Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whoa!

renzo2

defend himself? from what a cup. This was not self defence and by going in the stands it made things alot worse. It would of been real good if someone in DEEEE -troit stabbed the fuck out of artest or jackson. And then the fan who did probably would of got away with it because that would be self defence.

HE attacked a bunch of people, they did not rush the floor he rushed the stands. In baseball people throw shit all the time, is it right-no, should they be punished-yes, should the players do it-no.

you are nuts getting hit with a cup of ice does not constitute inciting a fucking riot. IF a fan ran on the floor after artest fine fuck him up, other then that call sequrity. End of story.

Not to mention this is artest 3rd time doing something like this. He is done. HE got fined for given someone the finger then he charged the stands before.

You know what...fuck this...if he went up there and kicked ass if someone SAID something...then yes he would be completely wrong.

But because someone THREW something at him...unprovoked nonetheless...gave him the right to blast those degenerates. If you get shit thrown at you UNPROVOKED and you do nothing...you are a complete and total P-U-S-S-Y...spineless...a slit.

It's pathetic how you people can stick up for the fans just because you all hate Artest...if it was Paul Pierce, LeBron James or one of your hometown players you like that did it...y'all wouldn't have a problem with it.

Double standards I tell ya

IS jumping in the stands is worth a million bucks? HE might get bounced for the year.

Let me put it in this way.

Back in the 60's a guy had a barn ad all kinds of hippie that hitched their way across america slept in. This guy got pissed and decided to hook a shot gun up as a booby trap. A 18 year old opens the door and gets his legs blown off.

The guy goes to court and loses everything.

Was the kid wrong to tresspass, yes. Did it constitute taking his legs, no.

Was the fan wrong to throw the cup, yes. Did it constitute going into the stands, no.

These are not normal people they are millionares that sign contracts that specifically say you do not go into the stands. Those are the rules. This is not down the park. If this happened in high school or college he would be kicked off the team.

IS jumping in the stands is worth a million bucks? HE might get bounced for the year.

Let me put it in this way.

Back in the 60's a guy had a barn ad all kinds of hippie that hitched their way across america slept in. This guy got pissed and decided to hook a shot gun up as a booby trap. A 18 year old opens the door and gets his legs blown off.

The guy goes to court and loses everything.

Was the kid wrong to tresspass, yes. Did it constitute taking his legs, no.

Was the fan wrong to throw the cup, yes. Did it constitute going into the stands, no.

These are not normal people they are millionares that sign contracts that specifically say you do not go into the stands. Those are the rules. This is not down the park. If this happened in high school or college he would be kicked off the team.

Actually no...I've been in 3 fights in HS with dumb fans..suspended one game for one of the incidents...got nothing for the other 2 and was never kicked off the team.

The fans were wrong...but does it consitute then? You tell me

where and when did you play that you could get into a fight with fans and only get suspended for one game?

getting a cup thrown at you does not constitue jumping in the stands. those people (the other 99.9% that are ok) are who pay your salary.

How does going in the stands accomplish anything? You have to think is it worth it going in the stands and maybe getting the guy who did this, maybe getting stabbed, definatly losing money, definatly going to be suspended and hurting my team, is it worth it because I got hit with a cup.

he is a moron.

call over the sequrity get him kicked out that is all that was warrented.

CHSAA football baby...those were the days! You'd have to almost commit a felony for them to suspend ya. :)

Hell, one year when my brother was serving a suspension, he was allowed to work the first down markers and stuff...at the end of one play, someone called him the "n" word and my brother then proceeded to beat the holy hell outta him with the 1st down marker...any additional suspensions? Nah...not for the star player ;)

what is the nba going to fine the fans? Or suspend them from work? What the hell do you want the NBA to do when this represent .00000001% of the fans and it represents about 2% of the nba.

The NBA has the film to prove it...sue the shit outta the fans...or blacklist them from ANY sporting event for the rest of their lives...that's fair to me.

there definately needs to be increased security at games

if there is anything that can be taken away from this, thats it.....and I hope the NBA claims a little responsibility for the lack of security during this whole ordeal

should the sequrity sit in the front row with nets to catch thrown cups?

I do not care how much sequrity you have once artest went into the stands it was over. You figure there was what 30 people involved in the scrum in a 18000 seat stadium? You have sequrity all over the areana but when this all breaks out what would you like them to do? You can not use mase, or anyting like that to dispearse the crowd. So it is really one on one. You have people running towards the exit which is the way they have to come in. By the time they get there they can not get over the seat to get in the middle.

Come on now.

so what happens to the pacers? can they go and get some players from the CBA to fill their 3 roster spots for the next 2 months?

while you can never ensure that another idiot fan from throwing shit at a player, players should let the police handle it. with so many cameras & security in the arene it doesnt seem difficult to ID the fan and deal with them appopriately. once a player goes into the stands after a fan, that almost means its a free for all. fans can/will enter the arena and hell breaks loose.

pistons should be made to pay a heavy fine or be made to play a few games away from Detroit as punishment for the behavior of their fans.

The NBA has the film to prove it...sue the shit outta the fans...or blacklist them from ANY sporting event for the rest of their lives...that's fair to me.

great what are we going to have eye scanners to get in games?

The fans on the court ban them. The fans in the stands will not happen because you have to prove that they were not defending themselves.

Besides Wallace...the Pistons organization and their lowlife, shithead fans will now get away scott-free.

well i agree about the fans but go easy on wallace he was just caught up in the fact that artest pretty much punched him on the way up. Everyone from bird to jordan have gotton into shit like that in the heat of the moment.

great what are we going to have eye scanners to get in games?

The fans on the court ban them. The fans in the stands will not happen because you have to prove that they were not defending themselves.

The videotope will provide more than enough evidence...plus fans videotaping and testimony will also help. The get busted and the court can have all of their info (ID, credit card info)released to any sporting outlet in the USA...when you think about it...it's not that difficult to do.