Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spirit First Timer!!!

exit2

the space isnt too big or too small... it's a good size...

you're gonna see A LOT of guidos and guidettes runnign around... a lot of kids with their shirts off, a lot of back stubble, sunglasses, arm bands and terrible dancing... but on the bright side you will see a lot of girls running around with next to nothing on.. for some reason people make fun of the hot girls that go there but they are a definite bonus...

the music is so so... on fridays you have guest dj's and sat's you have jp...

guest dj's... it depends on your style..

jp... sometimes he can play some nasty beats... but other times he's off... i find that most of the time im not into his misuc and i chill in the hiphop room...

the system could use some work... supposedly in 4 weeks they're getting a new system soo.. ?? who knows.. have fun

you're gonna see A LOT of guidos and guidettes runnign around... a lot of kids with their shirts off, a lot of back stubble, sunglasses, arm bands and terrible dancing... but on the bright side you will see a lot of girls running around with next to nothing on.. for some reason people make fun of the hot girls that go there but they are a definite bonus...

jp... sometimes he can play some nasty beats... but other times he's off... i find that most of the time im not into his misuc and i chill in the hiphop room...

the system could use some work... supposedly in 4 weeks they're getting a new system soo.. ?? who knows.. have fun

COOL

WOULD U SUGGEST CROBAR OR AVALON INSTEAD?

HAVENT'T BEEN TO ANY OF THE YET EITHER. I HEARD SOUNDFACTORY AND EXIT (IKON) ARE THE BIGGEST CLUBS, BUT SF IS CLOSED RIGHT NOW AND IKON IS A LATIN PARTY ON SAT. NIGHTS SO THATS OUT.

Avalon is small and smelly, not recommended. Crobar and Spirit are roughly the same size.

If you like girls who are prettier than models, go 2 Crobar. If you like girls who are not too pretty and skanky, g 2 Crobar. Also, the guys are hotter at Crobar and they have to keep their shirts on. Also, they don't like sunglasses at Crobar so don't take yours. The music depends on the DJ but JP on Sat at Spirit is very good if you like tribal. Have fun.

Avalon is small and smelly, not recommended. Crobar and Spirit are roughly the same size.

If you like girls who are prettier than models, go 2 Crobar. If you like girls who are not too pretty and skanky, g 2 Crobar. Also, the guys are hotter at Crobar and they have to keep their shirts on. Also, they don't like sunglasses at Crobar so don't take yours. The music depends on the DJ but JP on Sat at Spirit is very good if you like tribal. Have fun.

avalon on a randon night is by far the better pick. Spirit..YUCK.

avalon BLOWS on special nights like halloween and shit. the "usuals" @ avalon are just people who go there to dance and get into the music. Same with crobar, but crobar has much more class to it which is nice.

to oldtimer, i have seen alot of your threads posted. you seem like a cool guy. one question though and this is not a dig at you just a question. do you really care that these so called guidos are every where. believe me if we ever met you might change your mind about this statement. i thought these message boards were used to talk about the music (most important) and how the venues are. anyway the point is these so called guidos are just doing there thing and so should you! and to get back to the topic spirit is def. no sf but if you go there for the music and to try to dance if not overcrowded it will be def. a good time. enjoy! :bounce::bounce:

Crobar is 100x better than either Spirit or Avalon. The venue itself, the crowd, the music, and the soundsystem are better.

Avalon does get some really great DJs, but I just don't like the setup of the place, and its always way too hot in there.

Sprit is ok, but the main floor is a bit small and does tend to get very crowded. At least they have a decent A/C system up in there so you don't feel like you're gonna pass out like @ Avalon. But Crobar definately beats it out in the music department, which is most important. Guys like Sander K., Hector Romero, Digweed, etc.

