Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good Afterhours?

jesseh49

the whole time we were in LA we heard from people that live there, everything is here you just have to find it. We also found that when we did find it, it was nothing like new york or toronto. we found afterhours was usually best at someones house who had tables.

the negativity in this thread is ridiculous. parties are mostly what you make of them. sure, the crowd has an impact on them, but great djs HAVE been coming here. the crowd at avaland pisses me off, so i just don't go there. but there are plenty of other places to go. i don't need to whine about the venues that annoy me.

and i'd like to point out that people are rewriting history - in a big way. twilo and vinyl are perfect to people now, because they're no longer around. i remember that people had tons of complaints and problems when they were open. hindsight has put these joints on a very high pedestal for many, and hearing all the "twilo this, vinyl that" is getting tired :zzz: .

find your groove - it's out there; don't waste your time bellyaching.

sorry about the negativity, but my point is that in LA you very rarely get to see a 8-10 or longer hour set. you can't go to a club at 1 am and stay until you want to go home. we were never able to outlast a danny tenaglia set in new york. the afterhours in LA were always expensive and the music was hit or miss. this is why we started having people over to our house or going to other peoples houses that had tables. at least we knew the music would be good.

Party 'til 4am in Hollywood - (Thurs.-Sat.) - Ages 21+!!

*NEW*Venue - Amenities Include:

o Extended Hours until 4am (Thurs.-Sat.)

o 800+ Capacity (including the kickin' heated courtyard)

o Full Bar (including stellar wine selection)

o Convenient Location (just blocks from The Kodak Theater)

o Excellent food until 4 am ((Thurs.-Sat.))

o DJ and/or live music depending on night

o NO or ultra-low cover depending on night

*MENTION PLANET SHARK and SAVE 10% on your food & beverage bill*

For more info. on this party and tons of other cool events, visit Shark's Industry Insider Forum via http://www.planetsharkproductions.com

(NOTE: Planet Shark is also BOOKING special events, talent, promoters, music acts, film screenings, etc. for this venue - please see our web-site for details)

shark

www.planetsharkproductions.com

los angeles, ca - planet earth

"It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped." - Anthony Robbins

ABOUT PLANET SHARK PRODUCTIONS: LA film and video production company specializing in short format media projects and music videos. Planet Shark also produces, markets, and promotes film, record, and DVD release parties & other industry events. Shark's popular global showbiz website has 1000's of industry links and an Industry Insider Forum that's packed with jobs, A&R gigs, showbiz events, resumes, parties, casting calls & more. Over 2.75 MILLION industry visitors have orbited Planet Shark since our February 2003 relaunch. For more info., visit Shark's Industry Insider Forum via http://www.planetsharkproductions.com

* Join Shark's FREE Weekly LA Industry Events E-Zine via the Yahoo! Groups button on our homepage: http://www.planetsharkproductions.com

:makeout:

I went to "afterhours" out in sandiego last night at L5. Behrouz did his thing, but they shut it down at like 3:30, i don't even really remember. Theres alot of potenial out here, just not enough motivation... or something. I don't really know, its a different scene, can't try and make it like ny. I just have to adapt and fit in.

and wait till december 17th for Danny Tenaglia back home;)

Some of you guys really missed out on the good things that were happening at Little Pedro's this past year for Dilate on Friday Nights/Saturdays mornings. I had the pleasure of being a resident DJ. The talent and music coming out of there was top notch. Kazell, Cody Lee, Jim Carson, David Hopper, Mark Lewis, Dave Dresden, Rebecca Sin, the list goes on. Sometimes it would go from 2am until noon. We are in need of a good new afterhours. I just heard of one that may be opening up in Hollywood soon just south of Avalon. When I hear more I'll be sure to let you know. BTW, I'm new to this board. I think I might have posted a couple things here and there sometime last year, but otherwise, I'm brand spanking new. This my HELLO! :) I hope you are all in good spirits.

• 1 year later...

from experience i can tell u LA and OC have lively afterhours scenes... but like everyone says you have to go find it. that means: Go out to the club. Hang out. Make friends with cool-looking people. (Not hat-and-glasses cool but just people who look comfortable and like they know a few people.) Stay till the end. Ask the cool people where we're going now.

i used to bring a bag with me every time i went out because i never knew where i might end up.

also, as far as people saying crap about the LA house scene, i love it. i can't really say anything about the big room afterhours scenen since i wasn't into that sound then. but if you like it deep and different, y'all need to check out a guy called Tony Watson. (see mekanic.com.) he plays all over LA and pretty much always delivers. u will find an afterhours through those people.

The only afterhours I ever attended religiously was insomnia, in that super shady part of town. But it like many things got trendy, and shadier. The last thing I heard was that it got shot up and shut down. RIP my little hole in the wall:nopity:

Im a bit retired from clubbing in LA but i can tell you that the key is to meeting the right people. You can find parties that go as late as 6am, 10am, 12pm. I usually left San Diego, which is a 1.5 hour drive, about 11 or 12 cause i knew it would go late. I must warn you though that some of the places these parties take place are a bit sketchy and sometimes you might have to drive to the valley or some sketchy neiborhood downtown LA.

Im a bit retired from clubbing in LA but i can tell you that the key is to meeting the right people. You can find parties that go as late as 6am, 10am, 12pm. I usually left San Diego, which is a 1.5 hour drive, about 11 or 12 cause i knew it would go late. I must warn you though that some of the places these parties take place are a bit sketchy and sometimes you might have to drive to the valley or some sketchy neiborhood downtown LA.

If its a warehouse scene, it will probably be downtown, valley, and surrounds. The best is when they say "virgin" venue and youve been there five times before lol.