Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SANDER KLEINBERG review

Im to tired to write one what does that tell ya. And becuase of ps1 and this night i think the next time anybody sees me out will be on the 17th for danny howells and danny tenaglia. I barely can walk up the stairs. Great meeting new people and hanginw ith old people lol and danincg the night away in many circles with mikey numbers, drewminati,and my boy eliseo who doesnt post here. Sander played much much much different than last time i heard him more harder and faster and more techyish. Steve porter was ok at times and annoying at times lol.

Overall i had a fun expeirence even if musically the music wasnt exactly my cup of tea. Lots of faces thruout the night made my night and dancing with my brothers in dance lol was the highlight of my night. But since partying at ps1 since 5pm adn tehngoin straight to crobar really did me some damaged. I shouldve sat on the speaker for a few hrs like the legendary mask did. And yes SANDER K did remember me at the end of the night when i was leaving he was sitting by the speaker and i waved to him and he said hey its the "HOUSEMAN" and we exchanged some minmal conversation woohoo lol.

I just realized that i will be out next sat lol to shelter and then sunday 718 sessions to get my HOUSE fix oh boy. ANd then again maybeon a weds or thurs. Why is it so addicting. Oh yeah speaking of that shit a lot fo weirdos kept coming up to me,eliseo,drew, and mike asking for drugs, whats up with that. Just cause we look NUTTY dancing and dont seem to stop doesnt mean we are on that shit. Stop asking i never use to mind but now its like SOOO ANNOYING. Wanna do some drugs call a dealer and stay home please or go to that other drug party one block away. And then its more annoying when nobody believe US that we dont do shit.

I had a fun night last night, but I agree, Sander wasn't as good as he usually was. Parts of his set were blah to me, and I was hoping that he would experiment with different styles. I got there about 1:30, and right around then he played this vocal track that I absolutely loved!! i don't know what the name of it was, but it got me dancing right away. Having been to an earlier bbq all day, I was sooo tired and left at 4:30ish... = (

I kept a lookout all night to see if i saw recognizable faces, and I even did a few laps around the back bar around 2:00-2:30, but didn't see anyone?? I spent most of my night up by the front stage dancing. :)

That place was packed by the way!! not as bad as Digweed, but pretty insane.. Shockingly, i found that there was more space at the very front than anywhere else.

I was wearing a white top with black pants. I always usually have my hair in a pony tail when i'm out dancing too. I was looking for you silverbull, b/c i know what you look like and thought for sure i'd see you up front. Actually, we've met briefly before so I think if you saw my face u would know me. we talked briefly at the Arc closing party (i was with bassboy that night).

im tired , that's what i am, i caught spazes in both my thighs, my lower back hurt.. I guess this is the negatives of dancing hard

ON the other hand kleinberg did good, he had me dancing all night.. with silver bull , eliseo, we were killing the floor..

i got alot of , hey you got XTC, im like ah no..

i finally met jennifer, she a cutie..

iamsamurai what happened to you homie, you just disappeared : o (

i meet you to right bluedragon

The mask didn't dance much , that's ok though he didn't have to, we took care of that

pleasure people , I am looking foward to dancing with you guys again

aaiigghhtt Drew we meet, nice and good to dance with you all, although the mask in pain he still try to make it and mask thank you for put me on guestlist, KK you take care everybody just make sure she's don't fall from speaker, Betkah always cheers up, IBrandon thank u 4 the lesson yes i got the pain now i always forget 'bout the spin move, DX i miss you man, Mikey good to have you back in circle, silverbull you'r da Man even musically the music wasnt your cup of tea but you get over it and i was asking the question 'bout u to iamsamurai he's just laughing nice hat man until that fat girl hold it lol, eliseo your so energetic dude you rock dude. i forget the 2 girl that chill with us i'm so sorry

looking foward to rock another club

Keep Up The Good Work

This was a feel-good night for me.

Got there midnight. Comped.

Didnt like the hot 97/ktu pop-hop in the reed room.

straight to the main room. whoa it was packed! prob as many people as any crobar nyc ive been to. For a summer saturday of long weeknd crowd it was a GOOD crobar crowd! face it crobar is a more 'grown up' club than most in nyc. and i dont mean in a snooty 'fashionista-apprentice-bottles' way- I mean there are people older than 20! most of them!! and its a dressier crowd! thats more POLITE than many clubs! [hello discotq & spirit!!]. that actually came out to have FUN not beefs. that can still drink up , disco down and NOT be extra-mangled AND still look good! there are some foxy women at crobar & generally everyone dresses nice. even the mooks had their style-game on [stencil sleeveless tees? cool for YOU!!] and i repeat there were sm babes! steve porter up. LOVE the crobar dj on stage set up! [the old 'skybox' perch was distant & cold].

listen i LIKE steve porter!! in fact after LES Id say hes the best '2nd tier' NYC dj. [meaning about-to-break- but not of DT/jnr-morales-morillo-fame yet].

