Finally Someone Who Gets It!

i hear you that alot of people bitch about the crowd, including me at times, but I do think that the crowd contributes to the overall vibe of the place, and I enjoy a good vibe when I go out. Don't get me wrong though, even if the crowd sucks, it will never make or break my night.

First off I was sober last night and I didn't dislike the crowd at all. Everyone was there having fun from what I saw. Why does this thread have to be negative? Maybe I am confused but the people were having fun. Nothing wrong with that. Yes it's a big room and thiago of course is sticking up for it. Listen we speak our minds if it is negative or positive. I am giving last night a positive review. Some people did not like the hard shit. Ok cool. But if we were to post on the masses I am sure there would be an overwhelming amount of support and love for what was going down last night. You may call them musically uneducated or something but that is irrelevant cause what matters is that you are having fun. Alot of us here are very critical of music which is cool. We need to dig deeper with music but alot of people aren't as varietized and are satisfied with the harder techier side of house. I was there so this thread is of small weight to what really went down. Why should having fun be put in like a science lesson where only certain formulas work. I saw tons of people enjoying there night as was I. I wish alot of clubs can be has productive in happiness as crobar was last night. Just keep the hot dj's coming and we'll be there.

Peace~Digital

I had a blast in Crobar in Friday ... this was my first time to hear Saed and Palash and they were awesome ... I loved their music as I always love hard and fast beats ... as for Behrouz .. he is ok but not my style .. too slow for me .. even tho the beginning was good ...

the opening DJ .. i believe his name is "Jerome Drouot" ws GREAT ... he played some re-freshing progressive House and had me moving at 10.30 PM when there was no soul moving yet ... he was awesome and i would love to hear him again ...

as for the crowd .. i duno . i really dont care .. ok there were not many dancers . but who cares .. the majority of people tho were fun and friendly and that is what matters .. many people stopped by and said hi ... and many stopped by and complimented my dancing .. and i am appreciative to those folks .. after all it is really hard for guys to comment on other guys dancing ..

my crew rocked as usual .. kutekimee did not stop dancing .. mad energy kid .. work on those new moves kid and u will be the next mask-a .. hehe

mr. digital .. looked tired at times . but then rocked the floor at the end .. sorry to see u leave early dude (5 am) .. but u had to do what u had to do .. and i think u achieved you GRINDCOREEEEEEEEEE .. hehe

Rudy .. always nice to see you kid .. brave hear and good moves ..

bluedragon continues to impress me .. great moves kid .. and heck where are you getting this energy from dude??? keep it up ..

ibrnadon .. good moves kid .. i see u been watching and practicing .. and nice chilling w ya in the dinner ..

beatahuk .. my daughter .. sounded tired . but kept on dancing . that is the spirit cutie .. and thanks for taking care of everyone as usual ..

leo .. did not see you much dude . did u leave early??? glad u had early fun

mr. silver .. the lil i saw u . u were rocking it . then i did not see u later .. and i guess reading ur post that u left early .. sorry u did not like saed and palash . but may be next time . u can come to crobar like 4 am to catch behrouz .. i duno ..

mr. drewmanati .. did not see u move much .. but of course that changed next day in ikon/exit .. and sorry u left early man .. always nice to see u on the dance floor

kitty .. saw u only briefly .. wassup with that ... what happened to u kid .. i hope u had fun .. call me when u can ..

hopefully i did not miss anyone

overall . i had a GREAT GREAT night ..

peace

the MASK

I had a blast in Crobar in Friday ... this was my first time to hear Saed and Palash and they were awesome ... I loved their music as I always love hard and fast beats ... as for Behrouz .. he is ok but not my style .. too slow for me .. even tho the beginning was good ...

the opening DJ .. i believe his name is "Jerome Drouot" ws GREAT ... he played some re-freshing progressive House and had me moving at 10.30 PM when there was no soul moving yet ... he was awesome and i would love to hear him again ...