Crobar is definitely the nicest venue, in my experience the crowd varies a lot depending on who is spinning but there are usually a lot of very pretty and well dressed girls there. As for Sprit I've only been on JP nights, and the crowd is definitely a lot of guidos and guidettes (I think guidos are hot so I'm not being a hater here). I think the girls at Spirit are good looking but definitely skanky. I've only been to Avalon once and it was a lot of weird fresh-off-the-boat types.

to oldtimer, i have seen alot of your threads posted. you seem like a cool guy. one question though and this is not a dig at you just a question. do you really care that these so called guidos are every where. believe me if we ever met you might change your mind about this statement. i thought these message boards were used to talk about the music (most important) and how the venues are. anyway the point is these so called guidos are just doing there thing and so should you! and to get back to the topic spirit is def. no sf but if you go there for the music and to try to dance if not overcrowded it will be def. a good time. enjoy! :bounce::bounce:

i dont really get what you're saying but.. no, i dont have a problem with guidos.. i thought my comment was harmless fun and if i offended ya my bad... but, i party everywhere.. tempts, xs, merge, joeys, spirit even bridgeview yacht club (the home of the guido)... i enjoy myself at these places more so than other places.. i spent half my summer weekends down at the shore, and i would have spent more nights there if rooms werent 150 a pop or i didnt have an hour and a half drive home... just bc i "poke fun" at guidos for wearing sunglasses in a club where it's already hard to see doesnt mean i dislike them.. yes everyone does their own thing and that's cool.. but sunglasses at night??? i just dont get it...

for the record i wasnt putting guidos down... i thought i was just telling it like it is.. the kid asked for advice so i gave him a pretty accurate portrayal of a night at spirit... the things i listed in my above coment aren't really far from the truth are they??? you cant deny that mad kids aren't wearing sunglasses, taking their shirts off, wearing arm bands and dancing horribly... if this really btohered me i wouldnt go to spirit... but i go to spirit often soo... obviously it's fine with me..

Expect TONS of back stubble...LOL You said it perfect :)

i dont really get what you're saying but.. no, i dont have a problem with guidos.. i thought my comment was harmless fun and if i offended ya my bad... but, i party everywhere.. tempts, xs, merge, joeys, spirit even bridgeview yacht club (the home of the guido)... i enjoy myself at these places more so than other places.. i spent half my summer weekends down at the shore, and i would have spent more nights there if rooms werent 150 a pop or i didnt have an hour and a half drive home... just bc i "poke fun" at guidos for wearing sunglasses in a club where it's already hard to see doesnt mean i dislike them.. yes everyone does their own thing and that's cool.. but sunglasses at night??? i just dont get it...

for the record i wasnt putting guidos down... i thought i was just telling it like it is.. the kid asked for advice so i gave him a pretty accurate portrayal of a night at spirit... the things i listed in my above coment aren't really far from the truth are they??? you cant deny that mad kids aren't wearing sunglasses, taking their shirts off, wearing arm bands and dancing horribly... if this really btohered me i wouldnt go to spirit... but i go to spirit often soo... obviously it's fine with me..

Yes, that was definitely an accurate description of a night at Spirit :)

P.S. I used to wear sunglasses and it actually helped to see better when the strobes were really going, hehe. I think a lot of people probably wear them b/c your eyes get crazy if you are on drugs so they like to hide them.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT IMPLYING THAT PEOPLE WHO WEAR SUNGLASSES IN THE DARK ARE DOING DRUGS SO PLEASE DON'T BE OFFENDED

P.S. I used to wear sunglasses..

::laughs and points::....

no, it does make sense...i was at joey's last night and they had the lasers going and it caught me by surpise and just bugged me out for a second.. i thought i was definitely having a flashback bc something just shot across my field of vision but then i realized it was the lights... so the sunglasses kinda do make sense... but i dunno it's just not for me...

::laughs and points::....

no, it does make sense...i was at joey's last night and they had the lasers going and it caught me by surpise and just bugged me out for a second.. i thought i was definitely having a flashback bc something just shot across my field of vision but then i realized it was the lights... so the sunglasses kinda do make sense... but i dunno it's just not for me...

lol, I said I used to wear them ok?!

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT IMPLYING THAT PEOPLE WHO WEAR SUNGLASSES IN THE DARK ARE DOING DRUGS SO PLEASE DON'T BE OFFENDED

for some reason this strikes me as very funny... that's all. thanks!

:biggrin:

PS I wear light tinted glasses to the clubs because of all the smoke, and being out late till 3 in the morning or so.... the contacts start making the eyes red. Just avoids explaining why the eyes are red all the time.