OK steves set- half instrumental club bangers. sm dirty basslines. sm proggy cool neo-disco. a few sweet-vocal-sander-style funky tracks. -

also some kinda aimless drifty wanna-be progg snoozers that didnt do much but fill time. SO as an OPENING DJ I think Steve did well- in fact he was banging it out from 1-2 as sander loomed.

in fact that was a pretty jumping opening set and sander dug it [in fact 1-2 times during sanders set, porter took over for 1-2 songs while sander refilled that vodka-cberry rider on stage]

2 am sanders on. the most cheerful ive ever seen him, well at least since arc anyway. the most connecting with crowd ive seen him.

I LOVED SANDERS SET!

2-3 am- progressive dirty bass bangers wityh an occasional sweet-pop-hyper-female vocal- listen sander can MIX!!!! he can blend or he can BANG!! the next tume in but hes in control of his records & I LOVE the way he programs! TALENT!! arc-fans note- sander's 2-3 set was VERY-Howells-like- dirty bass & sm funky yet poppy hooks.

3-4 am- this was the core of sanders set. ok the sound was a little 'progressive trance.' in fact he was pumping like 5-10 'trance' tracks- Which I LIKE from sander! melodic- dramatic- ethereal- and still the occasional hard bottom/ tuff beat-- by 120 mins + into sanders set I was having a ball!! met a cool couple from St Pete Fla. dancing with the fellow-sander-porter maniacs at the railing- chilling on the speaker- saw a few arc-heads - I was into sanders progg melodic trance! NOT CHEESE! - QUALITY!!!

the crowd was with him all the way! fist-pumping! drumrolls & crescendoes!

by 4 am i was saying I am loving this set as mucgh as my fave arc sander set- do u remeber april 2003 at arc?? when sander seemed to reach a new level in nyc with the flow and cinematic buildup of the dirty bass & emotive trance climaxes?? ander did it again last night! I was loving it & the crowd was still in the game.

4-5 am. Sander switched styles. he went to a harder techy-house cum-tribal sound...the man can mix BUT tribal bottoms are NOT sanders forte! he needs some of those lawler-type piledriving basslines in there! NOT a pots/pans tribal! sander lost the flow i felt & was just banging for its own sake. the crowd thinned- i was up front & the archeads were still present but i was one of the few STILL juming up & down! still a cute crowd, still a classy club night but sander lost it towards 5 am. porter took over a bit. more of his warm up tracks...the pace slackened. sander came back for a few more progg bangers but the tribal/tech section from 4-5 had cut a hole in the crowd.

i left sweaty semi-mangled but still glowing. some great people in the crobar staff. many great clubbers on this holiday weekend jam. some absolutely awesome tunes from 1 am -4-ish.

I will be back next time sander plays crobar. i love his funky-pop-disco vocals & the epic progg trance climaxes. but his tribal-tech style isnt sanders strength- he's a melodicist & a disco demon at heart- and overall between music & crowd experience I rate last night ****1/4 on a 5* scale.

ps sander also played the doors' 'riders on storm' and blur song #6 remixes that deep dish banged last weekend on ess mix. worked for dd & blur espec had crobar jumping pogoes woo hoo indeed!

I arrived late (I went to gabriel & dresden first) but thought the music was ok...I didn't like the crowd..a whole bunch of ppl that looked like strippers and truck drivers...just gross old men. I assume the crowd was cooler early on, but I thought the music was ok....for some odd reason I prefer his trancy material over his housey stuff, even though he's not known as a trance dj.

I thought it would be more crowded, given that all u hear about nowadays is sander kleinenberg.

sander was on from 4:30ish on

wicked beats

got there around 130,he dropped some blur and michael jackson,loved that :bounce:

after that i wasnt really diggin his set until 430 or so

sander is a class act,that makes him so much more appealing

he got off the stage,chilled by the speakers with his friends from holland and his manager for a litle bit.

-------

but hey, what was up with some of the crowd? there was like a 60 year old guy who looked like stan lee(creator of spider man)and he had like soms glow in the dark thing in his mouth :ghey: hey,i guess there were alot of out of towner due to the holiday..

i definitely had a great night...

i thought the crowd and the vibe was amazing - even sander was going crazy at one point - i cant remember the last time i saw a DJ so happy and excited about the music...thats always a great sight...

