Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubs on L.I.

sometimes when i drive home from work on fridays(stuck on the LIE coming home from downtown) , i'll put on KTU if Krock isnt playing anything i dig at the moment. They have this show..where prettty much, they play a "set" by some guy johnny budz that is SOO HORRIBLY OBVIOUS WAS COMPUTER MADE(no rides..or anytthing..song just matches up for 5 seconds and mixes out..he so jsut cut and pasted it together).n e wayz..and the whole time..there is some chick who is soo pathetic. Every 5 min she comes on the air saying " I am so thrilled to be at mirage..long islands greatest club. Good lookin guys...good looking girls..ithis is definitly the place to be" and then vic latino is like HELL YEAH BABY..oh god it makes me sick to my stomach..and oddly enough, if they play a song I LIKE(old school sash) or something like that..THEY TOTALLY TALK OVER IT until this bithc gets through reminding us how all the "winners" are at mirage. The station then follows by playing some cheesy song by reina or whatever the stupid bitch's name is. The one that sings all those cheesy horrbly produced love tracks that all the skanky guidets go crazy to.

First of all,these are some great threads(good reading)...I just want go on record to explain what Nation is really about....We are not trying to be or wish to be New York City.Nation is a music oriented party for Long Islanders by Long Islanders.We are not trying to immitate the cities music scene,we are simply trying to create our own.We have enough of our own talented DJ's and producers right here at home with no place to showcase their talents.This party is directed to person who loves house music,loves to hear a talented DJ's and loves to meet like minded people.We dont expect people who do not live on LI to come to our party,if they want to,they are more than welcome, we love all music minded people.The problem with the LI club scene is that the "educated" party crowd would rather travel to the city to get their fill of good music than put up with all the LI club cheesyness(myself being one of them).Thats where Nation comes in,we are building this party to give that "educated" crowd a spot to go to right here at home.Its always been my feeling that there are alot of househeads on LI with no place local to go to.We wish to fill that void with the best DJ's and music from LI and around the country,the best atmosphere for our partiers to enjoy and do it all without breaking our patrons bank.Its simple to see why people never talk badly about this party,its more of a community. So if you would like to see the birth of a new and energetic scene,I invite you to come and support our efforts,come see what we are creating.I've said it to many of our new "Nationers" before ,,,once you give us a chance,your gonna love it and come back with friends. "Nation" is simply puting the fun back into the club scene,something that has been lacking over the past few years....I hope to see many new faces this Friday and many Fridays to come.Thank You.

Rob James

Rob the party is great!. I stopped in to check it out this passed friday and I was very pleasently suprised. The music was on point all night, the crowd was great and very into it and the vibe was cool. I was also happy to see the added sound equipment. Its cool to finnally have a place to go thats less than a mile from home where I can hear what I like. I will definetly be back! Im looking forward to it. Question - What time does the door close? Im quite certain when I walked out of there it was well past 4AM...???

I see the only way house even has a chance on long island is if its totally seperate from the hip hop. These half hip hop half house clubs end up playin 3/4 hip hop and a quarter house that is commercial and not even enjoying for the house fans. I think the ideal fashion is to have clubs featuring both a hip hop and a house room. That way if you are a house fan you are not forced to listen to hip hop or dumb down your music to maintain their interests until hip hop comes back on

Nation, good luck to u i hope u guys flourish u have a rough job ahead of you. Sadly the reality is house fans are getting old and gettin married so we are a dwindling market. MTV has basically hijacked our youth to a point where "Lean back" is the commonly accepted pop music now. With very few new dance music fans growing up to replenish the retirees you will see house continue to dwindle out of the club scene. Is our only hope the Pdiddy/felix da housecat duo????????