as for the crowd .. i duno . i really dont care .. ok there were not many dancers . but who cares .. the majority of people tho were fun and friendly and that is what matters .. many people stopped by and said hi ... and many stopped by and complimented my dancing .. and i am appreciative to those folks .. after all it is really hard for guys to comment on other guys dancing ..

my crew rocked as usual .. kutekimee did not stop dancing .. mad energy kid .. work on those new moves kid and u will be the next mask-a .. hehe

mr. digital .. looked tired at times . but then rocked the floor at the end .. sorry to see u leave early dude (5 am) .. but u had to do what u had to do .. and i think u achieved you GRINDCOREEEEEEEEEE .. hehe

Rudy .. always nice to see you kid .. brave hear and good moves ..

bluedragon continues to impress me .. great moves kid .. and heck where are you getting this energy from dude??? keep it up ..

ibrnadon .. good moves kid .. i see u been watching and practicing .. and nice chilling w ya in the dinner ..

beatahuk .. my daughter .. sounded tired . but kept on dancing . that is the spirit cutie .. and thanks for taking care of everyone as usual ..

leo .. did not see you much dude . did u leave early??? glad u had early fun

mr. silver .. the lil i saw u . u were rocking it . then i did not see u later .. and i guess reading ur post that u left early .. sorry u did not like saed and palash . but may be next time . u can come to crobar like 4 am to catch behrouz .. i duno ..

mr. drewmanati .. did not see u move much .. but of course that changed next day in ikon/exit .. and sorry u left early man .. always nice to see u on the dance floor

kitty .. saw u only briefly .. wassup with that ... what happened to u kid .. i hope u had fun .. call me when u can ..

hopefully i did not miss anyone

overall . i had a GREAT GREAT night ..

peace

the MASK

This is a Review.

This is a Review.

Thanks.

I also wanted to add few other things that I missed in the first review.

I loved Crobar .. it has space .. for everyone . ok it is not as big as webster hall or exit .. but cleaner .. and have lots of space for people to dance or just chill out ..

it is very clean .. i loved their restrooms .. soo clean and decorated .. beautiful ..

the line went sooo fast .. that was also another great point for crobar ..

inside the club .. there are many areas to stand .. or to dance ... and if u go over the stairs .. u can see the whole entire main floor ..pretty cool view too ..

the bartenders were also very fast and curtious .. sorry i cant comment on prices since i only drink water .. the price of water was similar to other clubs tho .. $5

that is about it ..

again .. GREAT night

peace

the MASK

I had a good night overall, but was too tired to dance. Music was very good and the crowd were nice and pretty. In fact, so many pretty girls, that it was hard to talk to anyone girl. :)

ur right man, and it'is hard to choice wich one that you will talk to while u look to the other side n like to make decision some girl pass right in u r face u look at her is it the one, then another come :D, and another :D, and another :D

Thanks.

I also wanted to add few other things that I missed in the first review.

I loved Crobar .. it has space .. for everyone . ok it is not as big as webster hall or exit .. but cleaner .. and have lots of space for people to dance or just chill out ..

it is very clean .. i loved their restrooms .. soo clean and decorated .. beautiful ..

the line went sooo fast .. that was also another great point for crobar ..

inside the club .. there are many areas to stand .. or to dance ... and if u go over the stairs .. u can see the whole entire main floor ..pretty cool view too ..

the bartenders were also very fast and curtious .. sorry i cant comment on prices since i only drink water .. the price of water was similar to other clubs tho .. $5

that is about it ..

again .. GREAT night

peace

the MASK

:aright::aright:

just 4 additional for clubplanet guest list they do close at 00:00

so if you like to use CP guestlist better come before 00:00

Keep up the good work

I thought crobar, was very pretty ..

Lots of hot females.. damn lots females..

S&P were ok, there were much better at arc, remember that place people

sorry you guys didn't see me much that night . had some problems with the bouncers,

grrrrrrrrr

to bad i didn't get to meet everybody else on this forum that went..

there always next time