IMO, his set from 2am-4am was fantastic - classic sander stuff, but then he sort of died down...and i finally left at around 5am...

always a pleasure to hang out w/ CP people - you guys are the best...

good to meet you Gabriel, and Mike, and a bunch of others (i completely forgot your names)...and hope you're feeling better Alan...i'm still glad you came out...

I think u all said it for the music . so i will talk about the crowd .. and my general impression of the night ..

I had good time even though i did not dance that much .. i was in total pain from my ankle that i twisted 2 weeks ago .. and did not heal yet .. akhhh

i sat on the speaker most of the night . except some moments when i gathered all my energy and jumped on the dance floor ..

kutekimee as usual represtented and danced the night away .. nice moves kid .. glad u r learning and practicing .. and listening . hehe .. many people came to her told her how great she is .. i was soooo proud ..

bluedragon .. kid .. u r kidding hardcore more and more everyday .. amazing moves ..and a lot of energy .. keep it up my friend

silver .. good engery my friend ... and lots of moves .. around women . i see your motivation kid .. hey .. if that is what moves u .. cool .. LOL

elicio . good moves kid .. amazing energy .. be carefulw with that ankle ..

drew .. mad energy kid . . and i see u have new moves . as usual .. just work on the spinning man .. that will look awesome on you ..

kitty .. good to see u coming out

betaka .. ibrandon .. i amsamurai .. too bad u guys had to leave to ikon ..

ijiveu .. glad we met again my friend .. u came late tho .. next time show up earlier so we hang out more .. ok??

jennifer and eric . nice seeing you guys . and jennifer .. u crazy kid .. stand still so i can teach you something .. hahaha . all over the place ..

mike . nice chilling with you bro .. and nice view we saw .. hahahahaha

for the physical therapist who gave me massage (sorry cant remember your name) .thanks so much . ur hands were amazing .. i felt a bit better after that . and steve (bf) u r cool . nice meeting you bro

i hope i did not forget anyone .. so sorry if i did

gnerally the night was fine . but more fun to watch all the cpers going down ...

peace

the MASK

Oh yeah speaking of that shit a lot fo weirdos kept coming up to me,eliseo,drew, and mike asking for drugs, whats up with that. Just cause we look NUTTY dancing and dont seem to stop doesnt mean we are on that shit. Stop asking i never use to mind but now its like SOOO ANNOYING. Wanna do some drugs call a dealer and stay home please or go to that other drug party one block away. And then its more annoying when nobody believe US that we dont do shit.

dude .. everytime i went to club .. for the past 20 years .. someone came to me asking me for drugs and did not beleive it when i said . "I DONT DO ANYTHING" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so dont feel bad my friend ..

peace

the MASK

but hey, what was up with some of the crowd? there was like a 60 year old guy who looked like stan lee(creator of spider man)and he had like soms glow in the dark thing in his mouth :ghey: ..

that dude is the trampoline man . he goes around with that trampo .. and shake it .. he is old but he wana be there .. and he has been doing it for a while man . and for that we gotta give him props ..

ya .. and he had this glowing stuff in his mouth .. they sell those outside crobar for $1.29 .. hehe

peace

i definitely had a great night...

i thought the crowd and the vibe was amazing - even sander was going crazy at one point - i cant remember the last time i saw a DJ so happy and excited about the music...thats always a great sight...

IMO, his set from 2am-4am was fantastic - classic sander stuff, but then he sort of died down...and i finally left at around 5am...

completely agree with you as my longer review on pg 1 says-

sander from 2-4 was famntastic, just rocking from dirty progg to poppy disco.

yes blur the jacksons 'shake your body' and doors worked great in that huge room. I ve seen sander quite a few times & he's NEVER been as happy & energized as this - not even at arc 4/03 which was a magical long sander set.

but then- at 4 i thought he lost the focus & energy- porter took over a bit- and the harder beats didnt gel & flow like in 2-4 am...

anyway still a fantastic night and the crowd was hot!! Great music at Crobar = the Best NYC club of 2004!!

hehe dragon0401... we keep attending the same venues..cool u had fun I was in the back somewhere wandering around going back and forth in the tunnel making mental comments about the crowd those ppl look like they listen to garth brooks what r they doing at sander k? guys old enough 2 be my grandfather.. gross...i didn't know so many cper's would be there, too bad i didn't meet any but whatever maybe next time.

i was looking for silverbull to see his dance moves cuz everyone says they are good but those lights were so blinding when they flashed them on and off.

if i didn't attend G&D earlier, I would have enjoyed myself but my feet hurt from dancing.

anyway.... I arrived like at 4.30...but when I was walking to crobar, some guys told me 'u missed it'

what did I miss? did something happen early on?