Clubplanet Nightlife Community

With all of these 'Tunnel Classics' parties....

Drop your top 5 choons from the day:

In no particular order:

Take me to the Top-Plasmic Honey

Ride the Trip-Plasmic Honey

Joy-Razor-n-Guido mix

Elements-Danny Tenaglia

Someone To Hold-Veronica (Johnny Vicious Remix)

Moment- Johhny Vicious

Wait that's six.

Drop your top 5 choons from the day:

In no particular order:

Take me to the Top-Plasmic Honey

Ride the Trip-Plasmic Honey

Joy-Razor-n-Guido mix

Elements-Danny Tenaglia

Someone To Hold-Veronica (Johnny Vicious Remix)

Moment- Johhny Vicious

Wait that's six.

ascension "someone"

and johnny vicious "moments in love" HOT HOT tracks...

i was going to school upstate between the ages of 17 and the time the tunnel closed... unfortunately i only made it twice... :(

Music Makers - Future Primitive

Space Frog - Follow Me

Pullover - Hypertrophy

Your Love is Taking me over - Knight Breed

I Shall Not be Moved - Underground Ministries featuring Kenny Bobien

Get This - Superchumbo

Come Together - Junior (Junior's Revenge mix)

Hands Up (This is the Police) - Sal Dano

Rain - Brainbug

Mission Ecstasy - The Horrorist

Magic Orgasm - House Heroes (Club 69 Future Mix)

That hard, rugged house track that had the sample from the song "Let the Bass Go" by that west coast rapper D.O.C. I think the house song song with the sample may have also been called "Let the Bass Go" or if not that, something else. Very phat track though.

call me a buzz kill but i don't think these parties will be all that.

It just seems like a way to make the club money

When I first heard of the party i really looked forward to it, b/c it reminded me of the best times of my life. Then i started to think and it was the whole experience not just the music by junior in the tunnel.

The venues are so different. Junior at the Tunnel, compared to Junior 10 yrs later at Discotech? the room's are not the same, and i hate to admit it but neither is Junior

The feeling you got there can never be duplicated, I feel it will be a bad Sequel; Like Candyshack 2

That era is done! let it RIP and lets not milk it and move on to something new

When I first heard of the party i really looked forward to it, b/c it reminded me of the best times of my life. Then i started to think and it was the whole experience not just the music by junior in the tunnel.

The venues are so different. Junior at the Tunnel, compared to Junior 10 yrs later at Discotech? the room's are not the same, and i hate to admit it but neither is Junior

The feeling you got there can never be duplicated, I feel it will be a bad Sequel; Like Candyshack 2

I don't think the party at Discotheque is going to be an attempt to replicate the feeling that existed at Tunnel during Junior's residency. Also, I don't think it will be an attempt to milk that period. Junior doesn't throw parties like this all the time, so it's actually good to have them once in a while. There is a lot of good music now, but there is also a lot of good stuff from that period that people still crave to hear. A lot of those songs remind people of a great period of house music in NYC, even though that pd. wasn't so long ago. Taking it back a little bit every so often isn't such a bad thing, so long as it's done in good taste. I really enjoyed Arena classics at Earth before that venue shut down. Junior's classics nights are always great. This Friday should be a musical treat, and hopefully a great night.

Obviously the good times we have now will never be the same as they were a few years ago, but that doesn't mean the good times have to end all together. As long as the truly talented djs of NY are still dedicated to what they love and do best, that's all that counts; I'll be there to listen. Good times have passed, but there will certainly be many more good times to come. We're not senior citizens yet.

React - Let's go all the way (Johnny Vicious mix)

Luminaire - Flower Duet '99 (Jonathan Peters SF mix)

Binary Finary - 1999 (Gouryella mix)

SM Trax - Got The Groove (SM in Motion Club mix)

Chris Raven - I Know You Love Me Too (Van Bellen rmx)

Nalin & Kane - Beachball

mauro picotto - iguana

mauro picotto - komodo

crw - i feel love (jam-x and de leon mix)

jonah "shhhh...."

mike macaluso "final chapter"

the chocolate song (forget who it's by)

that "licking my balls" track...

amadeus 2000 (this track was delightfully cheesey)

"it began in africa"

don't know if they used to spin this at tunnel but...

vengaboys "kiss" (airscape mix) my favorite song to hear out...

ahhh.... memories..

