Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BMW M-series

MysticRain

What about this car? Sorry guys, but I don't know where else or who to ask this.

Could you be anymore vague? First off, what year, what series, what style, etc..? Secondly, what exactly do you want to know costs, performance, reliability, resale, new, used, looks, etc.

Really all you need to know is they are amazing machines.....drive one....ANY year.

Well I liked the 2004 but I just saw the 2005 and think they're kinda ugly now.....but I wanted to know everything about them. How they ride, reliability, depreciation. I know the costs. I also kinda like the 325I. Thanks guys.

There was no 2004 M5.

There are no real changes in the M3 from 2004 to 2005 but a new generation 3 Series will come out next model year w/ the new M3 probably following in 2007.

What car are you asking about?

There was no 2004 M5.

There are no real changes in the M3 from 2004 to 2005 but a new generation 3 Series will come out next model year w/ the new M3 probably following in 2007.

What car are you asking about?

Hopefully it will not be designed by Chris Bangle. They need to fire him!!! The new 5 and 7 look awful, IMO. The 7 series has so many problems with that iDrive system.

The M3 is a beautiful car and very powerful but Audi's new S4 has really caught up. With the Quattro drivetrain as standard, it may not be a "true" sports car but it definitely handles as well as the M3. :D

Hopefully it will not be designed by Chris Bangle. They need to fire him!!! The new 5 and 7 look awful, IMO. The 7 series has so many problems with that iDrive system.

The M3 is a beautiful car and very powerful but Audi's new S4 has really caught up. With the Quattro drivetrain as standard, it may not be a "true" sports car but it definitely handles as well as the M3. :D

First off, the iDrive blows. I have spent hours using it and I still think it blows. The Audi version(in A8) is much more user friendly and far more intuitive.

The previous generation 7 was bad ass(sport pkg wheels were key) but the new 7 has grown on me. I go back and forth on the design of the new 5. Not taking any other cars into consideration, I dont mind it(especially the 545 w/ Sport Pkg wheels). However, when I consider the new A6 and the E, I think a little less of the 5 and would lean toward either of these b/f I would get the 5.

My girlfriend drives an '04 A4 1.8T w/ quattro. I use the word solid when I talk about the car. The thing handles like it is on rails. I havent seen the traction control cut on yet b/c it is nearly impossible to break the rear loose. I agree that the S4 may not be a "true" sports car but it is an amazing vehicle. For fun factor, I prefer a rear wheel drive car but for normal operations, awd is very safe and extremely practical.

I'm also not sure about picking the M5 over the RS6. I haven't seen the 2005 M5 but I'm assuming it's got the general body style of the new 5 (except maybe with a front mask and flared fenders). I wouldn't consider the E55. For me, it's basically BMW vs. Audi these days. And then a step up from that the 911 Turbo and then the Modena. :D

Here is a link for M5 pics...

http://www.engine-power.com/bmw/2005_bmw_m5.html

I prefer the Carrera4 to the Turbo. The 4 has more potential to reward and punish you at the same time. I prefer the RWD to the AWD in a sportscar. I have only driven the 911T for 5 minutes and it was bad ass but the 4 is more me.

The E55 AMG is one of my favorite cars around. However, it is going to be trumped in performance by the M5. This isnt surprising considering the fact that the E has been out for a few years and the M5 is brand new. Give Merc-Benz a little time and we will probably see 550-575hp or more for their E55.

If they're going to give the E55 500+ HP, what would they have in store for their S, CL's, and SL's? I think pretty soon we're going to be entering Bugatti territory.

Personally, I love it.

that is horrible product mismanagement on the part of Mercedes. MB shot itself in the foot by making the SL65 more powerful than the much more expensive SLR. by giving the E55 AMG that much power, many buyers may choose that over a more expensive AMG model.

M-series are great cars.. only downside is BMW's depreciate at an insane rate since they come out with new body styles every year. I hear they're making an M6.

Actually, this statement is completely incorrect. The only car that holds value as well as a BMW is Mercedes. BMW was actually best in 2003 going into 2004.

Second, BMW models are re-designed every 7 yrs. This change in models started w/ the 7 is 2002, then the 5 in 2004, and finally the 3 will be new for 2006.

M versions come out about 12-18 months after the original(but this isnt in stone).

Actually, this statement is completely incorrect. The only car that holds value as well as a BMW is Mercedes. BMW was actually best in 2003 going into 2004.

Second, BMW models are re-designed every 7 yrs. This change in models started w/ the 7 is 2002, then the 5 in 2004, and finally the 3 will be new for 2006.

M versions come out about 12-18 months after the original(but this isnt in stone).

I dunno man, I remember reading somewhere (probably in C&D since thats what I used to subscribe to) that Mercedes hold their value the best while BMW's depreciated at pretty high rates. This was around 3-4 years ago. Just from searching for cars online right now you can easily tell Merc's hold their value a lot more than BMW's.

Bangle has ruined BMW. W/ the exception of the 7 and the rodster, he is killing the company, car by car. The x3 is disgusting as is the 5 and wait til you see the new 3 - repulsive.

<< will not return to bmw w/ bangle designs w/ the excep. of the 7.

Kelley Blue Book picks the 2005 vehicles most likely to hold their value.

Most of the top 2005 model year vehicles expected to retain their value the best are luxury models, and two are from BMW and two are from Nissan.

Kelley Blue Book, which tracks vehicle worth, said six vehicles from luxury brands and specifically the 2005 BMW 5-Series and the BMW-built MINI Cooper, as well as the Nissan 350Z and Nissan-built Infiniti G35 Coupe, are likely to have lower depreciation than the norm.

Besides the BMW 5-Series and Infiniti G35 Coupe, the luxury brand vehicles are the Acura TL, Lexus GX 470, Mercedes-Benz CLK 320 Cabriolet and the Porsche Cayenne.

Here are the top ten 2005 vehicles likely retain value the best:*

Acura TL

BMW 5-Series

Infiniti G35 Coupe

Lexus GX 470

Mazda RX-8

Mercedes-Benz CLK 320 Cabriolet

MINI Cooper

Nissan 350Z

Porsche Cayenne

Volvo XC90

2005 vehicles that will hold value the best by category:*

Sedan: Honda Civic

Coupe: Infiniti G35

Convertible: Nissan 350Z roadster

Luxury: BMW 5-Series

Pickup: Toyota Tacoma PreRunner

Sport Utility: Volvo XC90

Here's the link...

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4022645&src=windowshopping

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest onisakura
I have a 04 m3 convertible to me its worth every penny my first choice was audi s4 conv. just because i wanted something new and different but once i drove it there was no comparison cant wait for the new one V8 AWD

I really like that color. That and Laguna Seca Blue. The LSB is trademark M3 to me though.

I have a 04 m3 convertible to me its worth every penny my first choice was audi s4 conv. just because i wanted something new and different but once i drove it there was no comparison cant wait for the new one V8 AWD

sweet ride.......i traded my 540 for a Z4.....i needed something a little different and something i didn't get lost in because i'm pretty petite......my man loves the M's and so do i so we'll see in a couple years maybe that'll be the next car *crosses fingers*