:spin: guido alert :spin:

OLDTIMER, i did not mean to come across as if you are wrong, believe me i agree with your comments! its just no matter were you go you are going to find those "styles" everywhere. i have been all over the states and find similar venues and no matter high class or whatever the same people are all over. so yes it sucks when you want to dance and three sweaty juice heads are standing arm and arm bobbing there heads and taking up tons of room. any way you are right the orignal question is i agree spirit is what you make of it. its no sf but the parties are still good. some nights better than others. peace bro. :beer:

Also if you are intent on Spirit, get on a Guestlist because the door people will ask if you are on a guestlist and you want to say yes. And don't say Clubplanet either because I have heard that it does not work sometimes. At least get onto the House guestlist.

From what I've heard Avalon has a small dancefloor, hence making it difficult to move or even get down and jam. People all of a sudden are up in your face. Not my idea of a good time. I will try it out though one time, just because it's a club in a church. Never been to one of those. This place must have been crazier back in it's Limelight days.

Crobar I've been to and I liked the club. The system rocks and they do bring in good djs and have a good size dance floor. I wouldn't call Boris a great dj, but from what I've heard he's improved. The women there I would stereotype as "bimbo like". They are good looking, but it's not because of their natural looks alone. It's like a bunch of Pamela Andersons running around, which to most would sound great. I personally prefer all natural, but they are not the problem. I think the problem here is that most people here have attitude for no reason and come off like a bunch of posers.

I prefer going to Spirit, even though the club doesn't have the biggest dance floor or best system (I've heard they are making improvements to it). I like it personally because of the crowd and vibe. I like the people here I think they are "more down to earth" and I also go to get my JP fix. He's been pretty good all the times I've gone, including on Halloween. Sometimes he maybe off, but for the most part he's been on. Yeah, there are a ton of Guidos, but there are also a good amount in Crobar too. The crowd is pretty diverse IMO and the women are pretty cool. Some people say that "most of the women here are skanky looking" I don't buy into that. There are girls who dress like that everywhere, including at Crobar and at other clubs throughout the city. If you look good in an outfit by all means wear it. I don't have a problem w/ it at all, the way how a person dresses is their own agenda. It's more important how people carry themselves. As China Doll said the CP list is not that reliable and therefore the house list would be better choice. In the end I guess it's what appeals to each person that makes them prefer a certain club over another.

OLDTIMER, i did not mean to come across as if you are wrong, believe me i agree with your comments! its just no matter were you go you are going to find those "styles" everywhere. i have been all over the states and find similar venues and no matter high class or whatever the same people are all over. so yes it sucks when you want to dance and three sweaty juice heads are standing arm and arm bobbing there heads and taking up tons of room. any way you are right the orignal question is i agree spirit is what you make of it. its no sf but the parties are still good. some nights better than others. peace bro. :beer:

no it's all good.. i just didnt want you to think i was hating on guidos.. i dont hate on anyone, except for blacks... hehe just kidding.. actually the only people i dont really get along with at clubs are the people that take it too seriously.. it's a club.. people go to have fun, not compete about who's been "in the 'scene'" longer...

and to all those girls who make fun of the "skanky bitches" at spirit... please, if you girls had bodies half as nice as those "skanky" bitches you would be strutting your shit too.. dont hate on girls just bc they look good and get attention from guys..

and to all the dudes making fun of the skanky bitches at spirit... c'mon now.. if those same "skanky" girls were dressed in those same "skanky" outfits and were at a todd terry event or some other scenester type event and were rocking out to music you liked... you'd be like omfg that girl is ridiculously hot... dont deny it..

Why don't all of you nitwits go spike your hair up flamer style and go to the roxy on saturday instead. Maybe you can pick up yourself a new boyfriend and shut the hell up already with your guido crap. If a guido gurl comes up to you and she is hot you are gonna bang her. If she is russian and she is hot you are gonna bang her. If she is chinatown and she got slammin legs you gonna bang her. Shut the fcuk up already you bunch of douche wankers and start werking on getting a clue.

:half: