A Night of Classics w/ JP @ Spirit, Sat 10/2

spirit-1002.jpg

A Night of Classics

w/ Jonathan Peters @ Spirit

Saturday, October 2nd, 2004

Doors open at 10pm. 21 and over.

Click here for the animated invite.

http://www.clubplanet.com/mailer/2004/10/spirit-1002/index2.html

$25 reduced on the Clubplanet guestlist ($30 reg).

www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/default.asp?site=14

Spirit

530 West 27th Street

(btw 10th & 11th Avenues)

yeah but when i hear "classics" so many old school nervous & groovalicious tracks come to mind..and i never hear any of those....i dont go to these tpye of parties because im afriad that "classics" to them is blow the speaker by moon..lol

NYC classics IMO = baby wants to ride(hani)..hypertrophy(beautiful day)...orange e(the music)..this joy....let me take u on a tripppp..let me take u on a ride ride ride ride..lol (b4 1998..those to me i consider classics)...oh comon..how bout some nice SASH?...even release me by veronica...u know what i mean?..but thats just my memories of classics..we all have our own i guess.

yeah but when i hear "classics" so many old school nervous & groovalicious tracks come to mind..and i never hear any of those....i dont go to these tpye of parties because im afriad that "classics" to them is blow the speaker by moon..lol

NYC classics IMO = baby wants to ride(hani)..hypertrophy(beautiful day)...orange e(the music)..this joy....let me take u on a tripppp..let me take u on a ride ride ride ride..lol (b4 1998..those to me i consider classics)...oh comon..how bout some nice SASH?...even release me by veronica...u know what i mean?..but thats just my memories of classics..we all have our own i guess.

all the songs that you mention is exactly what he plays....but I gotta agree with other people this is like the 4th classics party this year, its getting played out

All the time.

I'd agree this theme is def getting "played out"!! Either they come up w/something new or they stick w/Jp's regular sets. They will probably bring back the underwear or S & M party soon as well. These tracks always bring back good memories. I might go even though it's going to be like my 100th classics party I've attended!!

all the songs that you mention is exactly what he plays....but I gotta agree with other people this is like the 4th classics party this year, its getting played out

i should def re-check it out though, i tried a "classics" party back in the day and it was exactly how i mentioned above - BLOW THE SPEAKER WAS NOT A CLASSIC IN MY MIND. But now that you nice people have explained that i was simply ruined by one bad experience, i might come back and check out another classics night. ah, the memories.

Went to JP's classics night earlier this year at Black, and had a great time, despite the cheez factor. I'm sure he'll recycle a lot of these... Here's the tracklist (thanks to someone else who posted this back in March or so):

Everything will Flow

Love & Happiness

Aftermath

So Strong

KOT- Finally

Enjoy The Silence

Flash

Brown Acid

Lunatic

Resistance

Flight 643

GTI

Boots

Kemical

Computer Dreams

Hide You

Respect

Lethal Industry

Relentless

Ultra Nate- Free

Blackwater

Like A Prayer

Shed My Skin

Change The World

Jakatta- American Dream

Lustral-Everytime

Alice In Wonderland

Din Daa Daa

Sweet Surrender

Garth Brooks Dub

Rain

I Will Survive

I Wonder

My Love Is Your Love

Pressurize

Things Just Aint The Same

It's Not Right But It's Ok

Nobody's Supposed To Be Here

Flowers

Innocente

Silence

Never Knew

They Say Vision

Serenity

Fortunate Ones

Fast & Loose

Perfect Love

6,8,12 Dub

Women Beat Their Men

Let The Sunshine

In Your Eyes

All This Time (Remix)

Fly Life!!! :bounce:

Do It Again

Idol

Depeche Mode- I Feel Loved

White Rabbit

Indigo

Hunter

Your Not Alone

That Look

Things To Come

Riders On The Storm

I Wish I Didn't Miss You

Can You Feel it

Sail Away

Tempermental

Sandstorm- :vomit2:

Fired Up

You Dont Even Know Me

Get Up Stand Up

Sweet Dreams

Mariah Carey- Dreamlover

No More Games/ Died In Your Arms

Nightmare

Masters At Work- Ha Dance

Bailamos

Feel What You Want

Ain't Nobody

Sound Of Violence

RESPECT

Instant Moments

Spacefrog- Follow Me

Plastic Dreams

Your Love Is Taking Me Over

MJ- Billy Jean

PNEU- Toneking- Finally!

Find Another Woman

When Doves Cry

Material Girl - Madonna

nahh silverbulls no joke the joke is they used the same vinyl record setup look a couple weeks ago for joonyahs b-day party.i think classic parties are awesome.but exactly defines a classic?see there isnt any number.my grandparents have there classics,my parents have theres,and i have mine which just doest happen to be the jp nsf era.speaking of classic parties arena classics i am looking forward to that..... :bounce:

Hello all! It will be my first time to spirit this saturday @ jp's classic night. If any one can answer this it will be much apprieciated. What is the dress code for men at spirit? I heard it is trendy. Can you wear sneakers. ex. diesal, kangaroos, puma. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

well it's classics night with JP, which means it's classics as far as his track selection used to be in the past. he wasn't around in 1965 to obviously so this isn't meant as a general "classics" party.

aye, well put comrade...

i would like to hear his classics party set again BUT!!! i will be about 8 streets down and a few avenues over at avalon... perhaps bbb will play some classics... ehh... it's always a shot.. i wold love to hear him play shit off house connection 2, and banging the box 3 and 4... ahhh that'd be nice...

It Was The Most Amazing Night ........ Great Dancers And The All The Classics Brought Back Like They Were Fresh New Tracks. Ripped It Like Always, I Support Jp Every Saturday At Spirit And So Should Everyone Else. And Alot Of Incredible Women That Looked Just Like This One.