Cevin Fisher "Women Beat Their Men" (Peak Hour Dub)

Sizequeen "K-Hole" (Johnny & Alex Are Falling)

John Creamer "Lift Up The Needle" (27th Street Anthem)

Urban Soul "My Urban Soul" (Club 69 "X" On The Floor Mix)

Mike Ski "The Beginning" (Mike Ski Ibiza Mix)

......just off the top of my head.........

im not sure im spelling this correctly, but the artist was

whachamakalit

OOOhh... I forgot about that one "the Chocolate Track"-sick song. It was actually remixed last year but I didn't like it too much.

Other tracks:

The buildup-Vasquez

Kamasutra-Funky Foundation

Music Express-X-press 2 !!!! (fucking classic banger!!!)

Fright Train-Robbie Tronco

Kemical - Benny Maize

Unspeakable Joy - Kim English

Moments in Love - Johnny Vicious. still love listening to it 'til this day.

Take Your Shirts Off Now (Ecstasy) - Johnny Vicious f. Lula

My Love is Your Love - Whitney Houston

Relentless - forget who it's by

Drums - Cosmic Gate, hell anything by Cosmic Gate

anything by Plasmic Honey

Sadly enough.......you are right. But hey , we gotta try sometimes to relive that time cuz those we're some great days.

regardless of anything else just to hear those songs thru a pumpin system might send shrills down my spine!

this is so temping now after reading all those songs...

who's goin?

Try to hit it up tonight, Mike. I'll be there after Ikon, maybe around the mid a.m. hours. I know you told me you weren't staying out too late, but I hope to catch you out tonight at either spot.

The day they have a Ikon reunion party I won't be at that. But this party should be good. I have alot of friends that are going for the hell of it and we called up people that we haven't seen since the Tunnel days. No matter what our circle of friends will have fun. Were calling it our night out. Plus I heard that Jened and that gang from the Tunnel is all going to be there. Sooo the group you see in the corner havin fun.....thats us!! MUWAH!! :beer:

i think it would be insane to have all of tunnels main floor residents from start to close in one night. that would be a serious nyc event.

innhiliate- major north

elements- danny t

ride the trip- plasmic honey

rachel auburn-like a prayer remix

deep in the jungle-the boy

my 2 cents

anthony nero

Anthony do you have ANY idea where I can get 'Ride the Trip' on vinyl still? I've been searching the web....

And yes, having all the Tunnel residents would be insane, and that would be one interesting crowd....

DT

JV

Eddie Baez

Johnny Vicous

Anthony Nero

Steven Zorr....

Who am I missing here? Did Gonzo play Tunnel?

if u go to record shops n fish for it ul deff find it. before we had pioneer fx machines i used to buy 2 of every record, lol we had to actually work a lil more then. but im pretty sure i saw a copy of it in mondo music in nj, try callin them. or send sal parm an e mail. its out there.....

u like the reuion of the djs, i know i forgot a few but these guys i know spun there for atleast a month straight

dt

jv

eddie baez

justin time

steve zor

johnny vicious

mada

moody

jackie christie

craig mitchel

renegade

mike rizzo

jimmy sky

myself id love to play with all these guys again. only one what would be a first is dt.... that would be insane

Guest distort909
gonzo was my partner for abt 5yrs 4 of wich at tunnel

wow corbett i thought your first name was rob ....... i could have sworn that was gonzo's partner all those years at limelight & tunnel...............

Never new he had a partner anthony........ i know he has a brother anthony............. tony dee for short.............

anthony nero................ didnt you work at tunnel & limelight like the last year that those clubs were open?

im asuming it is the same anthony nero.........

in all honesty i dont remember Gonzo ever being partners with you or that you ever hung out with us........

we were a close knit group of friend & if you were gonzo's partner for 5 or 6 years i sure as hell would remember you hanging out with us all the time.

some fun pics :)

http://www.metromixradio.com/forum/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=39&useralbum=1592

some old flyers... i really need to scan more

http://www.metromixradio.com/forum/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=41&Page=2

ANyone remember who did that song that went PLAY THAT FUNKY FUNKY BEAT FUNKY FUNKY FUNKY BEAT ..WHERE HAS 6 YEARS GONE??

I believe the song you're thinking of is "Cuba Libre" by Gigi D'Agostino, which was later remixed by DJ Escape and Plasmic Honey.