Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Rebound

guest00901

girl u know i love u --- but im curious cuz knowing what i know about u and knowing that u move through relationships fairly quickly, i think most of ur relationships start off as rebounds because u dont seem to ever give urself time between them to get over the relationship u just got out of... every time i hear about a new relationship of urs its right after one that just ended and u seem to fall so deeply into every relationship ur in. if u always insist that u feel so strongly about every person ur with, every relationship after that will be a rebound b/c how is it possible to feel as strongly about the new person as u did about the person u just broke up with? although thats what seems to happen in ur case....

idk if any of this is making sense but my advice to u is-- take a break! u definitely like being in relationships but ur always gonna run into this problem if u dont give urself more time to regroup and fully rid urself of the previous relationship.

:aright::kiss2:

Very good advice!

yeah, i only met dee once or twice (at roxy back in the day), but based on what i read on here, i have to agree with lynn's words.

So..after a few months my girl and I decide to call it quits

because I am moving and she can't deal with not living 5 minutes away from me (( fuckin idiot ))

ANYWAY! So I met a girl a few weeks ago that my friend introduced me to and we are going out tonight....we have been talking every day on the phone and she seems so freaking cool

But last night she makes a comment that she's my "Rebound" and she know's nothing will most likely come out of this because she is.

For some reason I don't look at anyone as a "rebound" but why do people think like that? I told her that my X and I are whatever and she's immature and I def wouldn't get back with her...but I'm really liking what this chick is all about.

How do I get her to not think she's a rebound?

Christ, aren't you like 19 years old? What do you think you're gonna do, run off to Hawaii and get married to this girl? Who gives a shit what she thinks. Just take what she's willing to give, because whe's probably using this "rebound" thing as an excuse to keep you at arms length for one reason or another.

Christ, aren't you like 19 years old? What do you think you're gonna do, run off to Hawaii and get married to this girl? Who gives a shit what she thinks. Just take what she's willing to give, because whe's probably using this "rebound" thing as an excuse to keep you at arms length for one reason or another.

but she's so freaking coooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!! they spoke all day ya know?

i don't know you, dee, but as people have said, you do seem to go from relationship to relationship. my mom was like that - always had to be with a man - this led her to settle with the wrong people (my father, my stepfather, for two examples). as cheesy as it sounds, it's true: you've gotta get a great relationship with yourSELF first - a better understanding of who you are and what you need - then what you want will become perfectly clear to you. and when you've got your act together, other people know it and feel at ease with you; it's something that you just project.